Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: DIVISIONAL ROUND

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: DIVISIONAL ROUND

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Coaching definitely has something to do with it. Jeff Fisher had Goff, Gurley, and Donald and with Fisher Goff looked like the NFL's biggest draft bust since Jamarcus Russell, Gurley was regressing, and Donald's talents went totally to waste.You don't go from scoring 224 points one year to scoring 478 points the next year with a new coach and 527 points the following year and not have coaching play a role
    I don't think you quite understood the question. He's definitely a better coach than Fisher was.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Brees keeps trying to get the ball to Ginn but he’s rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Question that was brought up at work last week. Is McVay really that great of a coach, or does he just have dominant players? Count how many former 1st round draft picks are on that team right now.
    I'd say he's a better coach

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...e-rams-culture

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Nice call by Payton to go for it and good execution. Saints cut the Eagles lead to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

14-7 now, Saints are slowly righting the ship.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Question that was brought up at work last week. Is McVay really that great of a coach, or does he just have dominant players? Count how many former 1st round draft picks are on that team right now.
    He has a LOT of players on rookie contracts... a la Seattle during the Legion of Boom days. This year is their window.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Who was saying the Chargers are the most "complete" team in the AFC?

Their defense looks like shit. Again, looking like the Galactic Empire will be in yet another AFC Title game.
    So far all the traveling teams looked wore out and all the bye week teams look like they have fresh legs

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post

Can we now stop hearing about Philip Rivers? The guy chokes constantly.
    Looked to me like his Oline choked. But he doesn't have Ben's scramble skills

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They’ve taken all the chance out of the insides kick...it rather blows more than it used to...
    The colts concept seemed great to me. Pick a guy and drill him hoping it bounces off of him

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    They’re pretty talented, IMO. They were missing Jernigan. Once he returned, Cox was freed up to wreak havoc.
    Cox went out... and the hole where he “would have been” is gaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The lack of pass rush shown by the losing teams this weekend is almost certainly why Butler still has a job.
    They all looked gassed to me.

Merry Christmas

Just saw a disgusting stat. Cheatriots 8th straight champ game. Damn. The hoodie has got to be good, even though I'll always think he's cheating

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I'm not seeing teams left that the Steelers have a huge talent gap on.
    Honestly I see a coaching talent gap. These teams are getting by through innovation. Reinventing each week. Chargers game plan against Ravens was totally out of character for them a defense no one ran in the league all year. Then the cheater found a way to take what looked like a very average defense all year look like one of the best in the league.

Merry Christmas

I'd swap him for Tomlin and throw in our first second and third pick

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Honestly I see a coaching talent gap. These teams are getting by through innovation. Reinventing each week. Chargers game plan against Ravens was totally out of character for them a defense no one ran in the league all year. Then the cheater found a way to take what looked like a very average defense all year look like one of the best in the league.

There is that too. But while I do think the Steelers have the talent to play with anyone, I don't think they are so much more talented than any of the teams playing this weekend. I think people consistently over rate the Steelers talent and under rate the rest of the league.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    He has a LOT of players on rookie contracts... a la Seattle during the Legion of Boom days. This year is their window.
    They better hope breaking the bank for Gurley when it was not even necessary to do his new deal yet was the right move

A lot of what the Rams are doing to push for success this year is to create excitement to sell PSLs for the new stadium that opens in 2020. Need that cash flow

It’s a business

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

That was a great play call by the Eagles and well executed. Vonn Bell just made the perfect play to break it up. Great game so far.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yet another phantom holding call to keep a drive alive. The perfect NFL fixer penalty.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Someone pointed to innovation earlier. It's a funny thing. The Chargers look like geniuses for their plan against Lamar Jackson. One week later they looked poorly prepared and woefully unable to adjust. So which is it?

I suspect the NFL is just brutally hard and they are a decent staff that had a bad day.

A TD called back for a hold too.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Let me guess, Carr and 2 1st round picks for Foles and the Eagles 1st rounder? That would be a tough trade to turn down.
    I don't know. Carr and whatever picks is fine with me. I've had enough of Carr.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't think Foles would succeed with the Raiders though

HUH! No flags on consecutive plays. What's that all about?

- - - Updated - - -

An 11:29 scoring drive.

4th Quarter. Here we GO! This has been a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    They better hope breaking the bank for Gurley when it was not even necessary to do his new deal yet was the right move

A lot of what the Rams are doing to push for success this year is to create excitement to sell PSLs for the new stadium that opens in 2020. Need that cash flow

It’s a business
    100%

The Padres did this in 1997. Stacked up there roster, went to the Worls Series, got a stadium deal, sold out that new stadium... and scrapped the entire roster.

How the fuck is that not pass interference after the shit they called on Joe Haden?

Fat lady warming up ...

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Eagles can't do squat on offense. Pedersen needs to try something new before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Eagles can't do squat on offense. Pedersen needs to try something new before it's too late.
    Foles just seems unwilling to challenge tight coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    NO! I'm 1 game away from going 4-0 this week after going 0-4 last week in picking the games. I just want some sunshine for a minute. LOL