Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Hits: Patriots* @ Steelers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quick Hits: Patriots* @ Steelers

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Quick Hits: Patriots* @ Steelers

Wait...we beat the Patriots?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If I used a photo of sad Brady as my wallpaper, that still means I'd have to look at his sniveling face every day and want to punch it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Bbbut but...the Patriots* are so much more disciplined than the Steeeeeeelers...........

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Love This!

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Thanks Artie!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Pats still technically haven't clinched their shitty ass division yet either. They will (they still have the Bills and Jets at home), but still

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    But he didn’t call him a number one receiver...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Careful JuJu. It's a trap

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Thanks Artie!
    I don't know. As I watch that it seems Hogan was being handed off to one of the two inside DBs and one of them failed to cover. Tomlin took the blame for this mistake, so I don't think it's Artie's fault. Then again, he didn't really see the field after, so . . .

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

TJ Watt was in Brady's face all game, or close enough to make him hear footsteps. Dude's definitely one of our best draft picks in recent memory. He's gonna be a perennial pro bowler if he keeps this up

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    TJ Watt was in Brady's face all game, or close enough to make him hear footsteps. Dude's definitely one of our best draft picks in recent memory. He's gonna be a perennial pro bowler if he keeps this up
    I agree. I love Watt. He gets so wound up and excited.

- - - Updated - - -

As JuJu would say, "That's lit!"

That was pretty awesome of Belichick to pay that compliment to JuJu. I'm sure JuJu will remember that forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Careful JuJu. It's a trap
    That thought actually went through my mind too. Like, hmmm, what's Belichick up to?

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    conversely, Bud Dupree with one of the biggest disappearing acts in recent memory. Not a single stat on the stat line. Not even an assist on a tackle. ZERO stats for the game. If we hadn't seen him on the TV screen, we wouldn't even be able to tell he played...lol

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Hogan is a scrub but every time he plays us he balls out. If he played us every game he'd break Jerry Rice's records, though.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    conversely, Bud Dupree with one of the biggest disappearing acts in recent memory. Not a single stat on the stat line. Not even an assist on a tackle. ZERO stats for the game. If we hadn't seen him on the TV screen, we wouldn't even be able to tell he played...lol
    He got some decent pressures and (IIRC) 2 drive stopping deflections. He was out there.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    He got some decent pressures and (IIRC) 2 drive stopping deflections. He was out there.
    He came extremely close to picking Brady off once as well.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    He came extremely close to picking Brady off once as well.
    He had a decent game for a guy with a torn muscle and picking up a bone bruise. There was a noticeable drop-off between Dupree and Chickillo. That wasn't there last season. Is Dupree a world beater? Nope and he likely will never perform to his draft status, but he is a legitimate average staring option at the position.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't know. As I watch that it seems Hogan was being handed off to one of the two inside DBs and one of them failed to cover. Tomlin took the blame for this mistake, so I don't think it's Artie's fault. Then again, he didn't really see the field after, so . . .
    True, I thought they were in man coverage and if you look at the play, Burns is on the bottom of the screen, on the Steelers left side of the defense and matched up with Josh Gordon. I think its Haden who is in coverage with Hogan and fails to follow him from the slot and across the field.

Now, if they were in zone and there is some kind of communication about the cross that was missed...that might explain not seeing Burns the rest of the game.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    He did have that one deflected pass that they caught anyway.
    See you Space Cowboy ...