Thread: Which school is Quarterback U?

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

Which school is Quarterback U?

Hard to argue against back-to-back Heisman Trophy winners for Oklahoma and their past history of other Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks.

https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.com...quarterback-u/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Which school is Quarterback U?

Depends on criteria... For me, I'm more impressed by QBs that go one to have success in the NFL than just putting up gaudy stats in college that are often system-based. I'm not sure Oklahoma does it for me in that regard.

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

So does Antwan Randal-El count towards Indiana being Wide Receiver U? Does Terrelle Pryor count towards Ohio State being Wide Receiver U? They were quarterbacks in college not wide receivers.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I just don't think that the Scott Frost's of the world constitute QBU.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Which era? Miami has produced a few NFL QBs. Texas A&M, Penn State, Florida State, USC, and don’t leave out Marshall. Notre Dame comes to mind. BYU had a couple SB MVPs.

Definitely depends on era and qualifying criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Which era? Miami has produced a few NFL QBs. Texas A&M, Penn State, Florida State, USC, and don’t leave out Marshall. Notre Dame comes to mind. BYU had a couple SB MVPs.

Definitely depends on era and qualifying criteria.
    Almost said this one. That's my home town so I didn't want to seem like a homer. But in addition to Chad and Byron, they've had quite a few QBs that were very good. Especially for a mid-major.