Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 17 - Steelers vs. Bengals

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Week 17 - Steelers vs. Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    It's not blaming the loss on one play. It's showing that there are many factors that ultimately decide the outcome of a game.

I don't disagree with anything you just said. None of it.

Everyone thinks that firing Tomlin is going to get this team over the hump and to the promised land. There is no evidence this is true, it is just speculation. Nobody wants to admit that this team could actually be WORSE with another coach.

The Lions fired their coach and brought in Patricia. They got worse and some already want him gone. The Browns fired Jackson and they got better.

There is ZERO EVIDENCE this team will improve with another head coach because getting worse is just as possible as getting better.
    I can agree with all of that there are lousy coaches out there getting jobs, but what this team really seems to need is a shake up, a slap in the face to wake the F up. They seem lazy and unprepared more than half the time. Cowher lost this team in much the same way, Tomlin came in and slapped them in the face woke them up, turned out pretty well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Trade away AB(Me-Me player and a 3rd round pick) for a top level ILB. Trade our next 2 years 1st round picks for bookend shutdown CBs. Replace our coaching staff with the Manning family. And replace Bud Dupree with a pissed off James Harrison.

How's that for a start? You likey?
    If that's your plan. But I would definitely trade AB fur a top ILB. There are no shutdown CBs.

I figured you would ant to give Dupree a $100 million contract and extend Tomlin for 10 years.

Then you would implant Burns back into the starting lineup.

How about this? Get rid of Tomlin, Dupree and Burns? I would take Lily Tomlin over Dupree.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Which is more than an adequate lead for that defense.
    But the Browns have Baker Mayfield AND Gregg Williams. It's time to 'pay for plays'!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Baker is the real deal...but Browns miss a FG at the end of the half...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Oh I DO get it. Subtly isn’t your weak spot.

I don’t want Tomlin fired. I agree that some people’s arguments about coaching are often wrong. But there are many cogent arguments about how coaching affects outcomes. It’s worth discussing.

I thought your first sixteen sarcastic comments were amusing and quite thought provoking... but it was that seventeenth one that undercut your previous Jonathan-Swift-like persuasive brilliance.
    Okay, well....stop being so silly

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Same ol Brahns. Missed field goal, 20-7 at halftime.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    If that's your plan. But I would definitely trade AB fur a top ILB. There are no shutdown CBs.

I figured you would ant to give Dupree a $100 million contract and extend Tomlin for 10 years.

Then you would implant Burns back into the starting lineup.

How about this? Get rid of Tomlin, Dupree and Burns? I would take Lily Tomlin over Dupree.
    How you know so much? You spying on me?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well at least the Browns are still in it with a score, so there is still hope
    Their kicker just pulled a Boswell

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

But the Browns have Baker Mayfield AND Gregg Williams. It's time to 'pay for plays'!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Browns kicker pulls a Boswell 20-7 at half.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

How you know so much? You spying on me?
    Just reading your posts.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Last half of the season coming up...

No fumble on the kickoff...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Gaah! So close to a fumble!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I can agree with all of that there are lousy coaches out there getting jobs, but what this team really seems to need is a shake up, a slap in the face to wake the F up. They seem lazy and unprepared more than half the time. Cowher lost this team in much the same way, Tomlin came in and slapped them in the face woke them up, turned out pretty well.
    I don't disagree at all. I just don't necessarily think firing Tomlin is the answer.

Butler needs to go without a doubt. I think Tomlin really needs an assistant head coach, or someone to help him in his areas where everyone but him knows he is deficient.

He doesn't need to be gone completely. He is a pretty good coach.

Tomlin [almost] with the fumble recovery.

Splash plays...lol.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

1 more half

I don’t want Tomlin fired. I agree that some people’s arguments about coaching are often wrong. But there are many cogent arguments about how coaching affects outcomes. It’s worth discussing.
    Not in the game day thread, it's not.

Half time speeches anyone? Last chance apparently......

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Splash plays...lol.
    Blake approves this message.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

It's not blaming the loss on one play. It's showing that there are many factors that ultimately decide the outcome of a game.

Everyone thinks that firing Tomlin is going to get this team over the hump and to the promised land. There is no evidence this is true, it is just speculation. Nobody wants to admit that this team could actually be WORSE with another coach.

The Lions fired their coach and brought in Patricia. They got worse and some already want him gone. The Browns fired Jackson and they got better.

There is ZERO EVIDENCE this team will improve with another head coach because getting worse is just as possible as getting better.
    Excellent post. Probably because it is an actual argument. As opposed to the sarcastic posts which, while very cute, do nothing to discredit those that disagree with you because they attack a total straw man. I have yet to read a single post on this forum arguing that coaching is ALL that matters, and that a great coach can overcome bad players.

I agree with all of your actual arguments. I believe firing Tomlin would be a huge mistake.

Nice stick by Dupree.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

But at this point, there is plenty of evidence that they won't get over the hump with Tomlin. I don't question his winning record, never had a losing season, the whole bit. But I think he's ridden on Ben's coattails and his ability to keep us in games and win games at clutch moments. The defense has been a problem for 5 years and nothing has been done. I give them credit for the offense. As much as many of us HATE Todd Haley, he did set a precedent for Ben to get rid of the ball and not take so many hits. That is an improvement that has stayed and in the end we score more points now than we did earlier in Bens career. Other than that, this team is a disappointment. Special teams are just like the defense. Shitty for years, no changes or improvements

Still can’t get a turnover...lol. Nice strip by Watt.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Watt should have been team mvp

Steelers ball!!!

Thank you, TJ Watt!!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Nice stick by Dupree.
    You sure it was Dupree? I thought he was one of the 'waste of space' guys on this defense.

Nice play by Watt

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I don't disagree at all. I just don't necessarily think firing Tomlin is the answer.

Butler needs to go without a doubt. I think Tomlin really needs an assistant head coach, or someone to help him in his areas where everyone but him knows he is deficient.

He doesn't need to be gone completely. He is a pretty good coach.

Tomlin [almost] with the fumble recovery.
    Oh I’d rather sleep with the devil ya know. Anyhow something has got to change big time. Rooney’s need to put a little scare in Tomlin.

Let munch be the game day assistant to help make those calls, it’s obvious Tomlin is way too much in the game flow, to notice things like time outs and replays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Nevermind. Just a strip sack, but still