Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news! The window is not closed!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Breaking news! The window is not closed!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    THANK YOU!!! I don’t care if Ben is fat, skinny, lean, mean, or anorexic. All that I’m worried about is his elbow.

That said, his beard is kind of gross.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Otherwise... Steelers fans will be trapped in a glass case of emotion.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

THANK YOU!!! I don’t care if Ben is fat, skinny, lean, mean, or anorexic. All that I’m worried about is his elbow.

That said, his beard is kind of gross.
    I agree, the homeless Ron Burgandy beard was nasty, but if you look in the pic with Franco, it appears that he groomed it somewhat. Wonder if he is starting to throw yet, as supposedly he wasn't gonna cut it until he was throwing?

Either way, glad he cleaned it up as it was looking very Appalacian hillbilly style.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I think he might be waiting to “shear da beard” along with Keisel.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    If Ben can’t come back next year, then we will most definitely pick up a Fitzmagic type QB in the offseason. Think about it as a FA QB in the offseason, this team with crap at QB almost made the playoffs. Average QB play gets us in there and probably at least a deep run. There will be several QBs that fit that mold and what QB in that position wouldn’t want their shot at a legit SB run.

I am not worried about QB next season.
    like this post and agree, the Steelers were caught flat footed this season when Ben went down, Rudolph was probably expected to possibly fill in for a game or two, nothing more. They’ll be better prepared next season with a more experienced Rudolph and a vet backup or maybe better especially if Ben can’t go. And I think they’ll know how good he can throw well before the regular season starts. With a RB another OLineman, we are set with this defense.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I can pretty much say that about any team and be right. Chances are against any random team that they'll win the SB in either of the following two seasons. 1-32 chance.

Here's another good prediction to make. Antonio Brown wont be on a Super Bowl winning team in the next two seasons. Same applies for LeVeon Bell. That's how it works in a 32 team league.

Here's my prediction. The Steelers will at the very least make it to the divisional playoff round next season. (final 8) If they don't I will discontinue posting here. What say you?
    This is interesting retrospective. AB and Bell were in the Super Bowl last season, and AB on the winning Bucs squad. At least the poster stayed true to his word.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I liked zulater.

I wish he would post here again.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I liked zulater.

I wish he would post here again.

yes Zu and a few others. But I sure can understand why they have stopped posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

yes Zu and a few others. But I sure can understand why they have stopped posting.
    Me too! Sadly much of this board’s attitude is, “We suck when we’re good, and really suck when we’re bad”.
    For the good insightful posters, (me not one of them), it makes it tough to even bother. I read an article where it was written, “Steelers fans act like they are entitled”. Think about that. It’s hard for me to come around, and I’m just hear for comic relief. But it’s funny how the doom sayers come out of the woodwork when the Steelers aren’t good.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I miss Zu, but he would not be standing for any of the Ben is playing bad conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Me too! Sadly much of this board’s attitude is, “We suck when we’re good, and really suck when we’re bad”.
    For the good insightful posters, (me not one of them), it makes it tough to even bother. I read an article where it was written, “Steelers fans act like they are entitled”. Think about that. It’s hard for me to come around, and I’m just hear for comic relief. But it’s funny how the doom sayers come out of the woodwork when the Steelers aren’t good.
    I think a lot of Steeler fans do act like they are entitled to winning football, AFC North titles and Super Bowl appearances. I think the Steelers are the 2nd most winning team in the NFL in the last 25 years or something like that, so an entire generation of fans is used to being near the top of the league. Lots havent played the game either and it can be easy to forget "the opposing teams are really playing hard too", when you have never had to battle an opposing football player yourself for 60 minutes at any level.

Please keep coming around, even for comic relief, but drop some knowledge here when you can too. I enjoy just filtering thru the noise of this board, whether its extreme fandom and homers, or the sky is falling negativity. I enjoy your contribution to the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I miss Zu, but he would not be standing for any of the Ben is playing bad conversation!
    Most definitely he would not. He is probably somewhere wearing his Steelers pajamas, with a #7 jersey on and in the fetal position refusing to hear any of that talk and still thinks Ben has another good 10 years left in him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think he was the one that wanted to trade Ben for Mark Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

the attitude of one of the mods here is why I have mostly stopped posting.

and it's not fansince1976, he's awesome.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Seems like a straw man. Aren't there frontrunners like last year at 11-0?

Those of us who are most hated want a return to more balanced offense basically; rather than Ben throwing 50 times every big game as a game plan (especially now).

Steelers haven't had a losing season since 2003- "suck" is too strong a word.

Late season collapses are the norm with the 3 playoff wins since 2011 being over Matt Moore, AJ McCarron and Alex Smith.

Not everyone is cut out to be a cheerleader.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Seems like a straw man. Aren't there frontrunners like last year at 11-0?

Those of us who are most hated want a return to more balanced offense basically; rather than Ben throwing 50 times every big game as a game plan (especially now).

Steelers haven't had a losing season since 2003- "suck" is too strong a word.

Late season collapses are the norm with the 3 playoff wins since 2011 being over Matt Moore, AJ McCarron and Alex Smith.

Not everyone is cut out to be a cheerleader.
    Amazing….Thanks! Out!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

me personally ( not that anyone gives a shit ) I struggle to post because of my lack of faith in the NFL in general and the direction said league has lined itself up with ...

its against my general rule of thumb , I have a difficult time helping to fund something that champions damn near everything I am not.......

I used to watch every televised game , every possible hour or pre and post game but no more ...... I turn on the TV 5 mins before the Steelers play and some weeks ( such as last ) when they throw the ball on 4th and 10 to basically the LOS and fail to convert in the last few mins of the game I just turn it off and go on with my life disgusted in how this team curently operates
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Here's my prediction. The Steelers will at the very least make it to the divisional playoff round next season. (final 8) If they don't I will discontinue posting here. What say you?
    Is this why Zu isn’t around anymore?

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is this why Zu isn’t around anymore?
    look through this thread there are many that are no longer here

look through this thread there are many that are no longer here
    I was looking through. That’s why I asked. He has a particular “reason” here…lol

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I was looking through. That’s why I asked. He has a particular “reason” here…lol
    he last posted 2-23-23 a few posts this year after a several year span of none ... I didnt realize he had returned and left again in the same day ...

I've known him (on the internet) since around 1995-96 as he posted on steelers dot com with a bunch of us and moved to my old board from there and then to hear ... he is posting somewhere just dunno where he enjoys it to much not to be

he last posted 2-23-23 a few posts this year after a several year span of none ... I didnt realize he had returned and left again in the same day ...

I've known him (on the internet) since around 1995-96 as he posted on steelers dot com with a bunch of us and moved to my old board from there and then to hear ... he is posting somewhere just dunno where he enjoys it to much not to be
    Ahhh. Didn’t realize he posted so recently…

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I believe that zulater would have had a chance to be right if Ben would have been healthy and still be good in the 2019 season

I believe the steelers would have had at least 10-11 wins with good QB play, good for the 5th seed and a playoff win would have been possible in Houston...The 2019 team probably had their best defense since at least 2010 and the steelers were 8-5 at one point despite a terrible offense....Of course at the end the offense was at an even worse level and overall it was the worst steelers offense since at least 1998 but if Ben would have been healthy and still decent, a playoff win in Houston would have been possible

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

We should keep this thread open for the next 18 years as the Kenny Pickett window.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I believe that zulater would have had a chance to be right if Ben would have been healthy and still be good in the 2019 season

I believe the steelers would have had at least 10-11 wins with good QB play, good for the 5th seed and a playoff win would have been possible in Houston...The 2019 team probably had their best defense since at least 2010 and the steelers were 8-5 at one point despite a terrible offense....Of course at the end the offense was at an even worse level and overall it was the worst steelers offense since at least 1998 but if Ben would have been healthy and still decent, a playoff win in Houston would have been possible
    Randy Fichtner was the OC, Ben had been declining in his skills and abilities(Father Time was catching up), the Steelers were rebuilding on Offense with guys like James Washington, James Conner, Dionte Johnson, while plugging holes on defense with older veterans like Mark Barron, Joe Haden, Tyson Alualu.

Even 2007 Ben Roethlisberger doesnt lead that team to anything better than a Wildcard playoff win. But if you put your Black and Gold glasses on, you might believe that Ben could win 2 Lombardi's in that same season.

The rebuild had to happen and at least the Steelers are looking forward now with potential to open the window more each season, rather than watching it close each season.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Randy Fichtner was the OC, Ben had been declining in his skills and abilities(Father Time was catching up), the Steelers were rebuilding on Offense with guys like James Washington, James Conner, Dionte Johnson, while plugging holes on defense with older veterans like Mark Barron, Joe Haden, Tyson Alualu.

Even 2007 Ben Roethlisberger doesnt lead that team to anything better than a Wildcard playoff win. But if you put your Black and Gold glasses on, you might believe that Ben could win 2 Lombardi's in that same season.

The rebuild had to happen and at least the Steelers are looking forward now with potential to open the window more each season, rather than watching it close each season.
    I said just a playoff win...not a super bowl...in 2019 the steelers were 8-5 at one point and it's not so crazy to think they would have had a chance with competent QB play to win against the bills, jets, which would have been good for the 5th seed and then they would have been in Houston for the first playoff game...Below average team win a playoff game almost every year in the NFL....I mean , if the 2022 giants can win a playoff game, the 2019 steelers with their best defense since 2010 would have had a shot in 2019 with competent QB play.... Not a guarantee of course, which I never said but at least a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I said just a playoff win...not a super bowl...in 2019 the steelers were 8-5 at one point and it's not so crazy to think they would have had a chance with competent QB play to win against the bills, jets, which would have been good for the 5th seed and then they would have been in Houston for the first playoff game...Below average team win a playoff game almost every year in the NFL....I mean , if the 2022 giants can win a playoff game, the 2019 steelers with their best defense since 2010 would have had a shot in 2019 with competent QB play.... Not a guarantee of course, which I never said but at least a possibility
    I hear ya.

I think Zulater and the whole "window" was more of a window of opportunity to win another championship. Finishing above .500, getting into the playoffs and picking around 20th in the draft seems to have been the standard for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I hear ya.

I think Zulater and the whole "window" was more of a window of opportunity to win another championship. Finishing above .500, getting into the playoffs and picking around 20th in the draft seems to have been the standard for the past decade.
    I was mostly responding to what zulater was saying to what 86ward had quoted in post 137 of this page

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    We should keep this thread open for the next 18 years as the Kenny Pickett window.
    good thinking

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah, I did not want to accept that father time had caught up with Ben as well. Being a lifelong Steeler fan and, seeing all the QB's between Terry & Ben it was tough to see the end for Big Ben. After watching Kenny and, I think we have found our next QB at least I hope so. The future is bright!