Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The NFL Postseason begins today - Who plays in the Super Bowl and who wins it?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: The NFL Postseason begins today - Who plays in the Super Bowl and who wins it?

Oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: The NFL Postseason begins today - Who plays in the Super Bowl and who wins it?

Lol Rivers can't be elite until he starts winning games like these.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Strip sack to end it and the Chargers head to NE

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Wow look what a defense can do for your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Wow look what a defense can do for your team.
    A defense that stayed aggressive all game and a defense that made major adjustments from the previous Ravens game...lol. Wasn’t really sure what that looked like...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hey Tom!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

That Ravens/Chargers game was a fun watch. Probably because I had zero investment in the outcome. I hoped the Ravens would win and rep the AFC North but the Chargers deserved it. That was a BS holding call and that run should have sealed the game. The strip and recovery was justice, IMO. I just hope the Chargers play better next week.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Chargers tried to screw that up

I would not be surprised if Harbaugh cashed in his chips for a mega-contract as HC with another team willing to trade a draft pick to Ravens to buy out last year of his current contract as a FU to Ravens management that was planning to fire him in November

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

I would not be surprised if Harbaugh cashed in his chips for a mega-contract as HC with another team willing to trade a draft pick to Ravens to buy out last year of his current contract as a FU to Ravens management that was planning to fire him in November
    Rumor is Dolphins may be interested.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Lamar Jackson looks like a coach killer. I was sure he was gonna be really good.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I really wish they would stop all that posing for the camera by defenses,etc when they make a play...so stupid plus it doesnt help with the me,me,me crap. Just wish they would just stop all the dancing, seems like teams especially ours works on their routines during the week, seems to be very distracting

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I really wish they would stop all that posing for the camera by defenses,etc when they make a play...so stupid plus it doesnt help with the me,me,me crap. Just wish they would just stop all the dancing, seems like teams especially ours works on their routines during the week, seems to be very distracting

So how do you think that works? Do you think defensive coaches are trying to run drills, hold meetings, or do walkthroughs and guys just wander off and work on their dancing and celebrating?

If the premeditated this stuff at all it is on their own time between scheduled work periods.

I mean you don’t have to like it, support it, or watch it but to argue that practice time is being devoted to celebration planning is just a bit unhinged.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I am over the group pose of the defense in the end zone but the D does not get to celebrate as a team as much so IMO it is harmless

I am much more incensed by the ongoing horrible officiating , with the latest example being the Bears catch in Eagles/Bears at the 5 that was fumbled which somehow became an incompletion (although Eagles should have jumped on loose ball)

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

It breeds the me,me,me crap...im pretty sure not many other people like it either...plus how do we know they arent working on some of these routines during practices...its just stupid showboating. We have players that celebrate big hits after they have gotten a 1st down. Im not gonna get in an argument with somebody that defends this bullshit behavior...play the damn game and stop this shit. This also breeds a lack of discipline. Just like fantasy football has made the players pay attention to more personal accolades than team play. Imo this is another reason thw NFL has went downhill

Ok. I get not liking the celebration stuff. Never defended it.

But read ANYTHING about how a day at an NFL facility works and these dudes are NOT working on this stuff while coaches have anything scheduled.

That being said, they have plenty of unscheduled time at the facility to figure this out.

Player celebration is pretty far down the list of why teams lose games.

And yes i agree the officiating is atrocious and there doesnt seem to be any accountability with it

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ok. I get not liking the celebration stuff. Never defended it.

But read ANYTHING about how a day at an NFL facility works and these dudes are NOT working on this stuff while coaches have anything scheduled.

That being said, they have plenty of unscheduled time at the facility to figure this out.

Player celebration is pretty far down the list of why teams lose games.
    Yes, indirectly the selfishness and celebratory attitudes breeds longer term problems in players...

Yes, indirectly the selfishness and celebratory attitudes breeds longer term problems in players...

How do you explain the dancing and celebration in championship caliber teams and Pro Bowl players?

Mack and the Bears dance and celebrate while stomping teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How do you explain the dancing and celebration in championship caliber teams and Pro Bowl players?

Mack and the Bears dance and celebrate while stomping teams.
    How do i explain it? Watch young kids mimick it and thinking its more important than the game itself. Its fine that you think its not a big deal but I do!! Im old school and will say "act like you have been there done that before." Product of our me first society doesnt mean i have to like it or its even acceptable cause ive seen many of young kids showboating at a very young age and not having any reason to celebrate. Just look at our team at a couple or maybe a few players where the childish, immature, lack of discipline players do this type of showboating more than anyone. Not to mention throwing tandrums. Im not going to go back and forth with you on this...this behavior whether you like it or not has a link to discipline issues. Its just under the surface.

I dont care if the teams showboat and win or lose...not a good message and never will be. Its not THE reason the NFL is going downhill but it IS one of the many reasons people are tuning out.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Winner of Chargers-Patriots will win the AFC Championship game the following week

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Winner of Chargers-Patriots will win the AFC Championship game the following week
    Hope its the Chargers or Colts. Im not sold on Andy Reid and the Chiefs in the playoffs

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Wow. Napoleon Dynamite strikes again.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I don't want to hear any more shit about Boz.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Wow. Napoleon Dynamite strikes again.

Uncle Rico didn't think he had it in him!

How do i explain it? Watch young kids mimick it and thinking its more important than the game itself. Its fine that you think its not a big deal but I do!! Im old school and will say "act like you have been there done that before." Product of our me first society doesnt mean i have to like it or its even acceptable cause ive seen many of young kids showboating at a very young age and not having any reason to celebrate. Just look at our team at a couple or maybe a few players where the childish, immature, lack of discipline players do this type of showboating more than anyone. Not to mention throwing tandrums. Im not going to go back and forth with you on this...this behavior whether you like it or not has a link to discipline issues. Its just under the surface.

That is a very different take and conversation than your earlier statement that guys are missing actual practice time to dedicate to celebration coordination.

Also don't mistake my point. I never stated that dancing and celebration were a good thing. But only took issue with your idea that guys are missing scheduled practice time to work on it.

The rest? All personal preference. For every viewer it turns away, it brings a new one in. Stuff changes as things pass from one generation to the next.

It's all a matter of perspective. What is old school? The 50s, 70s, 80s, or 90s?

In an end of season wrap up story on the 2018 Steelers AV had this quote

“We saw this coming; it was an easy death,” Villanueva explained one day after the Steelers were eliminated from making the playoffs. “It wasn’t a tragic loss in the playoffs. It was as easy to put down as possible."

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201901030130

So which is worse as a fan? The Steelers collapse after Thanksgiving to miss the playoffs, the Ravens alleged reinvention of football with a run heavy offense that was exposed in a loss today, or the Bears with their rep as a sleeper Super Bowl contender losing on an allegedly great defense giving up a late TD drive followed by a potentially game winning FG hitting the crossbar?

Would gave been nice for Steelers to have a playoff game, but Bears loss has to be the worst since I assume few Bears fans (or bettors - Bears were a TD favorite) thought their season was going to end today, let alone like that.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

In an end of season wrap up story on the 2018 Steelers AV had this quote

“We saw this coming; it was an easy death,” Villanueva explained one day after the Steelers were eliminated from making the playoffs. “It wasn’t a tragic loss in the playoffs. It was as easy to put down as possible."

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201901030130

So which is worse as a fan? The Steelers collapse after Thanksgiving to miss the playoffs, the Ravens alleged reinvention of football with a run heavy offense that was exposed in a loss today, or the Bears with their rep as a sleeper Super Bowl contender losing on an allegedly great defense giving up a late TD drive followed by a potentially game winning FG hitting the crossbar?

Would gave been nice for Steelers to have a playoff game, but Bears loss has to be the worst since I assume few Bears fans (or bettors - Bears were a TD favorite) thought their season was going to end today, let alone like that.

It was exposed by a Chargers team that we thoroughly outplayed, but lost to, and used a defensive scheme using safeties as linebackers to use their speed to shoot gaps and pursue the fleet-footed quarterback and still be able to hold up in coverage like we were told the Steelers defense was going to try to employ this season when they acquired a bunch of safeties.

That was hard to take!