Thread: Pass interference needs to become a reviewable play.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Pass interference needs to become a reviewable play.

Too often games are decided or heavily influenced by an obviously wrong PI call or non call. On scoring plays and interceptions which are already automatically reviewed just add it to the process. If you see a receiver blatantly push off negate the score. If you see an interception aided and abetted by DPI then negate the turnover and give the offense the ball and the spot foul. So right there you can correct quite a few incorrectly called plays. Then add one team challenge per game and include DPI and OPI to the list of reviewable plays.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Pass interference needs to become a reviewable play.

Not just PI, but officiating in general. It really has gone downhill the past couple of years.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It does. I totally hate that term "Don't blame the refs, good teams overcome penalties". Yeah, if you're playing the Bengals or some shitty team like that. However, if you're playing one of the elite teams or any playoff caliber team, giving up one huge play can mean defeat. Especially if said PI call is like 40+ yards and happens on a 3rd or 4th down when it would have been a punt or turnover on downs.

I can't wait for the day for cameras and AI to make the refs obsolete, tired of these geriatric fucks altering the course of the game

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

"Good teams overcome penalties" is just coach speak for we don't make excuses but in a league where games are often decided by 1, 3, or 7 points, a cheap penalty that takes a TD off the board or gives the the other team 7 will certainly cost you the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

The more games are not decided by the refs the better.

Perhaps:

1/3rd of the yardage of the interference and first down for the 1st two pass interferences.

Then 2/3rds of the yardage of the pass intererence and first down for the 2nd two pass interferences

Then full yardage and first down thereafter.

It does NOT have to be THIS EXACTLY.

However something LIKE THIS could help make pass interference penalties less of a game changer until it gets out of hand or is abused.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I don't know I have always said Great Teams over come bad officiating and I look at the playoff game in Indy on the way to SB 40 as proof.

That being said the hose job we got when playing the chargers was over the top. They were gifted 17 points on non calls which can be just as crappy as wrong calls. This is where I say every play should be challengable. Not only that but a team that makes a successful challenge should get to keep that challenge and only lose one when they get it wrong. One thing is for sure the officiating is only getting worse and something needs to be done...but it won't.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I don't know I have always said Great Teams over come bad officiating and I look at the playoff game in Indy on the way to SB 40 as proof.

That being said the hose job we got when playing the chargers was over the top. They were gifted 17 points on non calls which can be just as crappy as wrong calls. This is where I say every play should be challengable. Not only that but a team that makes a successful challenge should get to keep that challenge and only lose one when they get it wrong. One thing is for sure the officiating is only getting worse and something needs to be done...but it won't.
    Agreed. You can challenge us but even if we are wrong and you are right you lose a challenge?

Wow.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant