Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
Not really. First of all, consider how these shutdowns come about: Congress intentionally delays budgetary matters until the last second so they can create a crisis if the President objects to all the pork. They've been playing chicken with shutdowns for decades. Presidents have always buckled under the pressure because they're afraid of the effect on the next midterm, so it kinda surprised everyone when this one stuck to his guns.
Trump has shown himself to be very reasonable on this matter. He has attempted to negotiate and offered concessions. The Dems have flatly rejected all of it and offered nothing themselves.
Trump's motivation is simply doing what he campaigned on; building his wall. The Dems' motivation is 100% political; defy Trump, use the shutdown to score political points, and appease the far left fringe of their own base.

So no... I do not blame both sides equally. The Dems fermented this crisis and are wholly responsible for its continuation. All they have to do to end it is give the man his 5 Billion, but they have no interest in ending it. They want it to carry on as long as possible, since they believe all of the suffering benefits them politically.
1. I have voted Independent in all four Presidential elections I've been able to take part in. Sadly, not enough people are A: Tired of the two party tyranny and B: Not enough people are "WOKE" enough to stop voting for the lesser of two evils.

2. Well Said. (See Above)

3. I'm so tired of people shitting on Trump for trying to actually do something to improve this country while the last President wiped his ass with the constitution for eight years and people praise him. It's ludicrous. I'll give you that Trump needs to shut up online. and that he's personally an idiot. and that's he's an immoral business person. But the man knows how to get things done. I didn't vote for him, I voted Gary Johnson....but I'd much rather he win than Hitlery with her 47 member death toll following her around.

4. I'm terrified at what the options will be for office in 2020.