Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would be your all-time Steelers backfield?

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: What would be your all-time Steelers backfield?

Bradshaw, Harris, Bettis.

Backups: BR, Hoge, Foster.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Jerk!

In all honesty, I think he would have been great alongside Bettis or Harris or even Bell. A change of pace back that once a team got used to the pounding or having to be patient, you drop Parker in there and wave goodbye because they're just not catching him. His style of ball just isn't built for being a starter. When speed is the top tool in your kit, you're only going to last so long.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

At RB... how about Kordell. Really.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Joe Gilliam, Legarrette Blount, and Karlos Williams. Not much in the way of production, but their house parties would be legendary.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Bradshaw, Bettis and Franco

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Joe Gilliam, Legarrette Blount, and Karlos Williams. Not much in the way of production, but their house parties would be legendary.
    With Deebo and Greg Lloyd working the door so they don't let in any rif raff!

Honestly, I know there were some great names like Johnny U that were thru the building and Ben is gonna have all the passing records and Bettis a lot of the rushing records, but considering the guys that played as Steelers and if you said for one season gimme your top backfield....

Bradshaw, Franco and Bell.

Sure Bell is leaving, but he was a better runner and receiver than Bettis. I don't think there was ever a time where I could say that Bettis was a top 5 player in the NFL, or somebody that would ever be a mismatch to have a LB on him in pass coverage.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Without Bam Morris, it’s a child party...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ben, Jerome Bettis, Troy Polamalu. Yeah Troy. He lined up as RB in the victory formation so that has to count, right? RIGHT?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Without Bam Morris, it’s a child party...
    Speaking of drugs & great players, that party/game would definitely have to be played against the 90s Cowboys.

#NateNewton
    #MichaelIrvin
    #hookers&blow&truckloadsofweed