Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown trade suitors could be led by Broncos

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Antonio Brown trade suitors could be led by Broncos

As the Antonio Brown saga staggers on for the Pittsburgh Steelers, the prospects of the ultra-talented and unhappy wide receiver being traded look to be gaining momentum.
    Among the teams that might be interested, based on salary cap space, are the Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers and, perhaps leading the way, the Denver Broncos, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday on NFL
    Game Day Morning. No matter who the suitor is, the asking price is believed to be a second-round pick and more with the Steelers now potentially not just listening to offers, but seeking them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...led-by-broncos

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown trade suitors could be led by Broncos

Brown hates Ben, wait until rag arm Keenam starts throwing to him. I'd hate to be a watercooler on the Broncos bench.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This after the report that AB 100% wants to stay in Pittsburgh...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    This after the report that AB 100% wants to stay in Pittsburgh...lol.
    At this point I don't think it matters what AB wants

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

The most interesting thing about this post was that the writer suggests that the Steelers could expect a second or maybe a second and third for Brown but not the First that Dallas got for Amari because Amari is younger. Last time I checked, at the time of the trade Amari hadn't done anything in two years. Brown is on biggest streak a WR has ever had. Yes he's 30 and will be 31 by next year but he still has years to go and doesn't show signs of slowing down.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

After watching The Colts today, They really could use him and should take a shot at getting him.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    After watching The Colts today, They really could use him and should take a shot at getting him.
    They have enough cap room to grab both AB and Bell lol

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They have enough cap room to grab both AB and Bell lol
    Lol and could use both to get them over the hump to the big game.

Agreed. I mean idk about you, but it's blatantly obvious to me they need to give the farm to get AB, no matter what it costs! They would be unstoppable! So unstoppable in fact, the price isn't a concern.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They can have AB and Bell and have Frank Reich and Luck deal with that headache, while they have little salary cap to address their defense

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Lol and could use both to get them over the hump to the big game.
    Or they could waste a ton of money and build a culture of chronic underachievement

Speaking of chronic, isn't Bell one offense away from a season-long suspension?

Or they could waste a ton of money and build a culture of chronic underachievement

Speaking of chronic, isn't Bell one offense away from a season-long suspension?
    Not sure on any Bell suspension but think the underachieving has to do more with their coach.

AB straight up for Von Miller. Do it

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    AB straight up for Von Miller. Do it
    Wouldn't matter and Butler/Tomlin would have him running around chasing WR'S.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

AB straight up for Bradley Chubb. Do it
    edited

Really though. The 10th pick could be the next Big Ben or Troy Polamalu... or, it could be the next Jarvis Jones. Whereas, an established player has almost zero risk.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    edited

Really though. The 10th pick could be the next Big Ben or Troy Polamalu... or, it could be the next Jarvis Jones. Whereas, an established player has almost zero risk.
    Chubb would have to include at least a 2nd round pick as well. Not trading a 2nd year still unestablished player for a transcendent player straight up

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Chubb would have to include at least a 2nd round pick as well. Not trading a 2nd year still unestablished player for a transcendent player straight up
    Chubb broke Miller’s rookie sack record... and, Chubb is seven years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Chubb broke Miller’s rookie sack record... and, Chubb is seven years younger.
    I'd go for that, but they wouldn't. AB is turning 30

I'd go for that, but they wouldn't. AB is turning 30
    Age is age, true.

But, AB just had six years unlike ANY receiver in NFL history (even Rice). He’s in top physical condition, and has at least three years left at that level. The only asset that Amari Cooper (who garnered a R1 pick) has over AB is age. Cooper hasn’t had multiple seasons as good as AB’s.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

AB for Harris Jr and a second, then we can bundle 2 picks to either move up or have 2 1sts to get an ILB and another WR

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    AB for Harris Jr and a second, then we can bundle 2 picks to either move up or have 2 1sts to get an ILB and another WR
    Chris Harris, Jr. is the best slot CB in the NFL.

But... we have Hilton & Sutton at that position. What we need is a boundary CB.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Patrick Peterson and a second or Jalen Ramsey and a second. If you want the best WR since Rice you gotta pay. The talks of a third and a second is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Patrick Peterson and a second or Jalen Ramsey and a second. If you want the best WR since Rice you gotta pay. The talks of a third and a second is ridiculous.
    Most logical... my dream... exactly.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I could see Elway making a push for AB. I mean the Broncos ended in 3rd place in the division and KC is going to be very good for a long time

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Teegre, what would your thoughts be on JJ Watt and a second for AB? Instantly have one of the best D lines in the league.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I could see Elway making a push for AB. I mean the Broncos ended in 3rd place in the division and KC is going to be very good for a long time
    If Elway does ANYTHING but try and find an actually high-end QB, he is being foolish.

KC has theirs. Oakland either has theirs or will be getting one with their war-chest of picks. Chargers have theirs for 2-3 more years unless Rivers goes off the cliff due to age.

I know this won't be a popular take, but Elway should be TRADING assets (Harris Jr, Sanders, etc) for any and all draft capital he can get his hands on. Then spin that into the highest 2019 draft pick he can get and HOPE some QB is there that can put the Broncos back into the race.

A good young QB. A really good young RB. Miller and Chubb -- that might be enough to make something happen. I would like my chances with that better than Keenum and whatever.

Well... Elway = Great player, shitty GM

Like Matt Millen, being a great player doesn't mean good management skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If Elway does ANYTHING but try and find an actually high-end QB, he is being foolish.

KC has theirs. Oakland either has theirs or will be getting one with their war-chest of picks. Chargers have theirs for 2-3 more years unless Rivers goes off the cliff due to age.

I know this won't be a popular take, but Elway should be TRADING assets (Harris Jr, Sanders, etc) for any and all draft capital he can get his hands on. Then spin that into the highest 2019 draft pick he can get and HOPE some QB is there that can put the Broncos back into the race.

A good young QB. A really good young RB. Miller and Chubb -- that might be enough to make something happen. I would like my chances with that better than Keenum and whatever.

won't be the first time.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

49ers 2nd overall pick.
    Or their 2nd rounder this year and 1st rounders next year.
    And their kicker.

I'd want the 49ers 2nd pick this year, a later pick next year and Goodwin.

Jets....I'd want two firsts.

Broncos I'd want Chubb and a 2nd

GB I'd want their 1st this year, 3rd next year and Jaire Alexander.

If it's not comparable or close to that kinda value, I'd just keep ABand tell him to shut his mouth or sit on the sideline and watch his legacy burn.

But I can be a bitter, grudge holding ***hole