Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    the 1st amendment. just because it offends you doesnt mean its not freedom of speech.
    I'm referring to the part about you can't lose your job due to what you say. I'm pretty sure that part is not in there.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Imagine a world where you get fired from your job because your boss heard that you have political opinions he doesn't share. Would you think that's right?

I suppose in Utah or some places in the Midwest there are like really fierce conservatives who would love to fire an employee who stated that he supports abortions...
    j-d-s,
    Sadly, that *is* the world we live in, and plenty of people have been fired for saying controversial things. Sometimes, merely politically incorrect things. The 1st Amdt protects you from the government. It doesn't protect you from your employer or other people.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    j-d-s,
    Sadly, that *is* the world we live in, and plenty of people have been fired for saying controversial things. Sometimes, merely politically incorrect things. The 1st Amdt protects you from the government. It doesn't protect you from your employer or other people.
    a High school teacher was fired the other day for refusing to call a biological female a male ....

The teacher agreed to call the student by the name they desired but refused to go beyond that ....

they lost their job ....

THIS is the messed up world in which we live .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not really. One, I think, was a song lyric. And the rest reads like stupid crap that 20 year old bro-jocks say to each other.

There will be the required public outrage. A firestorm of media attention because it is what qualifies as a "great" story this day and age. "Embattled kicker now might be homophobic racist". It will allow a TON of click-baity articles that require no football knowledge to write to be produced -- "Click here -- you won' t believe what it took to threaten Boswell's job!"

Do I support/condone his comments? Yeah, no. Do I give a crap? Yeah, no.

I got role models. I have friends. I just need these guys to play well on Sundays.
    Perfect post. My son is 11 and when I pick him up at Middle school I hear tons of kids calling each other gay. They laugh it off because they know they are joking. As far as the "Nigga" word it's clearly from a Drake song, he even says it in his tweet. Do you really think none of his black team mates would have called him out for these tweets if they thought he was racist?

Twitter and the internet really are the bane of our society today.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    a High school teacher was fired the other day for refusing to call a biological female a male ....

The teacher agreed to call the student by the name they desired but refused to go beyond that ....

they lost their job ....

THIS is the messed up world in which we live .....
    I've said it before, if this country had to fight WW2 today we'd be speaking German in two weeks.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Everyone needs a Buddha Box.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

sexual allegation from middle school in 3... 2...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I've said it before, if this country had to fight WW2 today we'd be speaking German in two weeks.
    Hugs not war!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Do I agree with what is said? No. I just don't think something that was said before anyone was a celebrity on social media, and maybe didn't even understand that everyone could see what they were posting to an individual is ridiculous. Some of the stuff being revealed about athletes have been conversations with friends. Everyone talks shit with friends, and almost everyone has said or done something stupid or regrettable at some point of their young lives.

The people that are really pissing me off are the "adults" and "journalists" digging through social media posts of famous people and athletes when they were teenagers. I don't agree with much of the stuff posted by people when they're kids.....but they're kids. If it isn't something egregious or threatening...it's a scumbag move to try to destroy someone's life to try to build your career or to push an agenda. Young people deserve to be forgiven for mistakes they made when they were kids. For crying out loud.

How about we judge people on what they do and say when they are adults, have hopefully matured, and have a full grasp of social media and you can get a better feeling for what is in their hearts with the words and thoughts they use.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Do I agree with what is said? No. I just don't think something that was said before anyone was a celebrity on social media, and maybe didn't even understand that everyone could see what they were posting to an individual is ridiculous. Some of the stuff being revealed about athletes have been conversations with friends. Everyone talks shit with friends, and almost everyone has said or done something stupid or regrettable at some point of their young lives.

The people that are really pissing me off are the "adults" and "journalists" digging through social media posts of famous people and athletes when they were teenagers. I don't agree with much of the stuff posted by people when they're kids.....but they're kids. If it isn't something egregious or threatening...it's a scumbag move to try to destroy someone's life to try to build your career or to push an agenda. Young people deserve to be forgiven for mistakes they made when they were kids. For crying out loud.

How about we judge people on what they do and say when they are adults, have hopefully matured, and have a full grasp of social media and you can get a better feeling for what is in their hearts with the words and thoughts they use.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

Spot on. Digging up old tweets is petty and vindictive.