Thread: 2019 NFL Draft Inside Linebacker Rankings

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

2019 NFL Draft Inside Linebacker Rankings

1. Devin White, LSU
    2. Mack Wilson, Alabama
    3. Devin Bush, Michigan
    4. Te’Von Coney, Notre Dame
    5. T.J. Edwards, Wisconsin
    6. Khalil Hodge, Buffalo
    7. Ben Burr-Kirven, Washington
    8. Cameron Smith, USC
    9. Vosean Joseph, Florida
    10. Joe Bachie, Michigan State

http://www.draftblaster.com/2019-nfl...cker-rankings/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Inside Linebacker Rankings

Devin White is amazing, but needs coaching.

Mack Wilson is ready to play yesterday.

White = Shazier
    Wilson = Mosley

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

White = Shazier
    Wilson = Mosley
    I like them both.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

White = Shazier
    Wilson = Mosley
    Which, at this point, he won’t get with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

My initial Top3 from that list directly:

1. Mack Wilson
    2. Khalil Hodge
    3. Ben Burr-Kirven

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I am in the opinion that nobody is in the class of White in this draft at the LB pos ... he is a do it all linebacker can makes plays in the passing game via coverage or rush and plays vs the run ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    1. Devin White, LSU
    2. Mack Wilson, Alabama
    3. Devin Bush, Michigan
    4. Te’Von Coney, Notre Dame
    5. T.J. Edwards, Wisconsin
    6. Khalil Hodge, Buffalo
    7. Ben Burr-Kirven, Washington
    8. Cameron Smith, USC
    9. Vosean Joseph, Florida
    10. Joe Bachie, Michigan State

http://www.draftblaster.com/2019-nfl...cker-rankings/

I like Germaine Pratt. He tackles well, can blitz, and is a factor in coverage. We shall see how he works out at the combine. Could be a great 2nd round pick

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...e-pratt-1.html

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

keep your eye on this young man in tonight's game ...

Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson ..just 1 year at Linebacker as a Safety transition but if he declares would be a nice middle round pickup , raw in terms of knowing the position but a tremendous athlete who's arrow is pointed up and he has been getting better and better as the year has progressed ..

as a side note there is a TON of draftable talent in this game ....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    keep your eye on this young man in tonight's game ...

Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson ..just 1 year at Linebacker as a Safety transition but if he declares would be a nice middle round pickup , raw in terms of knowing the position but a tremendous athlete who's arrow is pointed up and he has been getting better and better as the year has progressed ..

as a side note there is a TON of draftable talent in this game ....
    Sounds like someone the Steelers would reach for in round 1

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

1. Josh Allen - Kentucky
    2. Devin White - LSU * (Declared)
    3. Mack Wilson - Bama * (Declared)
    4. Devin Bush - Michigan * (Declared)
    5. Tre Lamar - Clemson *
    6. Germaine Pratt - NC State
    7. Cameron Smith - USC
    8. TJ Edwards - Wisconsin
    9. Te'Von Coney - Notre Dame
    10. Vosean Joseph - Florida

Later on in the draft I think that Clemson's Kendall Joseph is an interesting ILB Prospect, along with Khalil Hodge from Buffalo.

It's my opinion that Pittsburgh needs to double dip at both ILB and the CB positions in this draft. They should probably also take a WR once they trade Antonio Brown.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    1. Josh Allen - Kentucky
    5. Tre Lamar - Clemson *
    7. Cameron Smith - USC

Later on in the draft I think that Clemson's Kendall Joseph is an interesting ILB Prospect, along with Khalil Hodge from Buffalo.

It's my opinion that Pittsburgh needs to double dip at both ILB and the CB positions in this draft. They should probably also take a WR once they trade Antonio Brown.
    Good list.

Question: Isn’t Josh Allen an OLB?

Good list.

Question: Isn’t Josh Allen an OLB?

that is where nearly everyone has him pegged OLB a Bookend to TJ /drool

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Josh Allen can and has played both positions. I think a lot of teams have him pegged as an OLB because EDGE gets more play at the top of the drop than does ILB and with his talent I believe he'll be the first LB off the board. Not EDGE of course because that'll be Bosa hands down.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    1. Josh Allen - Kentucky
    5. Tre Lamar - Clemson *
    7. Cameron Smith - USC

I'm hoping the Steelers get a CB in FA, trading AB yields back a 1st round pick(plus another pick later) that can be used to get White or Wilson. Our original pick at 20 is used to take either a TE(Fant/Hockenson) or one of the big fast WRs. I really hope we don't have to take a CB in the 1st round.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If that list is an accurate depiction, then this year's ILB class is shallow. I can guarantee that TJ Edwards will get eaten alive at the NFL level. His football IQ is good, his hustle and heart are great, but he is simply too limited of an athlete from what I have seen to make plays in space in the NFL.

Of course, that being said, he will test off the charts at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If that list is an accurate depiction, then this year's ILB class is shallow. I can guarantee that TJ Edwards will get eaten alive at the NFL level. His football IQ is good, his hustle and heart are great, but he is simply too limited of an athlete from what I have seen to make plays in space in the NFL.

Of course, that being said, he will test off the charts at the combine.
    This class could be very limited. I like the prospect of Tre Lamar but he played behind a very good DL. He’s another that may test through the roof at the combine yet have no real starter value in the real world. He’s still my darkhorse of the ILB class for now.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I think Devin Bush is going to measure in at 5'10 and slide to the top of the 2nd round, but I would still take him at #20 if he is there. Kid is just all over the field and tackles everything. strong between the tackles, pursues sideline to sideline and blitzes well. Good at getting depth into zones in pass drop, but at 5'10 ish he isnt the tallest guy to have to throw over and doesnt appear to have long arms. I still think he becomes a better NFL ILB than Mack Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I think Devin Bush is going to measure in at 5'10 and slide to the top of the 2nd round, but I would still take him at #20 if he is there. Kid is just all over the field and tackles everything. strong between the tackles, pursues sideline to sideline and blitzes well. Good at getting depth into zones in pass drop, but at 5'10 ish he isnt the tallest guy to have to throw over and doesnt appear to have long arms. I still think he becomes a better NFL ILB than Mack Wilson.
    So how does your top 5 ILBs list look at this point?
    I have it:
    1.White
    2. Wilson
    3. Lamar
    4. Bush
    5. Pratt

I don’t have this order glued down by any stretch. I don’t like Bush’s size or I would have him at #2.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    So how does your top 5 ILBs list look at this point?
    I have it:
    1.White
    2. Wilson
    3. Lamar
    4. Bush
    5. Pratt

I don’t have this order glued down by any stretch. I don’t like Bush’s size or I would have him at #2.
    1.White
    2.Bush
    3. Pratt
    4. Wilson
    5. Terrill Hanks- N. Mex St.

Steelers will need to win the North first and with more mobile QB's like Mayfield or Jackson that will move out of the pocket I think the Steelers need speed up the middle more than height. That is why I have no problem with Bush. its also why I really am not big on Lamar, as he looks less athletic than Jon Bostic at this point. Steelers don't need another 2 down thumper up the middle IMO.

The Hanks kid from New Mexico is a converted Safety that is 6'2" , 235lbs and plays fast. I think if he runs fast at pro day or combine, that he will end up bottom 2nd or top 3rd round pick. Devin Bush is possibly the most consistent tackler and playmaker of the 5 listed. Wilson has been hyped since highschool, but I haven't seen him turn that athletic ability into consistent results, so am a bit leery of him in the 1st round at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    1.White
    2.Bush
    3. Pratt
    4. Wilson
    5. Terrill Hanks- N. Mex St.

Steelers will need to win the North first and with more mobile QB's like Mayfield or Jackson that will move out of the pocket I think the Steelers need speed up the middle more than height. That is why I have no problem with Bush. its also why I really am not big on Lamar, as he looks less athletic than Jon Bostic at this point. Steelers don't need another 2 down thumper up the middle IMO.

The Hanks kid from New Mexico is a converted Safety that is 6'2" , 235lbs and plays fast. I think if he runs fast at pro day or combine, that he will end up bottom 2nd or top 3rd round pick. Devin Bush is possibly the most consistent tackler and playmaker of the 5 listed. Wilson has been hyped since highschool, but I haven't seen him turn that athletic ability into consistent results, so am a bit leery of him in the 1st round at this point.
    You think this is possibly Mack Wilson’s ceiling?

Tre Lamar is a tough read to me. I think he can be that 3 down LB. I see scout reports that say he is more of a run stuffer but I see good instincts and ability in coverage as well. Playing behind that Clemson DL can mask ability though. Guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You think this is possibly Mack Wilson’s ceiling?

Tre Lamar is a tough read to me. I think he can be that 3 down LB. I see scout reports that say he is more of a run stuffer but I see good instincts and ability in coverage as well. Playing behind that Clemson DL can mask ability though. Guess time will tell.
    I have read reports of Mack Wilson not progressing much from soph to junior season. I also watch some tape and see that he doesn't attack the line of scrimmage, ballcarrier, but rather takes some long runs around bodies and gets there late. Have a look at this tape from Arkansas game last year and let me know. I don't see a lot that says this guy is round 1 effort, or production.

Would have to do more film work and really dig into his background, college coaches, highschool coaches, etc. Looks like a guy with a lot of potential, but not quality effort and production. The last time the Steelers drafted somebody like that in the 1st round, they got a CB from Miami.

Here is some video on Hanks. Some of his 2017 game isnt the greatest, but 2018 is much better and he had a good week at senior bowl. Athletic and good in coverage, drops well and gets out on bubble screens quickly. He played more OLB, but when between the tackles more like in Wyoming game, he showed ability to find the ballcarrier and make tackles. I think a good prospect as weakside ILB in a 3-4. Maybe a good option near end of 2nd round for sure. Might not start on day 1, but who knows how fast he progresses in an NFL system. Could be a quick study.

Arkasas is one of those handful of schools that still runs a traditional pro style offense. Like Wisconsin, Minnesota, and a few others they produce quality ready to play OL. When you face spread offenses every week a pulling, run blocking offense can cause problems for a smaller faster defense. Will have to watch this clip later at home. Can’t get it to work on this device.