Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 16 vs Saints

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 16 vs Saints

After their big win, Steelers head down to Nawlins to take down the Saints

Saints will be a tougher team than the Pats especially on the road. Plus it will be interesting to see how they play after winning their Super Bowl last week

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Week 16 vs Saints

31-21 Saints. Yeah we played a great game vs NE, but this is vs New Orleans in the dome. NO has only been held to under 30 at home once all season, so chances are Ben has to beat Brees in a shootout. Ben's track record in the dome isn't great, I'm hoping for a win but expecting a loss here.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

At least the Steelers will not be scoreboard watching since Ravens @Chargers is Saturday night

Given how this team likes to live on the edge I expect a focused effort only if the Ravens beat the Chargers - hard to see a team that lost on the road to Denver & Oakland winning in New Orleans

Saints open as 6&1/2 point favorites and Chargers are 4&1/2 point favorites

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Saints 34 - Steelers 24

Root hard for the Chargers

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Saints 35
    Steelers 10

And it is never a close game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope someone on defense watched the game tonight. Carolina had a great formula for keeping the Saints to a low score. If Carolina had any offense they would have won.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

31-27 Saints

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ek-16.html#pit

Heres the best damn playoff scenario map anywhere. Even our most likely path to the playoff is anything but certain. Hopefully Lamar Jackson is forced into a shootout. Kid hasnt thrown for more than 178 yards in any of his 5 starts. Ravens still quietly own the league's #1 scoring and total defense, along with the #r passing and rushing defense

Lose to the Saints + Beat the Bengals + Chargers beat the Ravens = playoffs . i think were in for a nail biter with this scenario
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    31-27 Saints

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ek-16.html#pit

Heres the best damn playoff scenario map anywhere. Even our most likely path to the playoff is anything but certain. Hopefully Lamar Jackson is forced into a shootout. Kid hasnt thrown for more than 178 yards in any of his 5 starts. Ravens still quietly own the league's #1 scoring and total defense, along with the #r passing and rushing defense

Lose to the Saints + Beat the Bengals + Chargers beat the Ravens = playoffs . i think were in for a nail biter with this scenario
    After the Chargers loss at Heinz I thought that would probably be the endgame, although I thought 9-6-1 might get a wildcard until the Colts beat the Texans. Of course I assumed a win over the Raiders and Pats loss to get there

Chargers should be motivated Saturday night since they still have a real shot at the #1 seed. But if the Ravens split with Chargers and Chiefs on the road while the Steelers went 0-2 at home against those teams as part of going 0-4 against the AFC West the Ravens deserve to win the division

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I hope someone on defense watched the game tonight. Carolina had a great formula for keeping the Saints to a low score. If Carolina had any offense they would have won.
    A big part of their formula was make them play outside, we won't have that option sunday unfortunately lol

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    31-21 Saints. Yeah we played a great game vs NE, but this is vs New Orleans in the dome. NO has only been held to under 30 at home once all season, so chances are Ben has to beat Brees in a shootout. Ben's track record in the dome isn't great, I'm hoping for a win but expecting a loss here.
    And just what is Bens track record in "the dome"?
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    And just what is Bens track record in "the dome"?
    12-6/28 TD/12 INT/103 rating - no surprise stats indoors are better than playing outside at Heinz and other AFC North sites when weather gets bad

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...door_qb_stats/

Game by game breakdown through 2016 season - includes games against some bad Colts, Lions & Falcons teams

https://steelersdepot.com/2016/11/do...oethlisberger/

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The Saints have been held down the past few weeks by average teams which means we should be able to do the same. We need to keep the ball for long clock eating drives and finish those drives with Ben throwing to his teammates for 7 points.

Just like Brady if you pressure Brees he is human.

We will already know if the Ravens won or not by the game since they play Saturday night. If the Chargers beat the Ravens then a win wraps up the division for us! If the Ravens win and we lose then the Ravens control their own destiny and close the season at home against the Browns which means we probably don't make the playoffs.

Even if we lose this week and beat the Bengals to finish 9-5-1 we HAVE to win the division because one of the Titans or Colts is going to finish 10-6 and probably be the #6 seed. The AFC could end up where the #5 & #6 seeds have better records then the #3/4 seeds. The Titans and Colts play Washington and the Giants this week then face off against each other (@Ten) on the final weekend which will probably be for the #6 spot.

So now those losses to Denver & Oakland are really going to haunt us.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I give the D credit last week as opposed to saying Brady and Gronk old and done. They have slowed down no doubt but basically shutting down Gronk is good for confidence in my book. Maybe the tutor they brought in worked and he will stay another week. Brees has been pretty bad they last 4 weeks, a pic in every game and only throwing for around 200 yds. Cam threw the ball awful from what I saw last night. I think Steelers move the ball easily and its a close game. Cleveland and the Ravens both played Saints tough so I see no reason Steeler don't get a win. Its basically a playoff game and it comes down to turnovers. Ben takes care of ball and Steelers win 31-29 Saints fail a 2 point conversion to tie.

Stop Kamara and Ingram and double Cooks. If you can contain their running game and don't allow them to beat you deep then there's a chance. Brees gets a lot of headlines but honestly it's their 2 headed monster at RB that makes their offense click.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

As someone said about the Chargers (v Ravens), they are due for a loss - so are the Saints. I can see the North going to the last game.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    At least the Steelers will not be scoreboard watching since Ravens @Chargers is Saturday night

Given how this team likes to live on the edge I expect a focused effort only if the Ravens beat the Chargers - hard to see a team that lost on the road to Denver & Oakland winning in New Orleans

Saints open as 6&1/2 point favorites and Chargers are 4&1/2 point favorites

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Saints 34 - Steelers 24

Root hard for the Chargers
    Agreed, however since we are big underdogs in this game, THAT may provide Ben and the team with the motivation to play inspired football.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

This team seems to just thrive on drama, it almost seemed as if the team lost their 'reason' to play after they proved they could win without Bell, and after his holdout was a done deal. Now with their backs against the wall, they come out swinging again. I just wished them getting the #1 seed was enough motivation to keep winning.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Week 16 vs Saints

Steelers win 30-24. Steelers play fast and crisp on the turf in NO...

Ben, AB, JuJu, Conner/Samuels, Vance, Switzer, Eli >>>> Brees, Thomas, Kamara, Ingram.

Also, Payton is out coaching himself...if you watched last nights game, he’s trying too hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I think the Steelers win this 31-27 a close the offense comes alive and, the defense holds on as well.

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

I had doubts against the Putz and we won

Ain'ts squeezed by a team we dominated, if that Steelers team shows up we will win...if the "I'll force throws in the Red Zone Ben" shows up, it's going to a long night.

And for the love of God... We need Boz of last year to make some fucking kicks... I can understand a miss from 45+ but never extra points or sub 35's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CV1 View Post
    And for the love of God... We need Boz of last year to make some fucking kicks... I can understand a miss from 45+ but never extra points or sub 35's.
    Totally. It's the missed extra points and short kicks that get me irate. You know your kicker sucks when the crowd is cheering hard when we make an extra point as if we just scored another TD lol. At the NFL level anything 35 yards out and below should be automatic

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Boz will end up costing us the Saints game or even worse he will cost us a playoff game. He leads the league in misses. Fans who think 2017 Boz is suddenly going to show up are fooling themselves.

And I don’t trust a coach who keeps Dobbs in because of game flow to make the right decision at kicker.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I expected the Steelers to lose the NE game and I expect them to lose in NO. The Saints didn't look very good last night, I mean I was falling asleep watching it. So just for the heck of it, I'm going to say the Steelers pull one out of their backside. No nail-biting for me on this one, I expect a loss but if they win great.

Steelers 38

Saints 35

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Boz will end up costing us the Saints game or even worse he will cost us a playoff game. He leads the league in misses. Fans who think 2017 Boz is suddenly going to show up are fooling themselves.

And I don’t trust a coach who keeps Dobbs in because of game flow to make the right decision at kicker.
    This post is gay...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

You have made it clear in several threads how badly you want Boz outta here. It’s not going to happen, so let it go.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Well, we better get some pressure this game, 3rd string OL. Hope Heyward is ok.

I think Pittsburgh spent their energy beating New England and I'm not sure what they have left for New Orleans. Meanwhile I think Carolina, in desperation mode, took the Panthers best shot and still came away with a win. Hard to envision Ben not making at least 2 costly mistakes (i.e. throwing INTs). The Steelers offense scored 17 points at home against New England and their defense is worse than New Orleans. Also some guy named Daron Harmond picked off Ben twice. New Orleans on both sides of the ball is better than New England and they get them in the dome

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

You have made it clear in several threads how badly you want Boz outta here. It’s not going to happen, so let it go.
    Although, it should happen, DesertSteel is absolutely right, Boz is going to cost us a game he's a liability to this team moving forward.

If they lose by a FG or by 2 versus the Patriots, he’s cut Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Although, it should happen, DesertSteel is absolutely right, Boz is going to cost us a game.
    he already cost the team 2 games