Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos Hire Mike Munchak To Be New OL Coach

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Report: Broncos Hire Mike Munchak To Be New OL Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I kinda made the leap that Foster, Gilbert, Finney, and Feiler are now potentially problematic resignings. How much do they like playing for Munch and how much does Munch like coaching them? I guess we will find out at the start of the league year!
    I assumed Foster is gone when the Steelers did not reach a new deal with him last summer with his contract expiring this past season. Finney is a restricted free agent but the presumed replacement for Foster. Steelers should be able to keep him.

With so much time missed the past 2 seasons Gilbert already has been gone to some extent but not certain the Steelers trust Feiler as the full time starter and Chuks may not be ready. No Munchak is not going to help in figuring out who plays RT.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

O-line will definitely regress now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    No Munchak is not going to help in figuring out who plays RT.
    Sarrett has been here for the last 7 years, he knows...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    *Sigh* Not surprising that he made a lateral move to escape the dysfunction that is the Mike Tomlin circus.
    I live in Denver. Trust me, the Broncos are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    No higher than 9 wins in 2019.

That said, best of luck to Munchak. I wish him all the best. He deserves better.
    Don't see how taking a lateral transfer to an even worse team whose HC will continue to be the lightning rod for the crappy personnel decisions of a GM who is treated like a god is a better situation, but whatever.

It wasn't Vance Joseph's fault the Broncos took Paxton Lynch in the first round (who is now out of the league completely) and massively overpaid for Case Keenum.

And then there's the whole ownership shitshow.

Good luck to Munch. He'll need it...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I live in Denver. Trust me, the Broncos are even worse.

Don't see how taking a lateral transfer to an even worse team whose HC will continue to be the lightning rod for the crappy personnel decisions of a GM who is treated like a god is a better situation, but whatever.

It wasn't Vance Joseph's fault the Broncos took Paxton Lynch in the first round (who is now out of the league completely) and massively overpaid for Case Keenum.

And then there's the whole ownership shitshow.

Good luck to Munch. He'll need it...

Could be he'd rather have a solid turd in Denver over diarrhea in Pittsburgh.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

What I don't understand he took a lateral movement, not a head coach. Kinda irks me. He was willing to jump ship to not even get a superior job position.

Things must be bad.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    What I don't understand he took a lateral movement, not a head coach. Kinda irks me. He was willing to jump ship to not even get a superior job position.

Things must be bad.
    He has family in Denver, I believe.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

What? That sucks fuckin' shit!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post

Things must be bad.
    Apparently he did get a raise although I would hope the Steelers offered to match it

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I know 'lateral move' is fun to say and sounds smart but the truth is none of us would even know even if it was a lateral move. Maybe he's next up as HC? More room for promotion? More money? New challenges? More options? Family? Better/longer/shorter terms? Tired of shitty weather? Who knows what was promised to him or why he took it but OC -> OC doesn't mean it's the same or that the house is on fire..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Munch is the best OL coach in football.
    All Defense!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Starrett doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. The Steelers should look outside before picking Starrett imo.
    No no no, next man up. Gotta promote from with in seek continuity. Blah blah blah, at least see what's out there, but I doubt they will

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Should have made him the assistant HC. Tomlin needs help.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If Munch is in Denver for two seasons, the Broncos will have a better run game than the Steelers at that point. Let's just hope that Double S has picked up some pointers from Munch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I'm all about trashing tomlin's decisions buy going back to Munch turning down HC interviews he basically said it's Pittsburgh or Denver only. He'll be the highest paid assistant in the league, near his grandkid and assistant HC role, from what it sounds.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If Munch is in Denver for two seasons, the Broncos will have a better run game than the Steelers at that point. Let's just hope that Double S has picked up some pointers from Munch.
    Doesn't matter Ben will tell his caddy he wants to sling it more next season anyway. We don't need RB's or RB coaches or run blocking

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I guess I am in the minority here, but I don't wish him any luck at all. He left us and for a lateral move at that...pffft. He gets no well wishes from me. I appreciate what he did for us here and if he wants to come back as our O-line coach I will be all for it, but he left us and no longer supports our cause, so why would I wish any luck to him?

I never liked Elway nor the broncos and like them less now.

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    *Sigh* Not surprising that he made a lateral move to escape the dysfunction that is the Mike Tomlin circus.
    That is exactly right. This Tomlin is sooo bad. He is testing my character. I know I would never work for him. My hope is that the Rooneys sell the franchise. I am serious. I am looking for a second team to cheer on. Who would that be?

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Like Rats leaving a sinking ship (not to be confused with Ratbirds)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Why Denver?
    Munchak has a daughter (and granddaughter) there.

Why did they promote from within?
    In this instance, I’m glad. Sarrett has been praised as being crucial in the revamping of our O-line.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Why Denver?
    Munchak has a daughter (and granddaughter) there.

Why did they promote from within?
    In this instance, I’m glad. Sarrett has been praised as being crucial in the revamping of our O-line.
    This!!!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

http://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status...66482705027073

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That is exactly right. This Tomlin is sooo bad. He is testing my character. I know I would never work for him. My hope is that the Rooneys sell the franchise. I am serious. I am looking for a second team to cheer on. Who would that be?
    Rodger Go to hell did his best to help you with your wishes, but don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'.

I'm not much of a Tomlin fan either, but I am and will always be a Steeler fan. Not sure you will understand that and I'm not sure I even want to explain, it's just who I am. They aint perfect but neither am i. Damn close but...LOL

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Flee the Tomlin Kardashian circus, Mike! Run!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Starrett has been with us 7 years? That’s great news then. The transfer and training should be fairly seamless then from Munch to Starrett. Fans need to be fair and allow the benefit of doubt with some players. Even Munch had to throw in the towel on Adams and we still don’t know much about the always injured guy from LSU. Yet to see if Okorafor will pan out. Hate to lose Munch but at least we have kept Starrett thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Starrett has been with us 7 years? That’s great news then. The transfer and training should be fairly seamless then from Munch to Starrett. Fans need to be fair and allow the benefit of doubt with some players. Even Munch had to throw in the towel on Adams and we still don’t know much about the always injured guy from LSU. Yet to see if Okorafor will pan out. Hate to lose Munch but at least we have kept Starrett thus far.

Butler was with the Steelers 15 years then Lebeau to Butler. Hope it works out.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Butler was with the Steelers 15 years then Lebeau to Butler. Hope it works out.
    Big difference between a position coach and the DC. Not a valid comparison. Starrett is going from being an OL position coach to being the OL position coach. Munch gets 100% credit but he had help just like all coaches. Just pointing out we still have a qualified guy at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Big difference between a position coach and the DC. Not a valid comparison. Starrett is going from being an OL position coach to being the OL position coach. Munch gets 100% credit but he had help just like all coaches. Just pointing out we still have a qualified guy at the position.
    Point taken, but it still makes me gun shy.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    at the very least it tells us that Denver made an offer that he liked better

Tells us that our leadership was stupid enough to let him get to the end of his contract without getting an extension done a year ago. He's the best in the league at what he does, they shoulda locked him up when they had him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    Tells us that our leadership was stupid enough to let him get to the end of his contract without getting an extension done a year ago. He's the best in the league at what he does, they shoulda locked him up when they had him.
    I agree. But it should be acknowledged that it is possible they offered and he said no thanks.