Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pats Victory Gameballs 'n Goats

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Pats Victory Gameballs 'n Goats

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Your right! I just looked it up for the first time ever -- when the heck did Chambers manage to do that? I remember him dropping as many as he caught and being hurt all the time!

So much for my memory!
    I don't think you are a Badgers fan then.

Google up some Chris Chambers video and you see he has the same kind of build, long striding, deep threat ability that Washington showed in college. I saw teams work out Washington in the slot in Senior Bowl week and he was fine there and looked OK across the middle. Kind of like the one catch he had over the middle yesterday.

Maybe Ben gains some confidence with him going forward, but long term we have to hope that if Rudolph pans out, he and Washington will have great rapport.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I don't think you are a Badgers fan then.

Google up some Chris Chambers video and you see he has the same kind of build, long striding, deep threat ability that Washington showed in college. I saw teams work out Washington in the slot in Senior Bowl week and he was fine there and looked OK across the middle. Kind of like the one catch he had over the middle yesterday.

Maybe Ben gains some confidence with him going forward, but long term we have to hope that if Rudolph pans out, he and Washington will have great rapport.
    Fair enough! I remember Chambers slicing teams up in the Big 10, but then have this impression of him catching about 35-40% of his passes in the NFL and being hurt almost as much as he was on the field.

Again, I don't always remember what I had for dinner yesterday, so almost assuredly I got more than a bit wrong!

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Game ball to the entire team.
    I'm giving the goat to Brady..... rumor has it that he likes them.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Good points. ALso I figure that I rant and rave on here enough that I should own it.

What I found the most encouraging with that overthrow is that Washington and Ben "read" the same thing. Ben just overthrew him. But both guys were thinking the same way. Earlier in the year, the ball would go outside while Washington went inside or Washington would break the route off while Ben wanted it to continue vertical, etc. Encouraging.

Also, how he ripped that ball down on the big pass play was very heartening to see. At his size/speed that will have to be his "go to" move. Washington will be able to get NFL open on most DBs, but he won't be running 5 steps free and just settle under deep balls. He is going to have be the master of the contested catch.
    Yes and that is what most said of him coming out of college. Goes up and gets the football on deep routes very well. I saw the Chris Chambers comparison a few times for you Badger fans out there. Below is Mike Mayock eval.

60. James Washington, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers

What this young man is is a vertical finisher. He gets on top, stacks you and he's got as good ball skills on the deep ball as any player I've seen in college football recently. He's got the arm length of a 6-foot-6 guy. I think he's got a little bit of tightness in intermediate routes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nds-23-results
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He and Rogers. If they play like that and continue to grow, that’s a nice, nice, nice receiving group! I really think given the opportunity and if he can stay healthy that Rogers could be an Emmanuel Sanders type player.
    Eli looked healthy like in 2016. Add in the Farmer (Washington) and you've got some good options for Ben.

AB
    Juju
    Washington
    Eli
    Switzer

Vanimal
    Outlaw

Conner
    Samuels

No wonder this is the end for AB.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Sheesh. I hate them. I'd rather have the Bumblebees than those. Of course, these were my favorite throwbacks, so what do I know?
    Do you really? I love the color rush unis. I also love the bumble bees.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I agree, good list of gameballs, although not sure Eli.

I also agree the coaching is bad. NFL countdown this am pointed out that the Steelers appear to have abandoned the run game since week 12. They also pointed out that the last 2 teams prior to the STeelers to defeat the Pats ran the football for approx. 200 yards per game. Boomer Esiason pointed out the Steelers success in gaining 82 yards in the first half, but on limited carries and they should run the football in the 2nd.

But what happened?? A lot more pass heavy offense and seemingly routes designed for 40 yard gains on 2nd and 9, or 1st and goal from the 4 and not getting any points. Fichtner is terrible at feeling when something like the run game is working for him and exploiting an advantage with the opposing defense.
    I will give the coaching staff props on Samuels though. He ran much better this week than he did in previous weeks. He totally looked coached up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sheesh. I hate them. I'd rather have the Bumblebees than those. Of course, these were my favorite throwbacks, so what do I know?
    Lol. You’re in that “the Uglier the Better” camp. Barry Foster looked good in that uniform.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I will give the coaching staff props on Samuels though. He ran much better this week than he did in previous weeks. He totally looked coached up.
    I agree, that yesterday he looked to keep his feet moving at contact where in the past he has just stopped...that should be getting coached up. I also saw him accelerate to the edge during a pull and earlier, he seemed tenetive.

I still believe that the O line can get any decent back yardage and has proven it with Samuels, Conner or Bell. When the O line gets a chance in the run game, the Steeler run the ball well.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Lol. You’re in that “the Uglier the Better” camp. Barry Foster looked good in that uniform.
    I'm a fan of the Batman throwback uni's.

Apparently nobody in the organization is, tho'

And yeah, Jaylen Samuels looked great yesterday! My biggest beef with Conner is he's cavalier with how he holds the football, but I noticed that Samuels went to great lengths to protect it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

That one looks like a soccer uniform lol

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post

And yeah, Jaylen Samuels looked great yesterday! My biggest beef with Conner is he's cavalier with how he holds the football, but I noticed that Samuels went to great lengths to protect it.
    I liked the way you sort of brought that back around to the thread topic.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Makes no sense to lose to the Raiders then beat the Pats plus holding them to 10 points who saw that coming?
    But again, the Steelers D didn't really hold the Pats to 10 points. The Pats did that to themselves. 100 yards + of drive killing penalties and several critical dropped passes that hit open receivers right in the numbers.
    That is not to say that the D didn't make some critical plays, mind you... but honestly the crowd noise gets as much credit for this win as the Steelers D.

Which reminds me: Game ball to the fans in attendance at Heinz Field.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

But again, the Steelers D didn't really hold the Pats to 10 points. The Pats did that to themselves. 100 yards + of drive killing penalties and several critical dropped passes that hit open receivers right in the numbers.
    That is not to say that the D didn't make some critical plays, mind you... but honestly the crowd noise gets as much credit for this win as the Steelers D.

Which reminds me: Game ball to the fans in attendance at Heinz Field.
    But the drive killing penalties came why? Had our defensive line not had the jump on them, had they not be pressuring Brady, then the O line wouldn't have been so jumpy. One or two I can write off to O line error, but that many? Our D Line got into their (actually, his, as it was primary one person, right?) heads. So, no. I give that to the Steelers.

But the drive killing penalties came why? Had our defensive line not had the jump on them, had they not be pressuring Brady, then the O line wouldn't have been so jumpy. One or two I can write off to O line error, but that many? Our D Line got into their (actually, his, as it was primary one person, right?) heads. So, no. I give that to the Steelers.
    The false starts mainly came from crowd noise and trying to get snaps off quickly because it was catching our D off guard. Show a look, shift the formation, then snap it before the defense is ready. They did it because it worked, but they got a little too cute and sowed confusion on their side. The dropped passes because of lack of preparedness. I'll give our D credit for the holding calls, but no. I do not for one second believe that the false starts happened because they were scared of our pass rush.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

While we had sufficient pressure to be a nuisance for parts of the game, I really did not think it was anything special that would make them "afraid" or get into their heads. We've put on that kind of pressure against them many times before and gotten nothing but a kick in the face for our efforts. They really just looked less coordinated and less skilled this time. And fuck you with a fuckin' anchor.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

When Watt shows an obvious pass rush alignment and the OT takes a kick slide step a beat early how in the world can you not see a connection?

There was on where Chick-fil-A got the tackle to false start by glaring at him real hard. I expected the ref to announce the flag as a false start and two for flinching.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

When Watt shows an obvious pass rush alignment and the OT takes a kick slide step a beat early how in the world can you not see a connection?

There was on where Chick-fil-A got the tackle to false start by glaring at him real hard. I expected the ref to announce the flag as a false start and two for flinching.
    I just think they aren't that good this year. Maybe Watt in particular was causing them trouble, but overall they jjst looked sloppy and undisciplined. Uncharacteristic of the Patriots, but possible when you've got bigger problems.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

There is no way that a Belichick-coached team is less than perfect. Ever. He wins with the worst talent in the NFL, because he urinates the cure to cancer.

Obviously, yesterday, Belichick told his RT to false start four times, because Belichick is playing the long con.

Likewise, he had Brady only score one FG in three red-zone trips, because he is saving all of his scoring plays for the playoffs.

Lastly, Belichick’s defense, which wins on moxie alone (no talent needed), gave up their longest drive of the season, in order to boost Big Ben’s confidence (so that Ben will get cocky).

SUMMATION:
    Belichick planned for the Steelers to win.

The team was selling those on the website for the longest time...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    While we had sufficient pressure to be a nuisance for parts of the game, I really did not think it was anything special that would make them "afraid" or get into their heads. We've put on that kind of pressure against them many times before and gotten nothing but a kick in the face for our efforts. They really just looked less coordinated and less skilled this time. And fuck you with a fuckin' anchor.
    Except, we didn't cover on the backend as well as did this time outside of one previous game and two passes in this game. So that extra half a second Brady holds it means the margin of error for his linemen has just been halved. Then, we started a player that has an unbelievable motor and it starts causing some issues, as well as having all three guys on the line being healthy and playing good. And I'm going to punch you right in the balls.

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Yes. Steelers coaching is horrible. Including today. That game should’ve been won by 10-14 points more. Easily. Yet they can’t get out of their own way. As far as the “challenge” that saved a timeout, it was dumb luck that Tomlin threw a challenge flag on a play that couldn’t be challenged and was called wrong on the field. Lol.
    You can thank Ben and Boswell for the game not being won by 10-14 points, a missed chip shot and two give aways on bad decisions trying to squeeze throws into small windows. The FG alone makes it a 10 point win which is what you are looking for.

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Gotta give props to the fans in the stands they wreaked havoc with the Oline of the Pats causing many false starts
    No goats, a blown coverage, a few bad decisions by the coaching staff and Ben and that's about it

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Istina View Post
    Gotta give props to the fans in the stands they wreaked havoc with the Oline of the Pats causing many false starts
    No goats, a blown coverage, a few bad decisions by the coaching staff and Ben and that's about it
    Sounded loud over TV... still 3k short of capacity. What's wrong with the folks in Pittsburgh?!

Except, we didn't cover on the backend as well as did this time outside of one previous game and two passes in this game. So that extra half a second Brady holds it means the margin of error for his linemen has just been halved. Then, we started a player that has an unbelievable motor and it starts causing some issues, as well as having all three guys on the line being healthy and playing good. And I'm going to punch you right in the balls.
    That's basically it - pressure was all right, but we played tighter coverage (better man coverage, less fuckin stupid zone) and all together that worked way better. Kind of the same as last year when it mostly worked and we should've won the game (did win it if you ask me), except this year the Patriots are worse and I also don't think we had Haden for that game.

What I don't think is that it was a result of us having such a fierce pass rush that they were scared. Just everyone did their job well, and also the Patriots were sloppy and bad.
    See you Space Cowboy ...