Thread: I missed half the game yesterday...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I missed half the game yesterday...

I had a carpool with a couple buddies of mine and only managed to catch most of the 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd quarter.

anyone care to fill me in on the interesting quick hits that didnt necessarily show up on the stat sheet or the highlights?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Re: I missed half the game yesterday...

Doubled Gronk most of the night limiting his effectiveness
    Good tackling
    Some new twists in the running game for Samuels and he took advantage of it
    Oline was fantastic, kept Ben clean with good line of sight and opened some nice holes and sealed the edge a few times in the run game
    Dupree had zero tackles and zero assists, but set the edge and turned everything inside, applied some pressure (was held once without a call), deflected (almost intercepted) a pass that caused the ball to get to the receiver late and the defense swarmed the receiver preventing a 1st down
    Offensive game plan worked well, it was conservative but effective, but hated the 2 or 3 deep throws on 3rd and medium when a 1st down would have been better served

That's about it from my untrained eye

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Brady has three red-zone trips, but only scored 3 points.

Two of those red-zone trips came in the fourth quarter, on the Taperiots’ final two possessions.

The Taperiots scored a 63-yard TD on a completely busted coverage, on their third play from scrimmage. Their offense did little else.

On our final possession, they ran Samuels over & over. He kept gaining yards, eating clock, and converting first downs.

The final play on that “clock killing” drive was a pass into the end-zone that JuJu almost came up with. “Turtling” would have been rushing for 4-5 yards to get your kicker better field position; Tomlin went for the kill shot (and was inches from succeeding).

SUMMATION:
    In crunch time, the Steelers defense and Steelers offense did exactly what they needed to do in order to pull out a victory.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Tomlin actually tried to give game away
    Steelers didn't really win, Pats self destructed due to crowd noise, dropped balls, and penalties.
    AB was a non factor
    Washington is not a bust anymore
    Dupree did nothing as well
    Brady, Gronk and Belicheck are no longer elite, don't let this win pull wool over eyes the Steelers still suck and all staff besides Munchak should be fired. Thats what apparently happened in the game from reading posts on here, then I actually watched it and realized it was all BS except the Washington part.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Steelers didn't really win, Pats self destructed due to crowd noise, dropped balls, and penalties.
    AB was a non factor
    Brady, Gronk and Belicheck are no longer elite, don't let this win pull wool over eyes the Steelers still suck and all staff besides Munchak should be fired. Thats what apparently happened in the game from reading posts on here, then I actually watched it and realized it was all BS except the Washington part.
    Ignore this post!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

AB was a non factor

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

AB was a non factor
    Solid!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

My fault cubanstogie...should have read the whole post

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    My fault cubanstogie...should have read the whole post
    no worries after a couple of posts I made last week I probably deserved it anyways.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

how did the interior pressure look?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    how did the interior pressure look?
    Not ferocious or anything but they did enough to throw of timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    I had a carpool with a couple buddies of mine and only managed to catch most of the 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd quarter.

anyone care to fill me in on the interesting quick hits that didnt necessarily show up on the stat sheet or the highlights?
    Game starts...
    Q1: football
    Q2: football
    Q3: football
    Q4:
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-