Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Removes Steelers Reference From Twitter Bio

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Antonio Brown Removes Steelers Reference From Twitter Bio

I know this story, on its surface, seems a little silly. It’s a very 2019 one to write about. But if you wanted further indication of Antonio Brown’s unhappiness in Pittsburgh, or at the least, willingness to be traded somewhere else, you have an extra piece of evidence Sunday night. Brown removed references to the Pittsburgh Steelers from his Twitter bio.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/an...m-twitter-bio/

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown Removes Steelers Reference From Twitter Bio

Well....this isn't going to smooth anything over.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Well....this isn't going to smooth anything over.
    Seems like he's following Bell's steps with deleting the twitter stuff. Oh well!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

He also posted a painting he had done of half AB/half Jerry Rice.

Maybe the Niners “love” was due to his self-comparison to Rice. Or, maybe he really does want to be traded there. If he wants to go there, why not? It’s an NFC team AND they seem to want him (so, they’ll pay more).

I’d be fine with trading AB straight up for Mike McGlinchey. I know that most of you would want a pick, but I’d prefer the established player... and, with McGlinchey, our already great O-line would become world changing.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Maybe the Niners “love” was due to his self-comparison to Rice. Or, maybe he really does want to be traded there. If he wants to go there, why not? It’s an NFC team AND they seem to want him (so, they’ll pay more).

I’d be fine with trading AB straight up for Mike McGlinchey. I know that most of you would want a pick, but I’d prefer the established player... and, with McGlinchey, our already great O-line would become world changing.
    I really do not understand how a guy entering his 2nd year is an established player. 3rd year, maybe if the first 2 were amazing enough, but a guy entering his 2nd year? And I'm sorry to say but I cannot get on board with trading a star player and not even getting even a pick or defensive upgrade at LB or CB. And getting a player in year 2 does not equal a player of Antonio Brown's caliber

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Eh trade him then. A player that doesn't want to be here will do more harm than good leaving him on the roster

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

well at least he's addressing the negativity..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think he’s posted that painting several times before. That was done around the time people were comparing him to Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I really do not understand how a guy entering his 2nd year is an established player. 3rd year, maybe if the first 2 were amazing enough, but a guy entering his 2nd year? And I'm sorry to say but I cannot get on board with trading a star player and not even getting even a pick or defensive upgrade at LB or CB. And getting a player in year 2 does not equal a player of Antonio Brown's caliber
    A draft pick is a gamble. A large percentage of them never pan out.

As far as an established player goes: yes, I’d prefer a guy who’s done it for a few years, but look at the Niners’ roster. There aren’t many blue chip players on that team, except for McGlinchey and Kittle. (Most would want Kittle, but since he & AB are Twitter “friends” I figured he’d have to stay.) Kittle has only had one great season, but it was record-setting. McGlinchey has only had one great season, but he was hands down the NFC West OROY... and, played well enough to be considered probably in the top 5 of RTs in the entire league.

Again, Kittle & McGlinchey have only done it for one year, but those were great years, AND, one year in the NFL is more than any rookie. As good as Player McDraft “might” be, the first round is rife with players who bottomed out.

One final thought on being “established”... Darius Leonard has only done it for one year, too. Are you telling me you wouldn’t want him on our defense?

As far as CB or ILB: yea, I looked there. Fred Warner looks pretty good, but I wouldn’t put him in the same class as Kittle & McGlinchey.

SUMMATION:
    I’d rather have the “sure thing” in McGlinchey than risk everything on a rookie who “might” be really good.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

AB's best bet would be to delete his twitter account altogether and remove himself from the bane that is Twitter.

Watched a really interesting Joe Rogan podcast with social psychologist Jonathan Haidt as his guest. It's two hours long but worth it, especially if you have kids that are starting to use technology devices. Haidt talked about how pre-teen, teen and college kids depression and suicide numbers spiked with the advent of the iPhone and social media. If you have kids that are pre-teen, teen or entering college I urge you to watch this podcast (Link). It talks about kids and how we have F'd them up the last generation.

I believe AB falls into this category.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    His best bet would be to delete his twitter account altogether and remove himself from the bane that is Twitter.

Watched a really interesting Joe Rogan podcast with social psychologist Jonathan Haidt as his guest. It's two hours long but worth it. Haidt talked about how pre-teen, teen and college kids depression and suicide numbers spiked with the advent of the iPhone and social media. If you have kids that are pre-teen, teen or entering college I urge you to watch this podcast (Link). It really talks about kids and how we have F'd them up the last generation.

Great post.

There was a reason that Steve Jobs would not let his own kids use the iPad (and/or iPhone).

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Great post.

There was a reason that Steve Jobs would not let his own kids use the iPad (and/or iPhone).
    Funny you say this, because Jonathan Haidt brings up this EXACT point that executives at these social media companies won't let their kids use them because they know they are addictive poison especially to a young developing mind.

Funny you say this, because Jonathan Haidt brings up this EXACT point that executives at these social media companies won't let their kids use them because they know they are addictive poison especially to a young developing mind.
    EXACTLY!!!

My son (who is about to turn 12) asked for a phone. We said no way. We only let him use tablets to play games or do homework research. My wife has always refused to get a Facebook/Twitter account (she's smart) and we will not let him get one either until he's out of high school. I work with so many people (I'm in IT) that have told me nightmare stories about how their kids changed the minute they gave them a phone, especially the girls.

My advice to parents HOLD OUT, DON'T GIVE IN when they beg.

My son (who is about to turn 12) asked for a phone. We said no way. We only let him use tablets to play games or do homework research. My wife has always refused to get a Facebook/Twitter account (she's smart) and we will not let him get one either until he's out of high school. I work with so many people (I'm in IT) that have told me nightmare stories about how their kids changed the minute they gave them a phone, especially the girls.

This post needs to be pinned.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The 49ers aren’t giving up Kittle...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Prevention is better than the cure. Good look. Your son will appreciate it later down the road.

The 49ers aren’t giving up Kittle...

Most would want Kittle, but since he & AB are Twitter “friends” I figured he’d have to stay.

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

AB's best bet would be to delete his twitter account altogether and remove himself from the bane that is Twitter.

Watched a really interesting Joe Rogan podcast with social psychologist Jonathan Haidt as his guest. It's two hours long but worth it, especially if you have kids that are starting to use technology devices. Haidt talked about how pre-teen, teen and college kids depression and suicide numbers spiked with the advent of the iPhone and social media. If you have kids that are pre-teen, teen or entering college I urge you to watch this podcast (Link). It talks about kids and how we have F'd them up the last generation.

I appreciate the post I previewed the referral of the Joe Rogan podcast. I will watch the entire two hours and look forward to the enlightenment. AB is most certainly is in an unhealthy category. My elementary observation is that it is ego based and an obvious need to be recognized & applauded well beyond normal. I saw the void being temporarily filled when he was on Dancing with the Stars. Hollywood's acculturation is extremely damaging. Beyond my ability to describe. Many people have lost their True Self. Think for moment what a sense of well being AB should have within himself. He is just like a drug addict he needs more and more when he has so much to be grateful for. He does need serious help but I would suspect his false friends are applauding his greatness.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Related to all this discussion is the acknowledgement by a now ex-Facebook employee who was in on the ground floor design of the platform. He has admitted on the record that they sorta knowingly designed a "digital drug". That "likes" and "re-posts" on Facebook hit the same dopamine receptors in your brain that recreational narcotics engage.

There are longer more detailed pieces floating around, but this is the idea -- https://adage.com/article/digital/se...brains/311238/

I have no idea if this relates to AB, but it wouldn't be a stretch that a narcissistic, ego driven, alpha athlete has problems making good social media choices.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Jerry Rice: Steelers WR Antonio Brown wants to play for 49ers 'really badly'

Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz, USA TODAY
    Jan. 14, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/2572232002/

I would not trade AB to the 49ers unless they are willing to give up the 2nd pick. A franchise WR like that is worth the 2nd overall pick and if they want to keep it tough.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I would not trade AB to the 49ers unless they are willing to give up the 2nd pick. A franchise WR like that is worth the 2nd overall pick and if they want to keep it tough.
    if I'm the 49ers I might consider giving up the 34th overall pick for AB, but no way do I trade the 2nd overall selection for a 31 year old malcontent diva WR making a huge salary.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Jerry Rice: Steelers WR Antonio Brown wants to play for 49ers 'really badly'

Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz, USA TODAY
    Jan. 14, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/2572232002/
    Trade him to them. When we have to play them we will win easy cause we got Artie Burns! He is so use to shutting down AB in practice the last couple years!

49ers don’t have what it takes to trade for Brown...unless the Steelers give Brown away for under his actual value.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    if I'm the 49ers I might consider giving up the 34th overall pick for AB, but no way do I trade the 2nd overall selection for a 31 year old malcontent diva WR making a huge salary.
    Then I'd say no deal and tell brown the 49ers didn't want him enough (haha)

On a serious note, if they cant get a first for brown then they should feel embarrassed

49ers don’t have what it takes to trade for Brown...unless the Steelers give Brown away for under his actual value.
    Every other team knows that the Steelers sort of “have to” trade AB. So, the Steelers lose leverage.

Except, since AB wants to play for the Niners, it collies some of that leverage back towards the Steelers (when negotiating with the Niners).

Every other team knows that the Steelers sort of “have to” trade AB. So, the Steelers lose leverage.

Except, since AB wants to play for the Niners, it collies some of that leverage back towards the Steelers (when negotiating with the Niners).
    Steelers don’t HAVE to trade him but even going on that basis that they do have to, the 49ers aren’t going to give up the #2 pick and AB is worth much more than the 34 pick. If it’s not a first round pick plus, it’s not enough.

Steelers don’t HAVE to trade him but even going on that basis that they do have to, the 49ers aren’t going to give up the #2 pick and AB is worth much more than the 34 pick. If it’s not a first round pick plus, it’s not enough.
    Indeed. Ergo, give me a player.

If it “has” to be a pick... the #34 pick and a R1 in 2020.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Take 49ers round one and round 2, we give them AB and our round 1. So we are getting a second rounder but moving up 18 spots in first.