Thread: Where would the colts be today.....

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Where would the colts be today.....

If McDaniels hadn't "screwed" them, and how good is Reich. Built a coaching staff on short notice after many guys were already in jobs and has them playing great ball.

I cannot imagine what is going on with teams wanting to interview MCLoser. No freaking way.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Where would the colts be today.....

Goes to show how good NFL QBs can be when they aren't constantly running for their life or laying flat on their backs. Colts should look this improved with a healthy Luck and much improved OL. Plus the coaching staff did a great job. I'm just glad the Jags regressed so far in that division.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I never thought a HC and a guard could completely change a franchise. But dang! That looked very different from other Colts teams. Nelson is a beast. Kid plays like a Viking warrior.

Anyone see the clip earlier this season of him just yelling like a lunatic while blocking?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I never thought a HC and a guard could completely change a franchise. But dang! That looked very different from other Colts teams. Nelson is a beast. Kid plays like a Viking warrior.

Anyone see the clip earlier this season of him just yelling like a lunatic while blocking?
    With the Colts success and the Eagles struggles...makes you realize how much an Offensive Coordinator can do for a team...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    With the Colts success and the Eagles struggles...makes you realize how much an Offensive Coordinator can do for a team...
    Absolutely. The more I think about that, the more I think that Butler has to go. I don’t mean to open that can of worms on yet another thread, but great coordinators can really change a unit.

Makes me wonder what the Steelers do at the OC position when Ben rides off. Fichtner is here because of Ben not because he is an innovator. Say it is 3 years from now and Ben is gone and it is Rudolph....do they go get him a Reich?

Back to the topic -Colts look great. Chargers look dumb.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Absolutely. The more I think about that, the more I think that Butler has to go. I don’t mean to open that can of worms on yet another thread, but great coordinators can really change a unit.

Makes me wonder what the Steelers do at the OC position when Ben rides off. Fichtner is here because of Ben not because he is an innovator. Say it is 3 years from now and Ben is gone and it is Rudolph....do they go get him a Reich?

Let’s hope...but that’s a big hope the way things go but then again, the way they are going, there could be a lot of new there...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I think they have to go a different direction when Ben hangs it up. Watching other offenses I just see inventive play play calling that looks smart attacking scheme's and weakness. I just see alot of were running what were running don't really care what you do on the Steelers. Been that way since Arians. Sometimes your players out preform and execute better but alot of times they don't. It would be nice to see Steelers receivers schemed open.

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I think they have to go a different direction when Ben hangs it up. Watching other offenses I just see inventive play play calling that looks smart attacking scheme's and weakness. I just see alot of were running what were running don't really care what you do on the Steelers. Been that way since Arians. Sometimes your players out preform and execute better but alot of times they don't. It would be nice to see Steelers receivers schemed open.

Goes back to my theory that they don’t scheme against teams. They make up there Game Plan and throw it out there regardless of opponent.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

You can't forget about the Colts' upgrade at GM either. With firing the incompetent Grigson and replacing him with Chris Ballard, the Colts started paying attention to the O-line and have drafted much better. Even with Ballard as GM though they still don't sniff the postseason with Josh McTrainwreck as head coach

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I think they have to go a different direction when Ben hangs it up. Watching other offenses I just see inventive play play calling that looks smart attacking scheme's and weakness. I just see alot of were running what were running don't really care what you do on the Steelers. Been that way since 1993 . Sometimes your players out preform and execute better but alot of times they don't. It would be nice to see Steelers receivers schemed open.

FIFY

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Nelson is a monster. Did you see him engulf Clowney, turn him inside, and pancake him on the ground? That's a grown-ass man right there!

When the draft was coming up, some of us here were saying that you just pick a guy like Nelson and watch him go to the Pro Bowl and dominate for the next 12 years. If you didn't see him play enough, it's hard to describe how dominant he is.

He's just as advertised! Wow!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Coaching matters.

The Colts will be in the mix for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Nelson is a monster. Did you see him engulf Clowney, turn him inside, and pancake him on the ground? That's a grown-ass man right there!

When the draft was coming up, some of us here were saying that you just pick a guy like Nelson and watch him go to the Pro Bowl and dominate for the next 12 years. If you didn't see him play enough, it's hard to describe how dominant he is.

He's just as advertised! Wow!
    Yeah. He's glorious. Like Decastro is a technician and a marvelous athlete but Nelson is just an uncaged animal.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

mike mitchell has played well for them

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As I said earlier in the season, if/when Luck’s receivers start catching the ball, watch out!!! (There were at least two games that the Colts “should” have won, but the receivers dropped multiple TD passes.)

Luck is proving to be every bit the QB who everyone “sucked” to acquire.

As I said prior to the draft, Quenton Nelson was the best player in this draft. He is proving to be just that.

But, what is even more impressive (everyone knew about Nelson) was the selection of the underrated Braden Smith. He is almost as good as Nelson, and certainly as good as DeCastro. When Smith was selected, the draft world was like: “Another guard???” Even those who knew that the Colts needed two guards (I did) where surprised by the selection of Smith (I was like: “reach!!!”). Low & behold, the Colts hit a grand slam with that pick. Again, Nelson is still better, but as far as value goes (and “gambling” on a player) Smith is the more impressive pick.

Oh, and they hit a three-run home run with Darius Leonard. (Not quote as impressive as the Smith pick, but not far behind.)

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

McDaniels is a loser. He only wanted the Green Bay and Cleveland jobs, places where the QB is in place. To chickens!t to build a team himself. Probably due to him failing at his previous HC gig.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

In the off-season, look the Colts to acquire two free agents:

OC, Matt Paradis
    Add him to an already stout O-line, and any RB should get 1500 yards rushing. Speaking of RBs...

RB, Le’Veon Bell
    The Colts have the cap space.