Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Steelers and WR Antonio Brown At Odds

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers and WR Antonio Brown At Odds

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/sta...484102659?s=20

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/sta...897166849?s=20

She ain't wrong

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I wonder if any of this crap is a result of the hit AB took from Burfect?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/sta...897166849?s=20

She ain't wrong

This dude in the replies ain't wrong either:

"
    Steelers avg’d 9 fewer points a game than KC. Mahomes threw 16 more TDs and 4 fewer INTs than Ben. KC was among league best in TO ratio, Steelers among worst. Steelers have tangible, on-field issues holding them back + holes on roster. Not just coaching holding them back.

"

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Valid concern

Something is going on to cause not just the increasingly agitated behavior related to football but the non-football 2018 incidents of furniture tossing/"theft" of $$/"stolen car" in Florida followed by the cops being called for another "theft" of $$ in Pittsburgh.

Prime candidate for a MMPI test but Drew Rosenhaus and not the Steelers will have to decide whether to push AB for that

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    That's what I'm thinking, instead of getting an MRI for a non-knee issue get checked for CTE.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Rod Woodson wasn't the top player at his position and worth $21 million in dead cap money when they moved on from him. AB isn't going anywhere.
    True.

My point is that Woodson was beloved, a very good player, and a team leader... and the Steelers still moved on from him. Whereras, besides his talent, AB isn’t much of a teammate... ergo, they’ll have no problem moving on from him (if the money allows it).

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That's what I'm thinking, instead of getting an MRI for a non-knee issue get checked for CTE.
    Nah, its a result of JuJu having more receiving yards and targets than AB. When the Diva becomes the 2nd act, the ego goes crazy.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

isnt as expensive as it sounds to move on ...... 21 million ...

yep its a lot BUT when you consider they are adding 14.5 million for m Bells 2018 and 8 million into the player pool from Shazier whom they knew wasn't gonna play a down this year thats more than covers it ....

now what kind of draft pick compensation can we expect to get IDK but we may find out ...

draft picks are far cheaper to pay ... just have to make them count
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Nah, its a result of JuJu having more receiving yards and targets than AB. When the Diva becomes the 2nd act, the ego goes crazy.

Probably right, if they did a CT or RMI there would probably be little JuJu's floating around in AB head.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

yep its a lot BUT when you consider they are adding 14.5 million for m Bells 2018 and 8 million into the player pool from Shazier whom they knew wasn't gonna play a down this year thats more than covers it ....

now what kind of draft pick compensation can we expect to get IDK but we may find out ...

$8 million for Shazier

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Sorta NSFW.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Sorta NSFW.

Funniest thing I've ever seen...Ever!!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Funniest thing I've ever seen...Ever!!
    What did I just watch....

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I don't think it's that simple to dismiss. There's been a steady progression of incidents and, at least from the outside, it looks as though his personality is changing. He looks a lot more sullen than he once did. He used to be all smiles all the time. Then, there's the blow ups on the sideline. That's been a recent issue as well (just the last couple of years). I mean, CTE = problems with personality changes, erratic behavior, paying attention, and so on. We've seen that already. To be fair, he doesn't seem to have confusion, memory loss or difficulty with balance or motor skills (yet).

Obviously I'm not a MD or clinical psychologist so I have no real idea. But, to see this much change in him in the last year and a half? Yeah, I have to assign that to more than simple ego.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't think it's that simple to dismiss. There's been a steady progression of incidents and, at least from the outside, it looks as though his personality is changing. He looks a lot more sullen than he once did. He used to be all smiles all the time. Then, there's the blow ups on the sideline. That's been a recent issue as well (just the last couple of years). I mean, CTE = problems with personality changes, erratic behavior, paying attention, and so on. We've seen that already. To be fair, he doesn't seem to have confusion, memory loss or difficulty with balance or motor skills (yet).

Obviously I'm not a MD or clinical psychologist so I have no real idea. But, to see this much change in him in the last year and a half? Yeah, I have to assign that to more than simple ego.
    He also had fun for a number of years with “What it Is” on the Steelers website. Really funny and fun. He lost interest last year.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

just to clear up the @ab or @ab84 stuff mentioned in one of these threads .....

this is from Antonio's Twitter bio .....

Antonio BrownVerified account

@AB84

Pittsburgh @Steelers All-Pro WR #AB84. Chest Up Eyes Up Prayed Up #CuEuPu #Boomin #CallGod http://FB.com/AntonioBrown84 | Instagram: ab | Snapchat: AB84Official

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Yep, that's exactly what it is. And don't forget JuJu was named team MVP right before AB's recent meltdown. #Jelly #PetulantChild

just to clear up the @ab or @ab84 stuff mentioned in one of these threads .....

this is from Antonio's Twitter bio .....

Antonio BrownVerified account

@AB84

Pittsburgh @Steelers All-Pro WR #AB84. Chest Up Eyes Up Prayed Up #CuEuPu #Boomin #CallGod http://FB.com/AntonioBrown84 | Instagram: ab | Snapchat: AB84Official
    If I read that correctly...

Twitter: AB84

Instagram: ab

Snapchat: AB84Official

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If I read that correctly...

Twitter: AB84

Instagram: ab

Snapchat: AB84Official
    exactly

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I wonder why James Harrison didn't post the followup interview with Brown after Tomlin's presser that he promised? My guess is that AB's agent Drew Rosenhaus saw what was going on and put the brakes on it.

I'm thinking it more and more likely that they're going to trade him. Trouble is he's made himself such an ass that his return value will be diminished. I mean imagine putting him with a young qb like with the Jets or Bills. If he doesn't get the ball when he wants he'll be a holy terror to the kid! I'm not bringing that mess into my locker room if I'm a coach or GM! Also his play is starting to decline. I know he was great against the Saints but his season as a whole was not up to his previous standards. I could cite you 10-15 passes that he would have caught previous seasons that he didn't catch this year. And no they weren't drops. Just plays that separate the great from the merely really good. Give you an example. In the season opener right towards the end of the half on a 2nd and long Ben hits AB on the left sideline at the Brown 20 for what looked to be a first down. Ball hit him in both hands and he didn't come down with the ball. The very next play on 3rd and long Ben throws an interception and the Steelers are unable to extend their 7-0 lead going into the half. (I'm reviewing the season game by game, haven't got past week one yet) Anyway I'll add more specific plays later. But the point is there were quite a few of these type plays this year from AB. Plays where in seasons past he put on the superman cape and made the play. This year the extraordinary catches were few and far between and frankly mostly were made by Ju Ju. When you add it all up I don't think he's worth the headache anymore. Hope they find a good trade out there for him.

When I saw him and James Harrison together mocking Tomlin during the presser yesterday that more or less told me this relationship is irrepairable
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

I strongly believe that the Steelers must get rid of any and all malcontents. About 18 years ago I met a tight end who was a not a big name player for the Jets. When I told him I was a Steeler fan he replied admiringly >
    "To play for the Steelers & Bill Cowher you have to be a good citizen" Ill never forget that. Lets back to that culture. The Steeler fans love their Steelers. The Rooneys are class people. Tomlin has to be honest with himself and make some fundamental changes in his so called style. I sincerely believe in character transformation & hope he wakes up. His act is is not playing very well but he most likely will be around & I hope he changes and drops the bull shit persona. Art Rooney 11 you have to accept the ultimate responsibility. I am hoping for indications that positive changes are forthcoming soon.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tomlin is part of the problem. If all the malcontents were to go, he should go as well.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

It's a net positive period. Money wise. His cap hit is 22 mil if he plays and 21 if he's traded. I've heard some suggest if he's traded pre March roster bonus the numbers could be even better

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    It's a net positive period. Money wise. His cap hit is 22 mil if he plays and 21 if he's traded. I've heard some suggest if he's traded pre March roster bonus the numbers could be even better

there is a 5 day window he could be moved and save his roster bonus ... I think that bonus is 5 or 6 million ... ( don't quote me on that number )

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It would be cool if all these AB threads could be merged into one so that I could get my Kardashian updates in one place.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Does anyone have a link to the AB/Harrison video?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is part of the problem. If all the malcontents were to go, he should go as well.
    yes 86, we've heard you loud and clear. 6x in every thread. Tomlin should go. Noted. Maybe write it down over and over on a piece of paper until you feel better?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I think I just wet myself

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the AB/Harrison video?

yes 86, we've heard you loud and clear. 6x in every thread. Tomlin should go. Noted. Maybe write it down over and over on a piece of paper until you feel better?
    Actually it’s only been since this morning and only a few times but thanks for noticing.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler