Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

Sad. Fans need to get a life.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

And this is why Twitter is a toilet.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sad. Fans need to get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    No concern over his actual comments?

- - - Updated - - -

And it's Boswell's turd that's still floating in the bowl...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

lol

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Well, there's something called "freedom of speech". Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And not face loss of employment for it.

But Boz still missed a lot of Kicks. Getting fired for doing a bad job is just normal.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Well, there's something called "freedom of speech". Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And not face loss of employment for it.
    What constitution is that in??

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. One, I think, was a song lyric. And the rest reads like stupid crap that 20 year old bro-jocks say to each other.

There will be the required public outrage. A firestorm of media attention because it is what qualifies as a "great" story this day and age. "Embattled kicker now might be homophobic racist". It will allow a TON of click-baity articles that require no football knowledge to write to be produced -- "Click here -- you won' t believe what it took to threaten Boswell's job!"

Do I support/condone his comments? Yeah, no. Do I give a crap? Yeah, no.

I got role models. I have friends. I just need these guys to play well on Sundays.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know the "fans" digging thru old tweets that are trying to get Boswell fired?

None of these "fans" seemed to be digging in old social media posts last year when he made the pro bowl.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If everyone got fired for saying or doing stupid shit in their past the whole world would be unemployed

Do you know the "fans" digging thru old tweets that are trying to get Boswell fired?

None of these "fans" seemed to be digging in old social media posts last year when he made the pro bowl.
    My question (not leading in any way) was about his actual comments, not the reason they were dug up.

I want the guy cut independent of his stupid remarks.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

There are nitwits who actually think they have "Twitter friends."

Yeah, I bet Boswell thought he did, too. Dumbass.

For what it's worth and from what I understand, Boswell is actually quite an asshole. I'm just puttin' that out there.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

What? A guy insulted another guy by calling him gay? I have never headed if such a thing.��

The sounds like a moronic rap lyric. If it is did they complain when the lyric was written?

I would love to dig through the Tweets of the people whining about him.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think they need to start the military draft or require people 18 years old to do at least a two-years in the peace corps or some other service. Get out of mama's house! I recently met a girl who is 35 years old, married with two kids and is still on her mother's phone plan.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

What? A college kid ribbing his friends by calling them gay? I am shocked - SHOCKED - to hear of such a thing. Obviously he is a hateful bigot and should be released immediately, and even if he got a job at Target, people should follow him around and post his face on social media and threaten a boycott, and demand that he be barred from employment for life.

Also the "n-word" comments looked like he was quoting someone else, I guess that's what quotation marks mean.

But still not a great week for this guy, all in all.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

My question (not leading in any way) was about his actual comments, not the reason they were dug up.

I know that its no secret that you have wanted Boswell cut....and that is why I somewhat jokingly asked if you know of any of the fans that want to dig up old posts when he is kicking poorly to get him fired, but didn't seem to have any moral concern when he was a pro bowler.

The fact that people went out of their way to find such old tweets makes me wonder if they are legit, valid, or fabricated. Who knows, maybe he is now the victim of Russian hackers, which seems popular these days.

I don't condone any racism, anti-semitsim, gay bashing, etc. But I also know that young kids say stupid things to sound cool. All I have to do is look at my teenage kids playlists and see the rap lyrics they are listening to, in order to show supporting evidence.

As for cutting Boswell....I don't think that is the correct move. There are only 2 more regular season games left and the guy has shown over the long term to be a good kicker. He just needs to get his mindset back to what it was like to nail that 48 yarder and if that means seeing a sport psychologist like Bob Rotella, Jay Ferraro, etc. then the Steelers should have done that already.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

I was 17 once too and said some not so smart things.

Should I be shot?

Get over it. Everyone was a kid once, let them be a kid and not PC robots.

For Christ's Sake.....literally. Forgiveness first.

You asshole....

OMG......can't believe that came out of my mouth. Ship me to Antarctica.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

This team is just a magnet for Drama. We don't need it, not now .

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

New topic for Radio Ben tomorrow?

More likely a scripted apology from Boz coming in 3....2....1

But this probably does rule out Boz hosting the Academy Awards

I hate when people feel the need to use sexuality (real or implied) or racial slurs to try and run someone down. Not a fan.

But you know what I am less of a fan of? The idea that people can just rifle through someone's social media and then demand that something happen.

This was a low class move by whoever started the Twitter dive and it would be one thing if they actually found something (crimes, harassment, etc) but to just attempt to run a guy out because he likely isn't a great tolerant person -- even my liberal ass finds that ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    New topic for Radio Ben tomorrow?

More likely a scripted apology from Boz coming in 3....2....1

But this probably does rule out Boz hosting the Academy Awards
    I'm wondering if Radio Ben takes credit for "motivating" James Washington. Or, does he further motivate #13 by commenting that Ben didn't overthrow him, but rather #13 wasn't running fast enough. Another possible topic is how JuJu didn't jump for the football that lead to an INT, or Eli Rogers didn't clear out the zone on the 2nd INT.

You are probably correct on Boz and the Oscars, but maybe he just stands his ground on the comments like Kevin Hart did?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I'm wondering if Radio Ben takes credit for "motivating" James Washington. Or, does he further motivate #13 by commenting that Ben didn't overthrow him, but rather #13 wasn't running fast enough. Another possible topic is how JuJu didn't jump for the football that lead to an INT, or Eli Rogers didn't clear out the zone on the 2nd INT.

You are probably correct on Boz and the Oscars, but maybe he just stands his ground on the comments like Kevin Hart did?
    Kevin Hart's future income stream is a lot less precarious than that of Boz these days and Kevin Hart does not have to answer to a league office that is on top of maintaining its purported image of tolerance and inclusiveness when it is not screwing up investigations of its employees assaulting 19 year old women

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Kevin Hart's future income stream is a lot less precarious than that of Boz these days and Kevin Hart does not have to answer to a league office that is on top of maintaining its purported image of tolerance and inclusiveness when it is not screwing up investigations of its employees assaulting 19 year old women
    So, to paraphrase Coach Tomlin..."the double-standard is the standard". I think that is what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    I was 17 once too and said some not so smart things.

Should I be shot?

Get over it. Everyone was a kid once, let them be a kid and not PC robots.

For Christ's Sake.....literally. Forgiveness first.

You asshole....

OMG......can't believe that came out of my mouth. Ship me to Antarctica.
    You’re calling me an asshole for posting a link?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

That's Gay
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I hate when people feel the need to use sexuality (real or implied) or racial slurs to try and run someone down. Not a fan.

But you know what I am less of a fan of? The idea that people can just rifle through someone's social media and then demand that something happen.

This was a low class move by whoever started the Twitter dive and it would be one thing if they actually found something (crimes, harassment, etc) but to just attempt to run a guy out because he likely isn't a great tolerant person -- even my liberal ass finds that ridiculous.
    This issue has happened to a few other professional athletes this year.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

You’re calling me an asshole for posting a link?
    No, I am not even calling you an asshole. I was demonstrating the absurdity of this entire situation to you, hence the 'ship me off to antarctica' comment.

May the person that has never, ever, in their life had a moment where they were offensive to any other people/place/religion/gender cast the first stone.

That is what I am saying.

It isn't a story. Literally every single person on the face of this Earth has done this thing at some point or another in their own life.

Who Chris Boswell was 6 years ago and who he is now are not the same person. And neither are you. [The only reason someone is trying to destroy Chris Boswell now is because he isn't as adept as he once was at kicking an odd shaped ball. THIS ALONE IS WHAT IS GROSS.]

So, to paraphrase Coach Tomlin..."the double-standard is the standard". I think that is what you are saying.
    Never forget the golden rule - those that have the gold make the rules

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

So glad I’m a nobody.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

These are from 5 years ago when he was in college. NOT a big deal. Who hasn’t done stupid shit in your early 20s?

It’s a dick move on the fans part to try to eat him fired from his job. Those same fans have probably done worse...no doubt.

Were his comments right? Absolutely not but again, what 22 year old is perfectly behaved? Probably very few...

Plus...this guy has the middle name “Lynn”...just saying...

I’ll risk being cut from the forum and say this thread is Gay. “Oh no...I’m a homophobe!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler