Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is AB near the end?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Is AB near the end?

Did I miss something? Does AB have another 1,000 yard receiving season and a franchise high 13TD catches this season and .............the title of this thread is "is he near the end?"

WTF

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Did I miss something? Does AB have another 1,000 yard receiving season and a franchise high 13TD catches this season and .............the title of this thread is "is he near the end?"

WTF

When I see stuff like this, I just assume the person is posting from a psychiatric ward. There seems to be a lot of people sharing the same rubber room.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I love the whole pouting prima Donna narrative. I question whether people actually pay attention to the game or just see what they want to.

Tonight Brown had a few key blocks. Sure, they were not plant the guy in the turf blocks, but he played hard every down.

Do yourself a favor. Watch him play down in and down out. He plays his role hard every second. First option or decoy, he plays flat out.

Why people want to invent crap to worry about is beyond me.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

You realize that you're asking if a receiver who has 90 receptions, 1100 yards and lead the league with touchdown receptions is done? Seriously? Keep in mind that Juju is also over 90 receptions with over 1200 yards. Along with Vance McDonald and James Conner combining for another 100 catches and 1000 yards between them. NO. AB is not done. Not close

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I love the whole pouting prima Donna narrative. I question whether people actually pay attention to the game or just see what they want to.

Tonight Brown had a few key blocks. Sure, they were not plant the guy in the turf blocks, but he played hard every down.

Do yourself a favor. Watch him play down in and down out. He plays his role hard every second. First option or decoy, he plays flat out.

Why people want to invent crap to worry about is beyond me.
    Exactly. One of the hardest working players we have. If Bud Dupree put the effort into his craft that AB does, we'd actually have a worthwhile linebacker on that side.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Let's just say there's many NFL teams that'd give up 2 first round draft picks for AB in a heartbeat. And if we were to ever make a trade like that our move would be known as one of the stupidest trades of all time lol

AB will be one of the best of all time, if not, the best when his career is all said and done. Feel free to quote me on that in 6-8 years

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Leadership can take many forms. Some of what AB does is not. That is true. But ever wonder why every WR that comes through the team is better year in and year out?

But I'm sure that doesn't come from the top guy setting one heck of an example.

Bottom line is if you had to pick one guy to run one route for all the marbles is there another choice?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    To me, he just doesn't look right. He's now over 30 and the end usually comes quickly. We've likely seen the best of him and it was great, but I see more decline for the next 2 years and then he's gone.
    He bobbled that 2nd pick tonight and on 1 deep ball that Ben badly under threw he didn't make any effort to come back to the ball. He likely picks up a PI if he does as the defender was beat and not looking back.
    Just seems a bit lazy this year to me.
    Just stop

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

................................................................ .......
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Silly thread

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    To me, he just doesn't look right. He's now over 30 and the end usually comes quickly. We've likely seen the best of him and it was great, but I see more decline for the next 2 years and then he's gone.
    He bobbled that 2nd pick tonight and on 1 deep ball that Ben badly under threw he didn't make any effort to come back to the ball. He likely picks up a PI if he does as the defender was beat and not looking back.
    Just seems a bit lazy this year to me.
    I thought the same thing about the underthrown ball, but let's be honest when you're running full speed it's hard to slam the brakes on and come back no matter how old you are.

But as others have said, Juju, McDonald, Eli and even Washington played lights out yesterday. That catch by Washington was the guy I hope we drafted, it was fantastic. And having Eli in as the 4th receiver instead of Switzer who can be tackled by one finger was refreshing.

And I know this is a AB thread, but Samuel's was incredible yesterday. I said it in the GDT I think Conner may be a healthy backup next week.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

"near the end" - no i don't think so. reached full potential/peaked - i think so. doesn't mean he is about to fall off a cliff though. he's still having a great season

i won't be taking him in fantasy football in the top 5 though next year