Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deletes his Twitter account

Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deleted his Twitter account following the team’s 17-10 victory of the New England Patriots, according to various media outlets.

It’s unclear why he deleted his account

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...witter-account

"Unclear" only if you do not read this site

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    This team is just a magnet for Drama. We don't need it, not now .
    This is nothing.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This week on Days of Our Steelers....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deletes his Twitter account

Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deleted his Twitter account following the team’s 17-10 victory of the New England Patriots, according to various media outlets.

It’s unclear why he deleted his account

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...witter-account

"Unclear" only if you do not read this site
    The writer of that article needs to learn how to use Google...................

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    These are from 5 years ago when he was in college. NOT a big deal. Who hasn’t done stupid shit in your early 20s?

It’s a dick move on the fans part to try to eat him fired from his job. Those same fans have probably done worse...no doubt.

Were his comments right? Absolutely not but again, what 22 year old is perfectly behaved? Probably very few...

Plus...this guy has the middle name “Lynn”...just saying...

I’ll risk being cut from the forum and say this thread is Gay. “Oh no...I’m a homophobe!!!”

I mean, even by teenage/college age standards, this is pretty tame. Using the word "gay" in the schoolyard-insult way when you're joking around is a lot different from like ... actually directing an anti-gay slur at a gay person, which is what some people are acting like he did.

And using the "n-word" ending in "a" is a lot different from the version ending in "er", especially when it looks like it's just quoted from a video or a rapper.

But no - it must be HATE SPEECH! GRRRRRRRR POLITICAL ANGER!!!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    What constitution is that in??
    Imagine a world where you get fired from your job because your boss heard that you have political opinions he doesn't share. Would you think that's right?

I suppose in Utah or some places in the Midwest there are like really fierce conservatives who would love to fire an employee who stated that he supports abortions...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I want to know who the guy is that posted those tweets, so I can rail on him.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Is this serious? It looks to me like a couple of friends getting on each others case about something. It's just the way they talk. Twitter conversations make no sense anyway. It's a "private" conversation between a couple of kids. This is just stupid.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I want to know who the guy is that posted those tweets, so I can rail on him.
    the guy who wrote it is a pole smoker

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I mean, even by teenage/college age standards, this is pretty tame. Using the word "gay" in the schoolyard-insult way when you're joking around is a lot different from like ... actually directing an anti-gay slur at a gay person, which is what some people are acting like he did.

And using the "n-word" ending in "a" is a lot different from the version ending in "er", especially when it looks like it's just quoted from a video or a rapper.

But no - it must be HATE SPEECH! GRRRRRRRR POLITICAL ANGER!!!
    Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

personally I could give 2 shits less .... if its song lyrics /yawn ..... wake me up when he hits someone / shoots at someone / gets nailed with a few pounds of dope in his trunk / drugs some women and then rapes them / makes more than 1 FG in a game .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    wake me up when he hits someone / shoots at someone / gets nailed with a few pounds of dope in his trunk / drugs some women and then rapes them / makes more than 1 FG in a game .....
    at the same time? That would be a hell of a week.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Boz isn't going anywhere, at least this season. Hopefully, he'll get back to the old Boz and I think he will. Tomlin still has hope in him and I'm glad for that.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...ker-126472482/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Honestly this is a non-story seriously. I think we all have gotten drunk and said way worse things on social media or other places when we were in college.

I'm glad I'm not famous, there'd be a lot of drunken rants at age 22 where I would have been called the biggest a-hole on the planet

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

people wanna know why he deleted his Twitter .... well my guess is this is why ......

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    people wanna know why he deleted his Twitter .... well my guess is this is why ......

Some people are poor excuses for human beings.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post

and there's a bunch of them!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    That's part of life
    2 important life lessons I have learned
    1. People are stupid
    2. People are assholes

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That's part of life
    2 important life lessons I have learned
    1. People are stupid
    2. People are assholes
    Which is why I partly am not a fan of modern society, people are getting stupider every day because natural selection doesn't kill off stupid anymore.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    What constitution is that in??
    the 1st amendment. just because it offends you doesnt mean its not freedom of speech.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This reminds me... I really like Eminem.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Which is why I partly am not a fan of modern society, people are getting stupider every day because natural selection doesn't kill off stupid anymore.
    people need a old fashion taken out back everyone is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO brave behind a keyboard

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

What's more offending, that he talked how a lot of people did before everyone was overly sensitive...or that people are telling him to kill himself? I've watched movies from the early 2000's recently that have had much worse language than anything he said. Boo-hoo.

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And this is why Twitter is a toilet.
    All social media and big tech companies are toilets, IG, Twitter, FB, Google, Apple, etc. all toilets, one and all.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

So true that there are a lot of keyboard tough guys.

I read an article over a decade ago that predicted with the increase use of text, email and other forms of non verbal communication that the spoken word would become less talented of a skill or communication form. There is something to be said (or typed ) about having a good ole discussion or disagreement face to face. Eventually it either gets worked out or punched out. Most of the bitches typing this stuff on the internet wouldnt have the guts to say that stuff to somebodys face.

Junior Member Array title="LambertsLunatic58 is an unknown quantity at this point">

FacePalm/ haters gonna hate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So true that there are a lot of keyboard tough guys.

I read an article over a decade ago that predicted with the increase use of text, email and other forms of non verbal communication that the spoken word would become less talented of a skill or communication form. There is something to be said (or typed ) about having a good ole discussion or disagreement face to face. Eventually it either gets worked out or punched out. Most of the bitches typing this stuff on the internet wouldnt have the guts to say that stuff to somebodys face.
    "I"ll sue you!" ....Modern Man's Warcry

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LambertsLunatic58 View Post
    FacePalm/ haters gonna hate

- - - Updated - - -

"I"ll sue you!" ....Modern Man's Warcry
    "Bullying" or "Shaming" are part of that war cry.

As for Boz, I believe what many have said here that what was said by the kid when he was in college, although insensitive and misguided, is pretty much that of a 20 something jock...insensitive and misguided. I wonder why none of these internet tough guys are looking up Tyreek Hill's past and clamoring for his release? If posters don't know, it involves choking the mother of his child unconscious.

The losers that are trying to dig up old social media posts to get the guy released are the scourge of society and someday a few of them will likely win Darwin awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    people need a old fashion taken out back everyone is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO brave behind a keyboard
    everything I say here I say to people in person with no problem. I let my nuts hang