Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: DIVISIONAL ROUND

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: DIVISIONAL ROUND

Win or lose, Michael Thomas has been clutch all season.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    There is that too. But while I do think the Steelers have the talent to play with anyone, I don't think they are so much more talented than any of the teams playing this weekend. I think people consistently over rate the Steelers talent and under rate the rest of the league.
    True. I started the season thinking we were the most talented offense in the league. But when you watch our offense it just doesn't look good. It's a lot of broken plays for big gains. I guess because those stick in my mind I don't see alot of 10 play drives where the intended option works.

But yes we constantly think our players are better, except on defense where we think they suck which I think is alittle of both talent and coaching

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Yet another phantom holding call to keep a drive alive. The perfect NFL fixer penalty.
    Better than the obvious holding on TE hill even showed a replay. hands outside bennets shoulder pads pulling him sideways. No call

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Big 3rd down here.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't get running the ball there

- - - Updated - - -

Watch the Eagles come back here

That's a huge missed FG too. Leaves the door wide open. Great ending to a very good game looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Someone pointed to innovation earlier. It's a funny thing. The Chargers look like geniuses for their plan against Lamar Jackson. One week later they looked poorly prepared and woefully unable to adjust. So which is it?

I suspect the NFL is just brutally hard and they are a decent staff that had a bad day.
    I honestly thought the whole chargers team looked wore down from the very start. Two big games on the opposite coast back to back weeks

Merry Christmas

Game over

Merry Christmas

At the end of the day Foles is a back up QB for a reason

Didn't see the play only the result. Bad assumption
    Last edited by NCSteeler; 01-13-2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: My dumbass
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That's just awful. Feel bad for 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Why the heck did they run a play before the 2 minute warning?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    At the end of the day Foles is a back up QB for a reason

What? That was a perfect pass dropped by his receiver. 100% on #17, you have to catch that ball.

Why the heck did they run a play before the 2 minute warning?

- - - Updated - - -

What? That was a perfect pass dropped by his receiver. !00% on #17. You have to catch that ball.
    Sorry didn't see the play just the result as they went to commercial. Damn. But he has missed some open throws today.

Merry Christmas

Alshon Jeffrey bails out Saints kicker

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Eagles proved the Saints aren't unbeatable.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Go Chiefs!!! ...and/or... Go NFC!!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Eagles proved the Saints aren't unbeatable.
    Steelers proved that 3 weeks ago

Malcolm Jenkins was the first to greet Brees after that last snap.

Only the 2nd time since 2004 the home team swept the divisional round and we get 2 1 vs 2 matchups in the championship game

Saints/Rams vs Chiefs/Patriots for the world. Personally, I'm hoping for Saints vs Chiefs. 2000 total yards of offense.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just want the Chiefs to get in...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Honestly I see a coaching talent gap. These teams are getting by through innovation. Reinventing each week. Chargers game plan against Ravens was totally out of character for them a defense no one ran in the league all year. Then the cheater found a way to take what looked like a very average defense all year look like one of the best in the league.

That’s the point. Teams with less are doing much more...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Just want the Chiefs to get in...lol
    100%

Of the final 4 teams, which one honestly looks like the team that doesn't belong there? I see 4 good football teams. The Steelers beat the Pats, should have won the Saints game, got handled by the Chiefs, and didn't get a shot at the Rams. I would say we are good enough to have been in this mix this year. Just didn't happen. It's the why that's causing all the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Does nobody want to see the Pats get dominated Bama style in the SB? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Steelers proved that 3 weeks ago
    Yup!

Merry Christmas

This championship emphasizes the importance of coaching. All 4 teams are here today because of coaching

Chiefs: Andy Reid may be a playoff choker but he has done a heck of a job with Patrick Mahomes. A guy who came into the NFL as a raw unfinished product from a conference that frankly doesn't prepare QBs well for the NFL (hence the track record of Big 12 QBs in the NFL) and in his 2nd year and 1st year as a starter has turned him into the NFL MVP and a guy who threw for 50 TDs. Andy Reid deserves all the credit for molding Patrick Mahomes into an unstoppable force

Rams: I know this has already been discussed but McVay must be given a lot of credit for turning an irrelevant frachise for over a decade into one of the league's best, a team one win away from the Super Bowl. He has turned Jared Goff from potentially a major bust into a pro bowler. Then the Rams add Ndamakung Suh, Brandin Cooks, Aqib Talib, and Marcus Peters among others. This could have blown up in the Rams faces and with an average coach it would have. But McVay has kept the drama to a minium and had everyone coalesce into a Super Bowl contending team. Wade Phillips also deserves credit for improving the defense and adding a veteran presence

Patriots: Dog the guy all you want, Bellichick faces an ever changing roster seemingly every year and keeps winning every single year. This year Bellichick had a largely talent starved roster, faced key free agent losses, had a QB who started to show signs of aging, and faced Gronk being slowed down and losing Josh Gordon to suspension yet he has the Pats back in the AFC Championship game. With an average coach the Pats go 5-11. Today was impressive as the Chargers were a more talented team yet the Pats dominated them because Bellichick routinely outschemes his opponent and has his team playing more prepared.

Saints: Payton continues to have the offense with Drew Brees humming and for helping to create an offense that can with both passing and running. But the Saints don't win today without Payton's aggressive calls when they were down double digits working today (the fake punt and the 4th down gamble for the TD). Also Dennis Allen the DC deserves credit for turning a defense that was terrible for a few years into a defense that can make plays necessary to win (and the Saints don't win without the defense). Sheldon Rankins goes down and the Saints still hold Philly to 14 points

Coaching has proven the big difference when you compare the 4 teams still alive as opposed to a team like the Steelers who miss the playoffs despite one of the most talented offensive rosters, the Texans who bow out meekly in the wildcard round despite a franchise QB, a top flight WR, and an elite pass rush, and the Vikings who go from Case Keenum to Kirk Cousins yet can't make the playoffs after an NFC Championship appearance the previous year among others

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yes come on KC defeat the evil empire! I don't want to watch another SB with the cheats in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Of the final 4 teams, which one honestly looks like the team that doesn't belong there? I see 4 good football teams. The Steelers beat the Pats, should have won the Saints game, got handled by the Chiefs, and didn't get a shot at the Rams. I would say we are good enough to have been in this mix this year. Just didn't happen. It's the why that's causing all the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Does nobody want to see the Pats get dominated Bama style in the SB? Just asking.
    They’re good enough to be there amongst those final four. They were competitive with the Chiefs...I wouldn’t say they got handled. With a proper attitude and good coaching, this team should be playing next weekend.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Mahomes is the next great QB in the NFL. Next weekend will be the official changing of the guard. The Chiefs will win, and convincingly. Before it's all said and done, I think this kid will win 3-4 more championships. He's already that good, and barring injury will be an alltime great. Dude's gonna single handedly save Andy Reid's career as a known playoff choker

To be fair, I'm not sure Cowher would have won anything if Ben didn't get drafted. As a matter of fact, he wouldn't have. QB's matter.

NE is weak on the road this year and has historically been downright terrible at Arrowhead. They beat an overhyped Chargers team that got PLENTY of help from the refs this season (they really should have been 9-7). Today is what happens when a team with a lot of help from the refs, runs into a team that always gets the calls. Sorry Chargers but your good fortune from the refs ran out today lmao

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

From Peter King this morning

How amazing is this: The Ram running back job might be turning into a job share, just 27 days after C.J. Anderson was signed as injury insurance for Todd Gurley. Gurley played 45 snaps Saturday night, Anderson 34. Gurley: 18 touches. Anderson: 23.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?cid=nbcsports

So for a 4 year $57 million contract ($45 million guaranteed) you get a RB who missed the end of the regular season with a knee injury and is now job sharing with a player waived by the Raiders and Panthers in 2018.

In nine games this year before signing with the Rams, Anderson had 24 carries for 104 yards, total. In three games since joining L.A.:

• 20 carries, 167 yards against the Cardinals.
    • 23 carries, 132 yards against the Niners.
    • 23 carries, 123 yards against the Cowboys.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/14/di...er-murray-mmqb

Maybe put some of those $$$ spent on a high profile RB into your offensive line?

Doubtful CJ Anderson's stats will be a talking point raised by Bell's agent during his upcoming contract negotiations

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    From Peter King this morning

How amazing is this: The Ram running back job might be turning into a job share, just 27 days after C.J. Anderson was signed as injury insurance for Todd Gurley. Gurley played 45 snaps Saturday night, Anderson 34. Gurley: 18 touches. Anderson: 23.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?cid=nbcsports

So for a 4 year $57 million contract ($45 million guaranteed) you get a RB who missed the end of the regular season with a knee injury and is now job sharing with a player waived by the Raiders and Panthers in 2018.

In nine games this year before signing with the Rams, Anderson had 24 carries for 104 yards, total. In three games since joining L.A.:

• 20 carries, 167 yards against the Cardinals.
    • 23 carries, 132 yards against the Niners.
    • 23 carries, 123 yards against the Cowboys.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/14/di...er-murray-mmqb

Maybe put some of those $$$ spent on a high profile RB into your offensive line?

Doubtful CJ Anderson's stats will be a talking point raised by Bell's agent during his upcoming contract negotiations
    Interesting how all 4 winning teams from this past weekend committed to running the football. They all rushed the football at least 31 times in a game and gained at least 137 yards or more.

Kind of shows that winning football is not one dimensional football like Randy Fichnter likes to call games.