Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art Rooney II Says It’s ‘Hard To Envision’ Antonio Brown Being On Team Come Training Camp

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Art Rooney II Says It’s ‘Hard To Envision’ Antonio Brown Being On Team Come Training Camp

Rooney doesn't seem concerned about the dead money. Maybe they are getting some good hits on the trade hook!

It’s starting to sound more and more like Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown might have played his last game with the organization.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/ar...training-camp/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney II Says It’s ‘Hard To Envision’ Antonio Brown Being On Team Come Training Camp

Why couldn't he say "It's hard to envision Keith Butler and Danny Smith on the staff come training camp"??????????????

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney II Says It’s ‘Hard To Envision’ Antonio Brown Being On Team Come Training Camp

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Art II starting to show he is still breathing , but is this enough ???
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Art II starting to show he is still breathing but is this enough ???
    Could be a smoke screen for Tomlin so he can make it to the bunker.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Nobody in official capacity with the Steelers has spoken with the seven-time Pro Bowl receiver since he left Heinz Field shortly after the Dec. 30 game against the Bengals began.

He has refused to return repeated phone calls from Rooney and coach Mike Tomlin.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Nobody in official capacity with the Steelers has spoken with the seven-time Pro Bowl receiver since he left Heinz Field shortly after the Dec. 30 game against the Bengals began.

He has refused to return repeated phone calls from Rooney and coach Mike Tomlin.

That's about all you need to know . Something a child would do

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Buffalo, give the Steelers your 9th overall pick for AB.

I dream of landing both Devin White and Deandre Baker.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Buffalo, give the Steelers your 9th overall pick for AB.

I dream of landing both Devin White and Deandre Baker.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ever told AB he dresses Horribly for a rich man

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

From unknown 6th round draft pick, to meteoric rise to fame, to out of Pittsburgh.

The rise and fall of Antonio Brown is one for ages to come.

Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree told ESPN that the Steelers have "family issues" that appear to revolve around Brown and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who have combined to produce six consecutive 100-catch seasons for Brown. Roethlisberger said on his end-of-season radio appearance with 93.7 the Fan Pittsburgh that he wants Brown to stay and had a good conversation with the receiver in Week 17.
    "We don't really know what's going on, we just know [Brown and Roethlisberger] are heated at each other," Dupree said. "It's not Coach Tomlin, it's two grown men, two free players butting heads. ... We have to learn how to be together [as a team]. We have to put it in the open and stop hiding."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rown-team-camp

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

AB's latest instagram post:

ab
    Good Business #Boomin

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Actually, this is the most recent video of AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Actually, this is the most recent video of AB.

I prefer this one:

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Does not return his calls but trolls AJRII via Instagram

When it comes to AB and the Steelers, this description of Keith Olbermann leaving ESPN fits - "He didn't burn bridges here, he napalmed them."

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What is the date of this photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Might be when he signed his money contract.

As Shoes stated above, when his last contract deal was announced in February 2017

Well it's Uncle Tom!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I think he's bipolar.

I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I think he's bipolar.

I'm serious.
    he may be

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I still don't understand what on earth this could possibly be about. All the possibilities are stupid as fuck.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I still don't understand what on earth this could possibly be about. All the possibilities are stupid as fuck.
    I do not think any of us have ever mistaken AB to be the smartest man in the room once we heard him speak ......

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    That was intellectually put.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Although it's not a laughing matter.....CTE? #burfictsrevenge

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

While I certainly do understand the frustration from the fans and population in general, the bottom line football-wise is that the Steelers are simply better with AB on the field for us. Taking AB out of the lineup for next season and it currently leaves us with JuJu, Washington, and those 2 recent reserve/futures signings. Who am I leaving out that won’t have to be re-signed? A PS WR or two maybe? Add in a possible draft pick.

Switzer, Rogers, Hunter, and DHB are all on the FA list right? So, I’m thinking I can’t see AB not being in the mix once TC starts back up.

While I certainly do understand the frustration from the fans and population in general, the bottom line football-wise is that the Steelers are simply better with AB on the field for us.
    As someone posted in another thread, the Lakers were better off with Kobe & Shaq together and that had to be blown up, as was the case with Kyrie Irving and LeBron.

At some point the animosity requires a change of scenery for someone. For the Steelers to keep AB it will require either AB not bringing a decent return in a trade and/or AB being contrite to AJRII, Tomlin and his teammates.

The probability of AB apologizing along with not acting out again after his actions during 2018 is at best highly doubtful. So it probably will come down to whether the Steelers get lowballed in trade talks due to AB’s reputation, the impression the Steelers are conducting a fire sale, and his skills most likely declining measurably during the next few seasons for any team that takes him onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    As someone posted in another thread, the Lakers were better off with Kobe & Shaq together and that had to be blown up, as was the case with Kyrie Irving and LeBron.

At some point the animosity requires a change of scenery for someone. For the Steelers to keep AB it will require either AB not bringing a decent return in a trade and/or AB being contrite to AJRII, Tomlin and his teammates.

The probability of AB apologizing along with not acting out again after his actions during 2018 is at best highly doubtful. So it probably will come down to whether the Steelers get lowballed in trade talks due to AB’s reputation, the impression the Steelers are conducting a fire sale, and his skills most likely declining measurably during the next few seasons for any team that takes him onboard.
    True. But I am only talking about right now and on the football field. The Steelers did not miss the playoffs because of AB acting out. More likely AB is acting out because the Steelers didn’t have the division locked up in week 14. I don’t think it is 2 players that just simply cannot get along either. This team is better with AB part of this offense.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

True. But I am only talking about right now and on the football field. The Steelers did not miss the playoffs because of AB acting out. More likely AB is acting out because the Steelers didn’t have the division locked up in week 14. I don’t think it is 2 players that just simply cannot get along either. This team is better with AB part of this offense.
    I am not so sure about that. I get the feeling that AB wants the ball weather he is open and able to make the play or not. I think in order to appease him there were several times when Ben tried forcing the ball to AB and they just didn't connect. IMHO it seemed that Brown was either not trying as hard as he had in the past or simply has declining skills, not all the time but enough times that it makes you wonder what is going on. Also the fact that this happened right around the time that Ju Ju was named MVP tells me that Brown was pouting and maybe that pouting is what caused this whole situation to explode.

While I certainly do understand the frustration from the fans and population in general, the bottom line football-wise is that the Steelers are simply better with AB on the field for us. Taking AB out of the lineup for next season and it currently leaves us with JuJu, Washington, and those 2 recent reserve/futures signings. Who am I leaving out that won’t have to be re-signed? A PS WR or two maybe? Add in a possible draft pick.

Switzer, Rogers, Hunter, and DHB are all on the FA list right? So, I’m thinking I can’t see AB not being in the mix once TC starts back up.

I think the bottom line is what AJRII said "It’s ‘Hard To Envision’ Antonio Brown Being On Team Come Training Camp" You can't trust him. No one wanted to take AB out of the lineup, he took himself out and how do we know it won't happen again? I do think it's possible he could be back with the team with a "surface mending". This issue has run too deep and long for real healing IMO. I think the Steelers will at least see what they can't get for him via trade. If AJRII won't be boxed in by the 20 plus mil, I don't think he's concerned about who will replace AB. The overall lockerroom healthy and unity is more important than AB.