Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Puts Blame On Brown And Tomlin; Believes AB Will Be Traded

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Emmanuel Sanders Puts Blame On Brown And Tomlin; Believes AB Will Be Traded

Former Pittsburgh Steelers’ wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders weighed in with his thoughts on the Antonio Brown drama for NFL Game Day on NFL Network Saturday afternoon. His opinion probably closes matches with the consensus. Brown shoulders plenty of the blame for his actions, Mike Tomlin helped enable those actions, and AB will eventually be traded.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/em...ill-be-traded/

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Emmanuel Sanders Puts Blame On Brown And Tomlin; Believes AB Will Be Traded

This never would have happened if Peyton Manning was the QB

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    What?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    What?
    A reference to something sanders said.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    What?
    This from 2014 when Sanders joined the Broncos

Ben Roethlisberger is "disappointed" that he has yet to hear from former teammate Emmanuel Sanders, who called Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning a "far better leader" than the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback a couple of weeks ago and has since stood by his comments.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...denver-broncos

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

This from 2014 when Sanders joined the Broncos

Ben Roethlisberger is "disappointed" that he has yet to hear from former teammate Emmanuel Sanders, who called Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning a "far better leader" than the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback a couple of weeks ago and has since stood by his comments.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...denver-broncos
    Just watched Sanders on NFLN. He referenced this. I have to give him props for sticking to his original statement. Pretty much said that Ben's an a-hole. I am a big Ben supporter, but I can't help but he's the common denominator in all of these issues. Tomlin needed to crack down, but I don't envy Tomlin at all. Your Hof QB really needs to shut the fuck up, but in doing so, you'll probably piss him off into retirement. I do believe that Ben can be real petty when he's ticked off.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Sanders was always a good guy imo, people trashed him here because he couldn't catch, but he sure as hell can catch in Denver.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, at around the 8 minute mark the panel talks about all the comments of the "leader" on his radio show. "AB needs to come flatter on that route", "I would have thrown it all 4 times to JuJu", "blaming the rookie WR James Washington". Then Sanders mentions how he and Mike Wallace had discussions of what they would do if Ben had called them out in the media. Then further he mentions why he made the comments that Manning was a better leader than Ben.

Its pretty clear that AB cant be bailing on his teammates the final week of the season. AB cant expect to have his agent call the head coach and tell him he is ready to play on Sunday. Ben doesnt do anything positive by calling out his teammates in the media and it causes friction within the team.

The Steelers lost leadership in the locker room when guys like Ward, Bettis, Farrior, Clark, Keisel, Deebo moved on. When leadership defaulted to Ben and not many others, the locker room became a group of individuals instead of a really good team.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, at around the 8 minute mark the panel talks about all the comments of the "leader" on his radio show. "AB needs to come flatter on that route", "I would have thrown it all 4 times to JuJu", "blaming the rookie WR James Washington". Then Sanders mentions how he and Mike Wallace had discussions of what they would do if Ben had called them out in the media. Then further he mentions why he made the comments that Manning was a better leader than Ben.

Its pretty clear that AB cant be bailing on his teammates the final week of the season. AB cant expect to have his agent call the head coach and tell him he is ready to play on Sunday. Ben doesnt do anything positive by calling out his teammates in the media and it causes friction within the team.

The Steelers lost leadership in the locker room when guys like Ward, Bettis, Farrior, Clark, Keisel, Deebo moved on. When leadership defaulted to Ben and not many others, the locker room became a group of individuals instead of a really good team.
    Or, they didn't have that experience that bonded them as a team and from which they could move forward. Several older players said they had that experience in 2004 when they were playing in Miami and the hurricane came through. https://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/21/s...r-bonding.html

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

he explains why he made that comment if you listen to the audio ...

sounds to me like AB is 100% at fault ( like most of us assumed ) BUT ...... Ben is an issue as well and may have been the fuse to set off the ticking A.Bomb

maybe resign Ben and put his ass on the trade block as well ...

yeah yeah yeah I know what life before Ben was like , and life before and after terry ( I lived it )

BUT I also see what life with a locker room full of drama is like and how often this team falls short of its potential ...

what could we do with a couple first round picks on top of the one we already possess ?????

it might be time to consider it
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    he explains why he made that comment if you listen to the audio ...

sounds to me like AB is 100% at fault ( like most of us assumed ) BUT ...... Ben is an issue as well and may have been the fuse to set off the ticking A.Bomb

maybe resign Ben and put his ass on the trade block as well ...

yeah yeah yeah I know what life before Ben was like , and life before and after terry ( I lived it )

BUT I also see what life with a locker room full of drama is like and how often this team falls short of its potential ...

what could we do with a couple first round picks on top of the one we already possess ?????

it might be time to consider it
    So are you saying trade AB AND Ben for 1st round draft picks? I’m curious how much traction this idea gets.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    So are you saying trade AB AND Ben for 1st round draft picks? I’m curious how much traction this idea gets.
    probably none .... but that does not mean it would not be the most prudent thing to do for a culture change and acquisition of talent perspective and long term benefit to the team ...

most fans would hate the idea

probably none .... but that does not mean it would not be the most prudent thing to do for a culture change and acquisition of talent perspective and long term benefit to the team ...

I understand your reasoning. I just can’t get behind trading away 2 HoF players for the opportunity to draft somebody I can hope turns out to not be a bust. This may get rid of ‘drama’ but is not a winning formula for how to build a championship team. Now the Bryant trade was a thing of beauty.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If you want a culture change start with Tomlin!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If you want a culture change start with Tomlin!
    I am all for that too ... have been ....

blow the thing up , the only 2 coaches I wanted to keep are the two of whom are likely leaving town ( 1 is , 1 rumored to be )

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

When leadership defaulted to Ben and not many others, the locker room became a group of individuals instead of a really good team.
    Bingo. I think Ben is a huge part of this problem with Brown and Tomlin has done nothing to squash it over the years. Being a HoF QB doesn't automatically make you a leader. He seemingly has very little leadership ability. A leader inspires and lifts people up. Ben doesn't appear to do that much.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I fully agree Ben needs to keep his comments to the locker room and meeting rooms. He does no one any food going on the radio and talking bad about his team mates. I can't believe someone like keisel hasn't called him and told him as much.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

It would at a minimum set a precedent in the locker room that NO ONE is above the team. You play as one or you play somewhere else.

I've been saying for about three years now that I appreciate what the Killer B's mean to this team but I'm tired of the drama and ready to move on. It's one of the reasons I wanted them to draft Mason Rudolph in the first round last year. Like you, I remember the Past and understand that a rookie or second year guy is not likely to play like Mahommes but if it gives you the potential to build something that Drama is repeatedly tearing apart now..... then maybe it's worth the risk.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Bingo. I think Ben is a huge part of this problem with Brown and Tomlin has done nothing to squash it over the years. Being a HoF QB doesn't automatically make you a leader. He seemingly has very little leadership ability. A leader inspires and lifts people up. Ben doesn't appear to do that much.
    Agreed, Ben is a HOF QB, but he doesn't lift players around him to play at a higher level, he seems to enjoy putting them down to make himself feel better about his declining skills at the end of his career.

We lived thru the Mark Malone, Brister, Graham, Tomczak, Stewart, O'Donnell, Maddox era's and remained Steeler fans. Reality is that Ben has maybe 2 seasons left and the Steelers will rebuild again....I'll still be a Steeler fan long after the leadership transitions to guys like Watt, JuJu, Rudolph, Conner, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I fully agree Ben needs to keep his comments to the locker room and meeting rooms. He does no one any food going on the radio and talking bad about his team mates. I can't believe someone like keisel hasn't called him and told him as much.

Agreed, I find it hard to believe that some of his real friends haven't called him to tell him to not throw his teammates under the bus in the media. Or does he keep in touch with any of those guys from past teams?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Agreed, Ben is a HOF QB, but he doesn't lift players around him to play at a higher level, he seems to enjoy putting them down to make himself feel better about his declining skills at the end of his career.

We lived thru the Mark Malone, Brister, Graham, Tomczak, Stewart, O'Donnell, Maddox era's and remained Steeler fans. Reality is that Ben has maybe 2 seasons left and the Steelers will rebuild again....I'll still be a Steeler fan long after the leadership transitions to guys like Watt, JuJu, Rudolph, Conner, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, I find it hard to believe that some of his real friends haven't called him to tell him to not throw his teammates under the bus in the media. Or does he keep in touch with any of those guys from past teams?
    Shsh and you guys are going to get a big lecture from Ben supports tomorrow.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

As for AB from what I heard is Ben centered him out at walk through and thew the ball at him in the ground. AB gets pissed and walks off saying he is done! Later Tomlin disciplines AB saying he won't play in the last game. AB shows up for the game in street clothes. Everyone is upset AB left at halftime even though he wouldn't be playing in the game no matter what. Is that fairly accurate ?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    As for AB from what I heard is Ben centered him out at walk through and thew the ball at him in the ground. AB gets pissed and walks off saying he is done! Later Tomlin disciplines AB saying he won't play in the last game. AB shows up for the game in street clothes. Everyone is upset AB left at halftime even though he wouldn't be playing in the game no matter what. Is that fairly accurate ?
    That’s what I gather. A guy with that size ego, talent and paycheck has to be handled differently than a guy like Justin Hunter walking off the field. It’s just how it is and Tomlin can’t take sides, which was reported that he sided with Ben. As a head coach, you have to be diplomatic and make nice with all parties...in a case like this...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Dupree said the other day that the current offense and defense do not discuss with each other what is going on within the other unit. Doubtful Ben is going to listen to former members of the defense and it is well known that Ben & Ward did not get along. That leaves Bettis & Faneca - my guess is Ben is not going to take their advice.

This is a problem within the offense (I do not recall Ben going after the defense in public). Ben is close with his OL so it probably comes down to Pouncey (who Ben keeps claiming is in his band of brothers), DeCastro (who clearly is fed up with the drama) or Foster (as he heads out the door) to tell Ben his style of “leadership” is resented and needs to change.

An easy way for Ben to respond, without admitting he has done anything wrong would be to blame the media (fake news!) for taking his Tuesday morning radio comments out of context and that to prevent the media from creating distractions he selflessly will dump the radio appearances next season

Addressing the bigger problem of getting Ben to tone down his gunslinger persona is another matter. In the Chiefs game yesterday Collinsworth said Mahomes recognized he needed to dial back taking chances after his 3 INT game against the Rams (in which Mahomes threw 6 TD passes). The Ben response to questions about dumb INTs is that he is a gunslinger. That is going to be tough to change at this stage of Ben’s career.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Emmanuel Sanders Puts Blame On Brown And Tomlin; Believes AB Will Be Traded

Ben is gong to have to learn from this and if he and Tomlin are indeed the reason AB is so pissed off, they both are going to have to make amends with AB (as is AB with them and the team). Ben still has a lot of maturing to do both on field and off and if no one (Including Tomlin or Fichtner) wants to help push him in that direction, then the problems on field and off field will continue.

Watching the games this past season and watching some multiple times, there’s a lot of “Haley issues” that are still on the field. Haley is gone. Ben is still here. I love Ben, but he’s definitely got a downside...most which is brought about by poor decisions on field and lack of common sense and maturity off field.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Maybe Emmanual Sanders should keep HIS mouth shut and worry about his own team.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

#studyfilm

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Far as I can tell from media reports and Ben's website him and kiesel are still close

Merry Christmas

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Tomlin has turned the team into a circus. AB is tired of it. AB wants the ball more, but because the team is such a mess he is frustrated. Tomlin coaches by platitude behind dark sunglasses. Vince Lombardi would not put him on his staff.
    All Defense!

Dupree said the other day that the current offense and defense do not discuss with each other what is going on within the other unit. Doubtful Ben is going to listen to former members of the defense and it is well known that Ben & Ward did not get along. That leaves Bettis & Faneca - my guess is Ben is not going to take their advice.

This is a problem within the offense (I do not recall Ben going after the defense in public). Ben is close with his OL so it probably comes down to Pouncey (who Ben keeps claiming is in his band of brothers), DeCastro (who clearly is fed up with the drama) or Foster (as he heads out the door) to tell Ben his style of “leadership” is resented and needs to change.

An easy way for Ben to respond, without admitting he has done anything wrong would be to blame the media (fake news!) for taking his Tuesday morning radio comments out of context and that to prevent the media from creating distractions he selflessly will dump the radio appearances next season

Addressing the bigger problem of getting Ben to tone down his gunslinger persona is another matter. In the Chiefs game yesterday Collinsworth said Mahomes recognized he needed to dial back taking chances after his 3 INT game against the Rams (in which Mahomes threw 6 TD passes). The Ben response to questions about dumb INTs is that he is a gunslinger. That is going to be tough to change at this stage of Ben’s career.
    Difference being Mahommes is a second year player first year starting and his coaches still coach him and tell him to get his shit straight. Does anyone think there is a coach in Pittsburgh getting on Ben's case?

Merry Christmas