Thread: College Football Playoffs - Who Ya Got??

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

College Football Playoffs - Who Ya Got??

Notre Dame vs. Clemson
    Oklahoma vs. Alabama

I'm taking upsets in both games........

Notre Dame in a nail biter
    and Oklahoma in a shootout

[Note: even though Alabama loses, the selection committee still decides to put Alabama in the championship game]

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: College Football Playoffs - Who Ya Got??

Alabama and Clemson both win

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Eifert is playing vs Clemson

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Well Clemson blowed out Notre Dame. Now Alabama is threatening to make it a 2 possession game. These semifinals are looking a lot like 2015 and 2016 (all Bama and Clemson)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m not saying it should have been Georgia and UCF, but... wait... yes, I am.

Welp it's Bama vs Clemson....again

3rd time in 4 years, Alabama and Clemson win the semifinals by double digits in the semis to play in the finals. Parity in college football has become a joke

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I was hoping for a change this year. But I always underestimate the disparity in college football.

- - - Updated - - -

Go Clemson!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Welp it's Bama vs Clemson....again
    Will be interesting to see if the TV ratings tank. Hard to see how the rest of the country is thrilled by teams from the Southeast playing for the championship each season and there has to be Bama fatigue.

Given that unlike the pros the top teams annually restock with all the talent not certain if anything will change until Saban retires, but I would bet the playoffs expand to 8 teams soon

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Will be interesting to see if the TV ratings tank. Hard to see how the rest of the country is thrilled by teams from the Southeast playing for the championship each season and there has to be Bama fatigue.

Given that unlike the pros the top teams annually restock with all the talent not certain if anything will change until Saban retires, but I would bet the playoffs expand to 8 teams soon
    Tired of Bama like I'm tired of the Cheats**

I'd rather watch Troy and Hines' new league.

God damn, this game wasn't close. Clemson dominated! 2018 Clemson Tigers have to be one of the greatest teams of all time

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    God damn, this game wasn't close. Clemson dominated! 2018 Clemson Tigers have to be one of the greatest teams of all time
    yep, and the guys who dominated on offense were freshman. Pretty amazing, so much easier to root for than Alabama and Saban. He looks like such a prick, like Belichick.

It was great seeing Bama torched like never before.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

So blessed to be a Clemson fan. The championship is back home!!!!
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Congrats. I watched and enjoyed the spanking they gave Alabama.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Clemson 74
    ND plus Bama 19

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Congrats - never saw it coming that Bama would be stomped and definitely enjoyed it

Clemson lucky college football players have to stay three seasons due to the NFL CBA or Lawrence and Ross would be first round picks this spring

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Congrats - never saw it coming that Bama would be stomped and definitely enjoyed it

Clemson lucky college football players have to stay three seasons due to the NFL CBA or Lawrence and Ross would be first round picks this spring
    I never thought they'd give Bama a beating like that also. Completely outplayed and out coached.

Very lucky. Lawrence and Ross are special. Freshmen playing like they have been in college for 3-4 years.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa