Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mike Munchak Name Is Floating As HC Again

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Mike Munchak Name Is Floating As HC Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    screw you kate ...

sending sue and all the mods all your badmouth comments you sent me in DM now ...

you are a wacked bitch

game fucking on
    The truth hurts, eh, Paul.

You do that, you big baby. I'm not afraid of you. You're nobody.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Never understood how drama gets started in an NFL locker room full of Alphas.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Tell everyone how any times you've been banned from this board, Paul.

Also tell everyone how many times you've come back under different usernames when the rules specifically state only one is permitted.

Go ahead... Tell everyone the truth about the chaos you have caused Steelers Universe.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Mike Munchak Name Is Floating As HC Again

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    opcorn:

That dude causes trouble wherever he goes. He wants to be "somebody" so badly.

I'm out. The hubs and I are going out tonight. Betcha Paul has no such plans. He lives online.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I could go on but what is the point ... some people are just backstabbing pieces of dung anbd then want to act like a bad ass on the internet and send you dms warning you to not respond because their old man is a state cop ... whatever ... leave me the fuck alone
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I never had a problem with either of you, but this sounds dumber than Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell combined. Why not shut up. It would be better not to be losing longtime members over stupid shit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I never had a problem with either of you, but this sounds dumber than Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell combined. Why not shut up. It would be better not to be losing longtime members over stupid shit.
    Talk about team drama, now it’s infecting the fans.

Yeah, I have no dog in this fight.

I’ll never understand how Steelers discussion degenerates into name calling and verbal warfare.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Talk about team drama, now it’s infecting the fans.

Yeah, I have no dog in this fight.

I’ll never understand how Steelers discussion degenerates into name calling and verbal warfare.

I got no dog in the fight either....but if I gotta wager I'm going with the lady. Women cant let anything go and will hold a grudge till the end of time.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I could go on but what is the point ... some people are just backstabbing pieces of dung anbd then want to act like a bad ass on the internet and send you dms warning you to not respond because their old man is a state cop ... whatever ... leave me the fuck alone
    Regardless of what is said...it's dirty and morally questionable to post personal conversations on a public domain (without consent).

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ozzie Newsome has been stealing draft prospects from Steelers message boards for 15 years...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

So basically Munchak's contract has expired . He appears to be seeking work elsewhere and there is no news of Pittsburgh attempting to renew his contract. If you love a good coach you never get this far unless he's already rebuked attempts to renew. Pretty dad state when some of our better asst. Coaches are willing to leave and possibly lateral moves

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    So basically Munchak's contract has expired . He appears to be seeking work elsewhere and there is no news of Pittsburgh attempting to renew his contract. If you love a good coach you never get this far unless he's already rebuked attempts to renew. Pretty dad state when some of our better asst. Coaches are willing to leave and possibly lateral moves

Muchak’s daughter lives in Denver.

It is a very Steelers-esque move to allow a father to go live near his family.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ozzie Newsome has been stealing draft prospects from Steelers message boards for 15 years...

You've got some nerve!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Muchak’s daughter lives in Denver.

It is a very Steelers-esque move to allow a father to go live near his family.
    Since his contract is up not certain how the Steelers are "allowing" Coach Munchak to do anything.

Also not certain why the Steelers would not be certain to extend their best assistant a season before his contract expired, assuming Munchak did not blow them off when they tried to so.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

There is a very real difference between not renewing and blowing off the organization's offer to talk. People(even coaches and players) leave a job for another very similar job elsewhere without being disgruntled with the "old" job. Yes they do. What is unusual is the history of the Steelers organization and how people love to work there, and to have possibly 3 leave in the same offseason. That points to the "rats jumping ship" scenario instead of just moving to be closer to family. Understand please, I KNOW NOTHING, I am only speculating on a message board here. If Munch really is leaving after refusing to renew in Pittsburgh, and for the same position coach job, that looks bad on the organization to me.If it's not for a lot more money or a HC/OC position, it looks very bad, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sigh. Do you all read anything about other NFL teams?

Annually any coach who is rumored to be up for other HC or coordinator jobs are left without a contract by their former team. This allows them to be a free agent and not have other teams asking for permission or having to offer compensation if the coach is hired.

Steelers backed off when Munch was in the running for HC jobs. All reports now say Denver is dangling a job on staff AND so are the Steelers.

This is essentially what happens every off-season around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Since his contract is up not certain how the Steelers are "allowing" Coach Munchak to do anything.

Also not certain why the Steelers would not be certain to extend their best assistant a season before his contract expired, assuming Munchak did not blow them off when they tried to so.
    Because, the Steelers were being nice and allowing him to seek HC positions.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Annually any coach who is rumored to be up for other HC or coordinator jobs are left without a contract by their former team. This allows them to be a free agent and not have other teams asking for permission or having to offer compensation if the coach is hired.

Steelers backed off when Munch was in the running for HC jobs. All reports now say Denver is dangling a job on staff AND so are the Steelers.

Put a clause in the contract that the team will not seek compensation if the assistant seeks or gets a coordinator or HC job (assuming the league would even allow a team to demand compensation when an assistant with a multi year contract sought a promotion to HC - I am fairly certain a team cannot block an assistant from being interviewed if it is a promotion and not a lateral move, as would be the case with the rumors that circulated about Harbaugh leaving Baltimore before his HC contract ending in 2019 expired)

When Fangio reupped with the Bears for the 2018 season he allegedly signed a three year deal but presumably still had aspirations to be a HC since had just interviewed for the Bears HC job Nagy received

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...ng-built-under

Have not read anything about the Bears demanding or receiving compensation from Denver - but since you obviously read about other NFL teams maybe you have

If Munchak wanted to work on a year to year deal like LeBeau that of course was his call

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Put a clause in the contract that the team will not seek compensation if the assistant seeks or gets a coordinator or HC job (assuming the league would even allow a team to demand compensation when an assistant with a multi year contract sought a promotion to HC - I am fairly certain a team cannot block an assistant from being interviewed if it is a promotion and not a lateral move, as would be the case with the rumors that circulated about Harbaugh leaving Baltimore before his HC contract ending in 2019 expired)

When Fangio reupped with the Bears for the 2018 season he allegedly signed a three year deal but presumably still had aspirations to be a HC since had just interviewed for the Bears HC job Nagy received

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...ng-built-under

Have not read anything about the Bears demanding or receiving compensation from Denver - but since you obviously read about other NFL teams maybe you have

If Munchak wanted to work on a year to year deal like LeBeau that of course was his call
    All of that is true, to the best of my knowledge. But it is fairly common for high level assistants on expiring contracts to not re-up with their team or make a lateral move until the HC and coordinator jobs are full.

All reports are indicating that immediately after Munch didn't get the Broncos HC job (or any others) they have been making a full court press to keep him as their line coach. Yet everyone is freaking the heck out that Munch wasn't resigned immediately at the end of the season.

This whole process is fairly common over the years for assistants that are on an expiring deal that are angling for a job in another NFL city. It is clear that Munch went from not really wanting a HC job to wanting one when it became possible to pursue NFL coaching in the same city as his family. While that remained a possibility, there was no offer the Steelers could make that was going to change the man's mind.

I have been making that point badly because I have been lazy in how I put my thoughts together.

All of that is true, to the best of my knowledge. But it is fairly common for high level assistants on expiring contracts to not re-up with their team or make a lateral move until the HC and coordinator jobs are full.

All reports are indicating that immediately after Munch didn't get the Broncos HC job (or any others) they have been making a full court press to keep him as their line coach. Yet everyone is freaking the heck out that Munch wasn't resigned immediately at the end of the season.

This whole process is fairly common over the years for assistants that are on an expiring deal that are angling for a job in another NFL city. It is clear that Munch went from not really wanting a HC job to wanting one when it became possible to pursue NFL coaching in the same city as his family. While that remained a possibility, there was no offer the Steelers could make that was going to change the man's mind.

I have been making that point badly because I have been lazy in how I put my thoughts together.
    No worries

I was just wondering given his skill set why the Steelers did not have a rolling extension with Munch to avoid losing him to a lateral move such as they are facing now

Although since Munchak knows he could get another OL coach job immediately in the unlikely event the Steelers let him go he has less incentive than most to need the security of a multi-year deal

No worries

I was just wondering given his skill set why the Steelers did not have a rolling extension with Munch to avoid losing him to a lateral move such as they are facing now

Although since Munchak knows he could get another OL coach job immediately in the unlikely event the Steelers let him go he has less incentive than most to need the security of a multi-year deal
    I think it is that. Munch is just gonna go year to year, because why would he lock himself into anything else? I actually suspect that they have been low-key offering him extension(s) since late in the season and he has kept them waiting to find out about Denver.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Really teams let contracts run out so third best coaches can leave without even asking permission. Doesn't sound like the NFL I know and follow.

Merry Christmas

Because, the Steelers were being nice and allowing him to seek HC positions.
    You can allow a guy under contract to seek promotions , not a problem happens all the time. You can't stop a guy without a contract from doing whatever he wants.

Merry Christmas

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilG...=youtu.be&t=22

Nice to see everyone getting along so well
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilG...=youtu.be&t=22

Nice to see everyone getting along so well
    LMAO. Perfect.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler