Thread: Who's the Best Prospect from your Favorite College Team?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Who's the Best Prospect from your Favorite College Team?

If you're like me, you love college football, along with the NFL, but there's only so much time to go around. That said, I try to watch my favorite teams and know more about their draft prospects than other college players.

What are the teams you follow and who are their best prospects?

For me, I have two: Notre Dame (lived there 10 years) and Marshall (grew up there). Colleges I attended don't have major football programs.

Notre Dame:
    Jerry Tillery DT - A giant physical specimen (6'7" 305) who can be a beast when he wants to. Projects to a good 3-4 DE. Likely to go late R1.
    Julian Love CB - Smart player with good instincts. Not real big but can hit. Likely to go R2.

Marshall:
    Tyre Brady WR - Big receiver (6'2" 205) with strong hands. Athletic and fluid (probably a 4.5 guy). Likely to go R4-5.

As to the Steelers, I'd be happy with Love in R2 and Brady in R5. Tillery is not a position of need.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Who's the Best Prospect from your Favorite College Team?

Out of Penn State, I’d have to say Amani Oruwariye. Corner Back with some first round potential. He was a ballhawk. I think I heard during the Cotrus Bowl that he was 10th in the country on passes defenses.

Trace McSorely will be the popular name. Not sure he will translate to the NFL but he’s a smart kid so he may be able to pick up a back up or third string job somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Who's the Best Prospect from your Favorite College Team?

My Memphis Tigers have only the one exciting prospect. That is Darrell Henderson. He’s the Kamara/Sproles type. Smallish but so quick and fast. Not sure how he ended stats-wise but he was leading the country in all purpose yards and TDs for a while. He sat out the bowl game or he would have broken Deangelo Williams’ career rushing yards record at Memphis. Williams was there 4 years, Henderson only 3, to put some perspective with that.