Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders?

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Emmanuel Sanders?

Hello Guys!

Unfortunately I feel that this situation with AB is beyond repair. Do you think that the Steelers can make a call to Elway offering the Broncos AB and a 6th round pick for Sanders? Sanders never left on bad terms. He’s familiar with the Steelers and has never been a locker room problem.

I know he made a comment comparing Manning to Ben that hurt Ben’s feelings, but I don’t think that it is something that is a real issue. I think Sanders would be a nice veteran compliment next to Juju until we can find the next young star WR to mold next to Juju.

What do you guys think. I don’t know, just throwing it out there.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Emmanuel Sanders?

Sanders had a season ending ( could be career threatening ) injury at his age .... no way I make that offer ....

I shop AB but I am not going to give him away ...

offer of a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd

or established player plus pick my way ....

established star straight up possibly ...

but not damaged goods that we did not rate as high when both healthy and give up a pick on top of it no way in hell
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If the Steelers want to trade AB for a decent haul of picks, they would be wise to target the Jets, Cards, or 49ers. All are teams that have young QBs and a relative lack of weapons. Additionally, they have cap space.

The problem is, you are never going to get "fair" compensation. AB's market will never be lower due to the current picture of the off-field stuff. If Brandin Cooks and a 4th is worth a low first round pick just this past off-season -- what is AB worth? Seems like AB + a pot sweetener should get a mid to high 1st and either another 1st or a same year 2nd.

Despite his incredible production for essentially his whole career, I just don't see a rebuilding team giving that much up.

What's my point? If the Steelers want to divest themselves from the business of AB, they are going to have to take a heavily discounted return.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Sanders had a season ending ( could be career threatening ) injury at his age .... no way I make that offer ....

I shop AB but I am not going to give him away ...

offer of a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd

or established player plus pick my way ....

established star straight up possibly ...

but not damaged goods that we did not rate as high when both healthy and give up a pick on top of it no way in hell
    WOW!!!!! Had no idea Sanders had a serious season ending injury.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillCurtains View Post
    Hello Guys!

Unfortunately I feel that this situation with AB is beyond repair. Do you think that the Steelers can make a call to Elway offering the Broncos AB and a 6th round pick for Sanders? Sanders never left on bad terms. He’s familiar with the Steelers and has never been a locker room problem.

I know he made a comment comparing Manning to Ben that hurt Ben’s feelings, but I don’t think that it is something that is a real issue. I think Sanders would be a nice veteran compliment next to Juju until we can find the next young star WR to mold next to Juju.

We would be adding compensation in the form of a 6th to get Sanders?? I'm not good on that. I'd say Sanders plus a 2nd rounder for AB.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

I like Sanders and think he'd be a good fit, however...if the Steelers have to give up a 6th rounder as well as AB, I'd lose my mind lol it'd take Manny and a bunch more for me to pull that trigger. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Manny tore his achilles in December. As Dwins said, No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    We would be adding compensation in the form of a 6th to get Sanders?? I'm not good on that. I'd say Sanders plus a 2nd rounder for AB.

The only problem is that I don’t feel that teams are going to be willing to give up a high pick for AB due to his baggage and the fact that he will be 31.

That’s the problem, he is still a very high risk despite his production.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

AB to Niners for the 2nd pick in the draft.

Then trade that draft pick for a crap ton of draft picks. To have ammunition for LAB (Life after Ben) .

Example the current Rams and RG3 trade.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Stop it! Steelers aren't trading AB! Just look what they put up with Bell this year! I think they cherish AB more then Bell!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Hello Guys!

I think you done lost your mind. Yes lets offer The Broncos the best WR since Rice! For Sanders and while we are at it throw in a 6 rd pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Stop it! Steelers aren't trading AB! Just look what they put up with Bell this year! I think they cherish AB more then Bell!
    I don't think they're shopping AB. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they were listening to offers. Although, I don't think they make a trade unless they get a low-mid first and a second. Something they can pair with their first round pick and move up to get what they hope is a sure-fire hit in one of the positions of need. The problem is that low-middle is full of teams we play. Clevalnd, Tennessee, Baltimore, and Houston. That leaves Washington at 15. That might be a stretch for them, but Snyder has done dumb things in the past. Carolina at 16. Minnesota at 18. And, Seattle at 21. So, if we can talk oen of them into a trade. If we want to pair both first round picks, we could move into 6th or 5th spot. But that's not the Steelers' way. We might pair a first and second and that get us into the high teens or depending on the trade partner and which first round pick we traded, into the lower single digits.

But other than that, no, I don't think the Steelers pull the trigger on a trade.

People need to realize regardless of AB's feud. If he is traded the Steelers will get a high 1st for him plus!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'll be paying attention to the Bills who have the 9th overall pick when it comes to an AB trade.

But I still think he'll be back.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'll be paying attention to the Bills who have the 9th overall pick when it comes to an AB trade.

But I still think he'll be back.
    so do I...

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I think you done lost your mind. Yes lets offer The Broncos the best WR since Rice! For Sanders and while we are at it throw in a 6 rd pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The relationship with him and the franchise is fractured. He doesn’t want to be here and he will only continue to be rebelious until he is dealt. It sucks but it’s true. AB is all over sports news right now and in a negative light. All of these organizations see that.

As far as trade goes, dealing him may not be as easy as some think. He will be 31 years old with serious character issues on and off the field. He’s the modern day T.O, and even T.O didn’t have off field issues. I believe that the Steelers will have to be the team that has to give up more in dealing AB.

He’s high risk. I feel that teams will want AB as well as a high to mid pick in case he doesn’t work out. The thing is I wouldn’t give away no higher than a 6th round pick as a package in dealing him for a player with close to equal value. For instance, I don’t think that the Steelers could call Arizona and offer to trade AB straight up for Patrick Peterson. They are both of equal value, but Peterson doesn’t have the character issues. The Steelers would have to throw something else in the pot.

It’s hard to invest in a player that will be past 30 years old and can turn on you faster than a pitbull despite his production.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    so do I...
    Both sides should figure it out and get AB some damn therapy.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Both sides should figure it out and get AB some damn therapy.
    I know... This just ABSOLUTELY sucks! Due to his video with Harrison during Tomlin’s press conference I think he is gone. I feel he was sending a message to the Steelers to either deal him, or he will continue this type of activity.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

The relationship with him and the franchise is fractured. He doesn’t want to be here and he will only continue to be rebelious until he is dealt. It sucks but it’s true. AB is all over sports news right now and in a negative light. All of these organizations see that.

As far as trade goes, dealing him may not be as easy as some think. He will be 31 years old with serious character issues on and off the field. He’s the modern day T.O, and even T.O didn’t have off field issues. I believe that the Steelers will have to be the team that has to give up more in dealing AB.

He’s high risk. I feel that teams will want AB as well as a high to mid pick in case he doesn’t work out. The thing is I wouldn’t give away no higher than a 6th round pick as a package in dealing him for a player with close to equal value. For instance, I don’t think that the Steelers could call Arizona and offer to trade AB straight up for Patrick Peterson. They are both of equal value, but Peterson doesn’t have the character issues. The Steelers would have to throw something else in the pot.

It’s hard to invest in a player that will be past 30 years old and can turn on you faster than a pitbull despite his production.
    How do you know the relationship is fractured? How do you know he doesn't want to be here? None of us know what the heck is going on

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    How do you know the relationship is fractured? How do you know he doesn't want to be here? None of us know what the heck is going on
    Walking off of the practice field, skipping practices, leaving the season finale at half time, putting out the video with Harrison mocking Tomlin’s press conference, putting out his cryptic tweet about having control, not returning calls from teammates, Tomlin and Rooney kind of gives me an indicator that he doesn’t want to be here.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

I’m completely over the drama with the Steelers. This kind of drama is supposed to occur elsewhere. If it takes trading a 30yr receiver(yes still one of the best), I’m all for it. Minimum I take is a first and a established player though. I would offer the jets a sign and trade with Bell(no competition for Bells services ) and trade Brown. Steelers get DT Leonard Williams and Robbie Anderson and a second. Don’t know if it’s possible but I would try

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't think they're shopping AB. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they were listening to offers. Although, I don't think they make a trade unless they get a low-mid first and a second. Something they can pair with their first round pick and move up to get what they hope is a sure-fire hit in one of the positions of need. The problem is that low-middle is full of teams we play. Clevalnd, Tennessee, Baltimore, and Houston. That leaves Washington at 15. That might be a stretch for them, but Snyder has done dumb things in the past. Carolina at 16. Minnesota at 18. And, Seattle at 21. So, if we can talk oen of them into a trade. If we want to pair both first round picks, we could move into 6th or 5th spot. But that's not the Steelers' way. We might pair a first and second and that get us into the high teens or depending on the trade partner and which first round pick we traded, into the lower single digits.

But other than that, no, I don't think the Steelers pull the trigger on a trade.
    I agree. I think the only way he's moved is if the offer is one of those "no-brainer" types that you'd probably be forced to consider even without the drama issue involved.

I see him halfheartedly apologize in the media and supposedly squash anything... that's the MO. Always has been for him.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

what is this horseshit

if you're going to trade a HOF player who's still in top form, get two first-round picks like everyone else does
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    what is this horseshit

if you're going to trade a HOF player who's still in top form, get two first-round picks like everyone else does
    Exactly. If Amari Cooper received a 1st rounder, which at best the 24th pick as of now, Brown is well worth way more.

I would find the idea of a 1st and a player the caliber of Ramsey or Peterson intriguing given the need for something other than just Haden at CB... even a proven ILB would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    what is this horseshit

Of course that’s what you try to do, but do you think anyone is willing to give up that much for a 31 year old problem child, that may skip practices and put out a video wanting a trade the day after you get him? It’s not as easy as you think!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Exactly. If Amari Cooper received a 1st rounder, which at best the 24th pick as of now, Brown is well worth way more.

I would find the idea of a 1st and a player the caliber of Ramsey or Peterson intriguing given the need for something other than just Haden at CB... even a proven ILB would be nice.
    You always shoot high. Peterson and Ramsey are equal value. The truth is though, if I am a GM, I don’t give you Peterson for AB straight up. I would demand something else in the pot to guarantee I have some return in my investment. Not only will AB be 31, he is a headcase. With Peterson you don’t have a character issue.

No way I make that trade. I don’t trade a high character probowler for a 31 year old probowler who may destroy my team. I also don’t trade AB for Ramsey. Ramsey is already trending in the direction of AB in just his 3rd year when it comes to his attitude. You’re trading one problem for another. I would much rather try to come to common ground some kind of way with AB than do that.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

You always shoot high.
    is that why you suggested trading AB AND a sixth round draft pick for an injured Emmanuel Sanders who left Pittsburgh on bad terms and has badmouthed our franchise QB?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    is that why you suggested trading AB AND a sixth round draft pick for an injured Emmanuel Sanders who left Pittsburgh on bad terms and has badmouthed our franchise QB?
    What I’m saying is that someone that is a talent lower than AB with a lower draft pick thrown in is what you will likely get. Of course you start high to see if someone will bite, but I don’t think it is likely. AB’s age and baggage will likely be costly.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I actually thought Sanders might be "The Deer." It's either him or Bradshaw, in my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Most excellent