Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers and WR Antonio Brown At Odds

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Steelers and WR Antonio Brown At Odds

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    On the other hand, according to some around here, we’re all morons for noticing their dysfunctional drama.

Nobody thinks you're a 'moron', we're just sick of you going on about it in every frickin' thread, as if you or the rest of us have any control over it. Do you really think the members of this forum have so much pull with the FO that we can just get together, have a vote, and make staffing changes?? We can't, so your (incessant, annoying) barking is up the wrong tree. We get your opinion, duly noted. It may be right or wrong, but absolutely worthless to us since we can't do anything about it. Why don't you go complain to somebody with some authority in this matter?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Nobody thinks you're a 'moron', we're just sick of you going on about it in every frickin' thread,
    Did I start the thread? I find your constant policing of telling people what their opinion should be to be annoying. Use the ignore button if you don't want to see my posts.

- - - Updated - - -

There goes the first round pick that should be defense.............. WR at #1???

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Ryan Clark just ripped into AB as a person and teammate on Sportscenter. Said he would commit to a teammates fundraiser and not show or come late. Said he would blow off paid radio commitments and be not show at events that had billed his presence with lines of kids waiting his arrival.

I've heard other make the same claims so I buying what he's saying. Said he's also known to get cross and unreasonable with teammates. But this time he might have bit off more than he can chew.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Did I start the thread? I find your constant policing of telling people what their opinion should be to be annoying. Use the ignore button if you don't want to see my posts.
    Oh, I'm not policing what your opinion should be. I frankly don't give a crap what your opinion is. I'm just asking you to regulate when and where you choose share it, out of common courtesy to the rest of us. Trust me, your opinion is no more or less important than anyone else's.
    And seriously... if you have to tell people to put you on ignore, you're doing something wrong.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I don't know Dan.

JuJu is a legitimate #1 who is 5th in receving yards & Washington could be a good #2 with another offseason.

Two good receivers in Rogers/Switzer.

Conners & Samuels in the backfield are solid.

Good production from our tight ends this year.

Top tier offensive line.

Draft a receiver in round 3-5 and we could be just fine imo.

We would have the whole offseason (and draft?) to adjust and Ben has always made it work with whatever he has, wouldn't you agree?

Personally, I am far more concerned about our defense than the loss/trade of AB.
    JuJu was doubled last night and kinda irrelevant. He’s not going to replace AB and those other two certainly won’t come close to replacing JuJu...he’s far and away a bigger talent than the two put together.

Say what you want about having time to adjust but losing one of the best receivers to ever play the game...you’re not going to replace that...given 5 off-seasons...lol.

Trading Brown isn’t the answer. Creating a culture that can be respected and policed by the coaches and athletes is what’s needed. Chemistry.

I’d consider getting rid of Ben before AB. AB has more years left than Ben does...but that’s not the answer either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Ryan Clark just ripped into AB as a person and teammate on Sportscenter. Said he would commit to a teammates fundraiser and not show or come late. Said he would blow off paid radio commitments and be not show at events that had billed his presence with lines of kids waiting his arrival.

I've heard other make the same claims so I buying what he's saying. Said he's also known to get cross and unreasonable with teammates. But this time he might have bit off more than he can chew.
    At least I give credit to Tomlin for benching him. This team can't even fade into the offseason like the rest of the 20 teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

There goes the first round pick that should be defense.............. WR at #1???
    I don't think the Steelers would go WR in R1, they have had pretty good success with later round WR. I think defense will be a R1 pick

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

will be difficult to trade Brown or release him even if they wanted to ..... 20 million dead cap hit in doing so ..

so unless they can make a trade and the other team assume some of that hit it probably wont happen ( even if it should )

we are in a organizational mess for sure ( Thanks Tomlin )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I don't think the Steelers would go WR in R1, they have had pretty good success with later round WR
    I hope it gets worked out because unlike Bell, AB is truly a generational talent.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I hope it gets worked out because unlike Bell, AB is truly a generational talent.
    no question about that

True, but OTOH he's a previous generational talent and a locker room cancer. I don't think he can be the dominant WR on another squad he was here, and it appears JuJu is taking over.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    JuJu was doubled last night and kinda irrelevant. He’s not going to replace AB and those other two certainly won’t come close to replacing JuJu...he’s far and away a bigger talent than the two put together.

Say what you want about having time to adjust but losing one of the best receivers to ever play the game...you’re not going to replace that...given 5 off-seasons...lol.

Trading Brown isn’t the answer. Creating a culture that can be respected and policed by the coaches and athletes is what’s needed. Chemistry.

I’d consider getting rid of Ben before AB. AB has more years left than Ben does...but that’s not the answer either.
    JuJu can't replace AB? JuJu was number 5 in the entire nfl in receiving yards.

Get rid of Ben before AB? Do you really think we have any chance of winning a superbowl the next two years with a backup QB? Right...

While AB is a generational talent he is now 30 and a headcase. While I would love to keep him his best days are behind him and he is now a diva. If he is going to be a prima donna we can live without him.

We agree on having coaches with ballsacks, but otherwise we don't. Sorry.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

will be difficult to trade Brown or release him even if they wanted to ..... 20 million dead cap hit in doing so ..

so unless they can make a trade and the other team assume some of that hit it probably wont happen ( even if it should )

we are in a organizational mess for sure ( Thanks Tomlin )

It will be interesting to see what happens, the problem here is the problem isn't going to go away. I don't know what AB's beef is but it's rooted deep, be it right or wrong. Not sure how a trade would work or if something could be worked out in the draft?

Get rid of Ben before AB? Do you really think we have any chance of winning a superbowl the next two years with a backup QB? Right...

While AB is a generational talent he is now 30 and a headcase. While I would love to keep him his best days are behind him and he is now a diva. If he is going to be a prima donna we can live without him.

I'd argue that JuJu has already replaced AB (AFA being the primary WR). Winning SBs without Ben... I agree that's a stretch, but it's the new reality we'll have to contend with soon. Talk about a "generational talent", that's Ben for sure. You don't just replace a guy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I'd argue that JuJu has already replaced AB (AFA being the primary WR). Winning SBs without Ben... I agree that's a stretch, but it's the new reality we'll have to contend with soon. Talk about a "generational talent", that's Ben for sure. You don't just replace a guy like that.

I think he has and it took place naturally, like seed blooming into a beautiful flower.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think he has and it took place naturally, like seed blooming into a beautiful flower.
    That was bit gay, but I agree.

Still, fingers crossed we keep AB.

As 86 said. AB is a generational talent.

I thought so too but I'm too old to care.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Are we really discussing getting rid of AB because of something we don't know all the details on yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Are we really discussing getting rid of AB because of something we don't know all the details on yet?

Hey, it's offseason and the draft is a long way off.

Gawd, I miss having a proper CB

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Or rather, the team may decide to get rid of him. If they do, I won't lose any sleep. Dude's a problem.

Funny the memory that sticks out in my mind about gay is when Adrian Peterson ran over him

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers and WR Antonio Brown At Odds

JuJu has the benefit of having AB on the other side of him. (Sounds a lot like the AB/Wallace argument). However, where was JuJu yesterday? 5 catches for 37 yards against a bunch of second string DBs? Because he was being doubled most of the game. He was doubled against NE and did little to nothing. I love JuJu, probably more than most, in a way he “replaced” AB as a go to receiver for Ben but he’s not AB...and probably won’t be. If you don’t think ABs talent is special then you’re just choosing to wear blinders. JuJu is good but he’s not AB good and he’s benefitting a lot from the doubles that AB is drawing.

I don’t think they can win a Super Bowl without Ben. I also don’t think they can win one without AB. I don’t think they can win one with Ben, AB and JuJu right now as the culture surrounding the team is just toxic as a whole. The coordinators aren’t doing their job, the HC is full of coach speak and nothing more. Tomlin and the front office is slowly getting rid of this teams best players...Harrison gone (no leadership since he was run out), Bell gone (arguably one of the best RBs in the league) and now people want to trade AB? Lol. If Bell was on the roster, this team would be in the playoffs. Easily. If Harrison’s leadership is in that locker room, the defense would play with some attitude.

I suspect that the fan base will turn on AB and he’ll go from being the next Jerry Rice to shit. Just like James Harrison, Just like LeVeon Bell. There’s a pattern occurring here and it’s not a good one...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    JuJu has the benefit of having AB on the other side of him. (Sounds a lot like the AB/Wallace argument). However, where was JuJu yesterday? 5 catches for 37 yards against a bunch of second string DBs? Because he was being doubled most of the game. He was doubled against NE and did little to nothing. I love JuJu, probably more than most, in a way he “replaced” AB as a go to receiver for Ben but he’s not AB...and probably won’t be. If you don’t think ABs talent is special then you’re just choosing to wear blinders. JuJu is good but he’s not AB good and he’s benefitting a lot from the doubles that AB is drawing.

I don’t think they can win a Super Bowl without Ben. I also don’t think they can win one without AB. I don’t think they can win one with Ben, AB and JuJu right now as the culture surrounding the team is just toxic as a whole. The coordinators aren’t doing their job, the HC is full of coach speak and nothing more. Tomlin and the front office is slowly getting rid of this teams best players...Harrison gone (no leadership since he was run out), Bell gone (arguably one of the best RBs in the league) and now people want to trade AB? Lol. If Bell was on the roster, this team would be in the playoffs. Easily. If Harrison’s leadership is in that locker room, the defense would play with some attitude.

I suspect that the fan base will turn on AB and he’ll go from being the next Jerry Rice to shit. Just like James Harrison, Just like LeVeon Bell. There’s a pattern occurring here and it’s not a good one...
    I think we agree on a lot.

If AB "turns" on the Steelers do you have a problem with fans turning on AB?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

Yep... Big Ben wins that battle. #byeAB

As I’ve said (as nauseum), trade AB for a top CB.

1. It solves our defensive woes.
    2. We cannot draft DBs to save our lives.
    3. While it’s unlikely that we’ll “replace” AB, we do have a good track record of drafting receivers.
    4. It forces the OC to run more.
    5. It gets rid of a locker room cancer.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Would Gruden, err I mean Mayock, take AB for one of his 17 first round picks?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

offseason time will heal all wounds. Yesterday after elimination felt like wife cheating, after today if feels like she cheated with my brother(if I had one). Steelers don't need anymore drama. Whats the deal with WR's, biggest prima donnas ever. Leveon is a wide receiver trapped in a RB's body.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Would Gruden, err I mean Mayock, take AB for one of his 17 first round picks?
    I do NOT want draft picks. Too risky.

I want an established defender. Ramsey, Peterson, Ramsey, Mack, or Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    offseason time will heal all wounds. Yesterday after elimination felt like wife cheating, after today if feels like she cheated with my brother(if I had one). Steelers don't need anymore drama. Whats the deal with WR's, biggest prima donnas ever. Leveon is a wide receiver trapped in a RB's body.
    Wait... is that supposed to be better or worse?? O_o

If Ramsey is not available or willing to come to Pittsburgh would you settle for Ramsey?

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I do NOT want draft picks. Too risky.

I want an established defender. Ramsey, Peterson, Ramsey, Mack, or Ramsey.
    Absolutely for that ONE plug and play ~"Troy" type difference maker on defense.

Otherwise draft defensive line and/or edge rusher in the first two rounds.