Thread: Anyone could play DB if they were given the latitude of the Seahawks db's.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Anyone could play DB if they were given the latitude of the Seahawks db's.

I swear to god they commit interference of hold on virtually every play and never get called on it. And I'm not sure, but the Dallas kid who suffered that terrible lower leg injury looked like he was taken out by an uncalled horse collar tackle to me? Anyone else see it that way?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Anyone could play DB if they were given the latitude of the Seahawks db's.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Anyone else see it that way?
    Nah, not at all.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I thought he had him lower than horse collar. But I notice Seattle's guys tackle alot with a flop on the back of guys legs

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I thought he had him lower than horse collar. But I notice Seattle's guys tackle alot with a flop on the back of guys legs

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I noticed the low leg tackling as well. Coached that way?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Yep, I noticed the low leg tackling as well. Coached that way?
    I know they're coached to hold early and often with the thinking being that the refs will get tired of calling it soon enough and you establish that as a standard for the game. And after a while it's as if it becomes their move and they get away with it from the start in the games afterwards too. As if their style of holding and interfering is a more sophisticated style and ok. Of course your guy mirrors the exact same concept and here comes the flag. In the end it's Goodell's fault because everyone knows it happens and he allows it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."