Thread: VA Steelers fan since the 80s

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

VA Steelers fan since the 80s

I've been a Long time Steelers fan since the late eighties, way back when Bubby Brister was fumbling away playoff games against Denver. I started watching football with by best friend as a child, he was raised as a die hard Miami (Marino) fan and that winter my mom bought me a winter coat that happened to be a Steelers Letterman type jacket, so I decided that would be my team...and it's been an up and down one sided love affair ever since, 30 years and counting.

I live in VA now but I grew up a Military brat and joined the military myself as an adult, in both cases I've lived in a lot of places from California, Texas, Tennessee, Minnesota, Illinois, Virginia, down to Florida.

I haven't been a member of any forum since About.com/footballforum disappeared some number of years ago but back then I was a pretty active member.

LIKES & DISLIKES: I enjoy discussing how great the Steelers play, how horrible the Ratbirds are, just how disgusting NFL officiating currently is but most of all I think I enjoy discussing the NFL draft and all of it's MOCK possibilities.

FAVORITE TEAMS: My favorite teams are of course the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Florida Gators and SEC football.

INTERESTING FACT: My screen name was created drunkenly while visiting Greece back when I was in the navy. Someone invited me into my first Fantasy Football league back in 99' and I needed a Team name. I had just come back from visiting a Museum and was reading a book about Greek Mythology. I read that Dionysus was the Greek god of Wine and Merriment and my drunken ass decided to Americanize him into the BEERgods!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: VA Steelers fan since the 80s

Awesome!!! I have a fan...lol

Welcome

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Awesome!!! I have a fan...lol

Welcome

That's really cool you have a fan, vasteeler. Get yourself a few more and you'll be a superstar.

Welcome to SU, BG!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Welcome to the board!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Welcome. I didn’t know vasteeler had fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

vasteeler is good people so no wonder he has fans!

BTW, Beergods welcome. You live in my area. I'm in Va Beach.

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    vasteeler is good people so no wonder he has fans!

BTW, BEERgods! welcome. You live in my area. I'm in Va Beach.
    Yeah, I've been in and out of this area since 92'. I went to high school at BTW in Norfolk before joining the navy and bouncing back and forth between here and Pensacola. Now I'm out and I'm back. So good to be home again.