Thread: Peter King: ‘I’ve Heard That Antonio Brown Does Not Want To Be Traded’

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Peter King: ‘I’ve Heard That Antonio Brown Does Not Want To Be Traded’

Like it or not, we’re probably going to be talking about Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown for most of the offseason and at least until the start of the new league in March. In short, we’re all going to have suffer through every major media sports talk show discussing Brown’s immediate future with the Steelers and listen to the higher-profile media types give their educated guesses on if the wide receiver will remain in Pittsburgh past the start of the new league.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/pe...-to-be-traded/

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Peter King: ‘I’ve Heard That Antonio Brown Does Not Want To Be Traded’

Shakespeare probably has something to say about the whole situation.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Probably just a case of players being frustrated and the media grabbing a story and inflating it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

King’s long response seems to have him on both sides of the fence

Imagine that

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I love how all theses stories are versions of the same thing. Fence straddling for the most part. And then to top it off the shrill calls for “something MUST be done”. Funny how no one has any idea what that something is. All the articles, all the Twitter takes, all the message board postings, all the studio yelling programs and not a single one has a tangible example, ideal, or model of what isn’t being done that should be done.

Just vague platitudes and cliches so everyone can read it, hear it, or watch it and nod along sagely feeling like they to are someone who knows things.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

And it is even that hard to do.

1. AB and his agent are told that before anything else happens he has to come in and sit down with the owner.
    2. Prior to that meeting Rooney, Tomlin, and Colbert have a closed door meeting where everything each of them knows about AB and his behavior and performance is put on the table in exacting detail. Tomlin outlines what he sees as the path forward with AB and the path without. Colbert does same.
    3. Rooney then decides what he needs to hear/see from AB.
    4. AB either does or doesnt like the conditions set out for him by the team via the owner and HC.
    5. Specific details are kept in house and not divulged. All questions are met with “AB is/is not a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has/has not conducted himself by the guidelines set out for him by the franchise and overseen by the coaching staff. All other issues are the concern of individuals and not part of the team or coaching staff’s concerns with managing our roster and working to win football games.”

But, instead, Peter King vomits out a bunch of nonsense that only serves the purpose to prop up King as some sort of moral authority on the NFL and justify his Pro Bowl vote.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Why are we supposed to care anymore? Enough of the drama and win some playoff games for a change.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Peter King: ‘I’ve Heard That Antonio Brown Does Not Want To Be Traded’

Because it’s all just speculation no matter what he said, she said, they said, we said. No one will ever know the truth.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Why are we supposed to care anymore? Enough of the drama and win some playoff games for a change.
    This ^^^

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

peter king. didn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    peter king. didn't read.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    peter king. didn't read.
    Here’s the Cliff’s Notes version:

name drop
    look at who I know
    unnamed source... jk, name drop
    unfounded rhetoric
    name drop