Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Munchak Name Is Floating As HC Again

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Mike Munchak Name Is Floating As HC Again

Another season ending on Sunday and now its really nail chewing time. I see Munch's name on various sites for an HC candidate. It will probably be the only coach we lose this year.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Mike Munchak Name Is Floating As HC Again

It would be the cherry on the shit sundae for Munchak to be the only coach to leave and have the buffoon squad still around.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Another season ending on Sunday and now its really nail chewing time. I see Munch's name on various sites for an HC candidate. It will probably be the only coach we lose this year.

Munch > Tomlin. He's excellent and unlike Russ Grimm, who Tomlin beat out, very smart. Choose wisely.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This would be a bad move for all parties, Munchak, the Steelers, and the team that hires him. The Steelers lose easily their best assistant coach and then are no longer able to get by with less heralded O-linemen being coached up to the best of their abilities. For Munch he would be going from a position where he is successful and given a lot of praise to a higher pressure position where he hasn't been successful. As for the team that would hire him, they would be hiring a retread head coach which has not panned out especially recently and they would be hiring an unsuccessful prior head coach. I don't see any winners here

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This would be a bad move for all parties, Munchak, the Steelers, and the team that hires him. The Steelers lose easily their best assistant coach and then are no longer able to get by with less heralded O-linemen being coached up to the best of their abilities. For Munch he would be going from a position where he is successful and given a lot of praise to a higher pressure position where he hasn't been successful. As for the team that would hire him, they would be hiring a retread head coach which has not panned out especially recently and they would be hiring an unsuccessful prior head coach. I don't see any winners here
    The rest of the AFC North.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Maybe he would take a lateral move with a team that paid more and was serious about football.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Maybe he would take a lateral move with a team that paid more and was serious about football.
    Lol

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Hasn’t Munchak started he doesn’t want to be a head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

It's one thing to say it, and another thing to turn down $8 mil/year.

He may have been completely sincere when he said it, but never say never.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

This was the statement he issued after withdrawing from consideration for the Cardinals job

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Steelers should pay Munch whatever he wants within reason to stay. He is the best coach on the team albeit in a specialized squad.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Give him a bump in pay and make him the assistant head coach.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Mike is a smart guy that knows football. Just because his first stint as a HC failed doesn't mean that's an indictment for life. Belichick didn't impress anyone as the head coach of the Browns. Dick Vermeil did ok and then fell apart in Philly before winning a Super Bowl for the Rams. I think Munchak will end up a head coach somewhere.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://nfltraderumors.co/broncos-req...-mike-munchak/

Stains and Donkeys want to interview Munch

In an unselfish way, I hope Munch gets another chance. I'd love for it to be with the Steelers, but that's unlikely. I think he'll succeed big-time if he gets a good situation. We don't really deserve him with our staff of boobs.

Munch had Matt Hasslebeck near the end of his career the first two years (9-7 and 6-10) and Ryan Fitzpatrick the third year (7-9). Not exactly HOF Quaterbacks.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Munch had Matt Hasslebeck near the end of his career the first two years (9-7 and 6-10) and Ryan Fitzpatrick the third year (7-9). Not exactly HOF Quaterbacks.
    But, the stats nerds will tell you that Ryan Fitzpatrick has more TD passes in his career than Troy Aikman, so therefore he is a future HOF QB. Munch had talent at QB, but just couldn't get it done back then.

At 58, Munch better get a sniff soon or the ship will sail.........................

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The Steelers need to keep Munch and get rid of the dumbass rednecks.

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

I could see him giving the Packers or Browns a shot they each have a good quarterback in place. I'd stay away from the Broncos if I were Munch.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    The Steelers need to keep Munch and get rid of the dumbass rednecks.
    Define your version of “rednecks” . I live in Va and some of the the people I work with are rednecks, and they are also the smartest and most enlightened “folks” I know. Please don’t call someone a “redneck” because they sat ya’ll.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

add the Dolphins who just submitted a request
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Istina View Post
    I could see him giving the Packers or Browns a shot they each have a good quarterback in place. I'd stay away from the Broncos if I were Munch.
    I could see Munch going to the Packers and taking Bell and Brown with him. That might make his job easier.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Promote him to asst HC and raise his salary accordingly.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    add the Dolphins who just submitted a request
    Also the Packers

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Might be a great way to keep him and also benefit from his previous experience (good or bad) as a head coach.

A few years as an assistant head coach and he might be the logical choice to replace Tomlin if that ever happens.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Good idea

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

That's a good idea. Munch has HC offers every year it seems so it's not like this is his one shot to coach so he better take it. He could be content with less responsibility or he could be getting the itch after all these years. This could be a good move down the middle
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-