Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pats Victory Gameballs 'n Goats

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Pats Victory Gameballs 'n Goats

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    ???? Coaching?

You mean the coaching that held the Patriots* to seven points? The coaching that had run plays that literally tricked every single defensive player but one? I can think of three bad plays. The blown coverage, which Tomlin says was his fault. And, the two zone coverage plays at the very end of the game that allows the Pats* to drive. Other than that, this game was very well coached. Brady and Belicheat* got them once with a quick change and quick snap. That's all. That means adjustments were made on the fly and issues fixed.

Unless you expect perfection, I really don't get how you can label the coaches goats today.
    The coaches that waste challenges on calls that are clearly correct? The coaches that have no killer instinct? The coaches that can’t scheme to get the best WR in the league open? Sure he’s being double teamed...it’s funny how other teams can move their number one to the slot and work him open. Not here. The coaches that got schooled in time management at the end of the half? Maybe the coaches that run schemes that leave WRs run with no one with in a 10 yard radius? Or maybe the coaches that opt not to cover the safety valve receiver and the opposing QB literally runs through his progressions twice before deciding to dump to an open safety valve that still wasn’t covered? Coaching is far from satisfactory...lol. You can sit and spin it however you want but the coaching has been bad and it’s been bad all season. If not for a great play by Haden, this game may have ended a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

As do I. But I also want to know where the gameplan for shutting down Gronk came from. Whoever did that should stay or get hired.
    Gronk looks like he's done.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Jaylen Samuels was huge in the limited opportunities he had.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Brady looks like he's finally on the decline as well.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

???? Coaching?

You mean the coaching that held the Patriots* to seven points? The coaching that had run plays that literally tricked every single defensive player but one? I can think of three bad plays. The blown coverage, which Tomlin says was his fault. And, the two zone coverage plays at the very end of the game that allows the Pats* to drive. Other than that, this game was very well coached. Brady and Belicheat* got them once with a quick change and quick snap. That's all. That means adjustments were made on the fly and issues fixed.

Unless you expect perfection, I really don't get how you can label the coaches goats today.
    O give the coaches a pass this week, there were some bad moments but they seemed to finally have a plan on game day. I really hope this is a sign that Tomlin is taking more control over the defense

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

I have to say, I don't remember the last time I saw a Pats team make that many mistakes.
    A lot of penalties, a bad red zone pick, and several dropped passes.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Gameball to Tomlin for bringing in a position coach that helped us beat the Patriots.
    Gameball to this defense for putting enough pressure on Brady to make him make some bad throws today.
    Gameball to the OLBs for keeping everything up the middle.
    Gameball for a good tackling day.

Goat to the announcers for bringing up the James catch about 50 times.
    Goat to Boswell and his shitty leg.
    Goat to all the negative fans that just knew we would lose today.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

As do I. But I also want to know where the gameplan for shutting down Gronk came from. Whoever did that should stay or get hired.
    I have a feeling it was probably Jim Herrmann.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Game balls: Samuels, Washington and Haden.
    Goats/Cut them: Burns and still Boswell (1 for 2 is not redemption).

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Yep said that last week watching him stumble over himself trying to tackle the Miami guy. To many hits on him.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Gameball to Tomlin for bringing in a position coach that helped us beat the Patriots.
    Gameball to this defense for putting enough pressure on Brady to make him make some bad throws today.
    Gameball to the OLBs for keeping everything up the middle.
    Gameball for a good tackling day.

Goat to the announcers for bringing up the James catch about 50 times.
    Goat to Boswell and his shitty leg.
    Goat to all the negative fans that just knew we would lose today.
    I'll take the goat and be happy. These Steelers gave me no reason to expect a win , but I'm always glad when they do. Years past I would always expect a win but this season has broke me.

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Correction: Tomlin says in his PC that the blown TD coverage wasn't Burns' fault, but rather his personally.
    12 men on the field? I didn’t see Tomlin our there.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yeah...wouldn’t be surprised if this was his last season. Quite a few teams have shut him down this year.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Brady looks like he's finally on the decline as well.
    Gronk, who they tried to trade last summer, Brady, and Edelman have all fallen off. I'm surprised they made as much of a game of it as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The coaches that waste challenges on calls that are clearly correct? The coaches that have no killer instinct? The coaches that can’t scheme to get the best WR in the league open? Sure he’s being double teamed...it’s funny how other teams can move their number one to the slot and work him open. Not here. The coaches that got schooled in time management at the end of the half? Maybe the coaches that run schemes that leave WRs run with no one with in a 10 yard radius? Or maybe the coaches that opt not to cover the safety valve receiver and the opposing QB literally runs through his progressions twice before deciding to dump to an open safety valve that still wasn’t covered? Coaching is far from satisfactory...lol. You can sit and spin it however you want but the coaching has been bad and it’s been bad all season. If not for a great play by Haden, this game may have ended a different way.
    And what about the challenge when the ref mistakenly called the play did due to a whistle. It saved us a timeout because the ref then had to stop the game (which gave us time to change the subpackage). Yet, we didn't lose a timeout. Killer instinct? So, you wanted Ben, who has shown himself to throw bad INTs pretty regularly late in games to throw the ball rather than kill the clock (and by the way, killing the clock in the end won the game). Best WR open? everyone whines and complains that we feed the ball to Brown. How much more if we design the gameplan around Brown when we have JuJu as well? We had four or so r eceivers that all caught about the same number of passes today. Sorry, I just don't buy it. When you have the talent this team has, you let them take out one player with double and triple teams because it opens your almost as talented second receiver. When they take both, you hit your third receiver who, while just coming back, has historically been a very reliable receiver for us. I don't buy this reason at all. As for WRs running free. Yep. Of course, we're going to ignore the Pats* had to pull out every stop in their bag of tricks, and in the end, it still wasn't enough. That was a beautifully designed play on the TD by the Pats*. On the other open receiver, two of our players collided. Seriously (not snarky, really asking the question) have you watched much football outside of the Steelers this year? I've watched a little, but open receivers are more the rule than the exception anymore. It's part of the new NFL.

Talking about spinning it... you're taking perhaps the second or third best-coached game against the Patriots the Steelers have played since Brady and Belicheat* took over and somehow thinking it is a complete disaster because it wasn't perfect. Because they didn't play the way you or I wanted them to (ground out the clock vs. throwing, which I again remind you actually won the game in the end as the Pats had to play with a very short clock, which means rushing their plays and having no timeouts).

Sorry, but no. Last week's game? Sure. Week before that? Sure. Week before that? Yep. I'll even go with the win in Jax. But today? Not even close. You have unreal expectations for today's NFL if you think today's coaching job was horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I'll take the goat and be happy. These Steelers gave me no reason to expect a win , but I'm always glad when they do. Years past I would always expect a win but this season has broke me.

Yep, I'm pretty much in the same camp. I fully expected a loss today.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Samuels game ball, goat Boz

And what about the challenge when the ref mistakenly called the play did due to a whistle. It saved us a timeout because the ref then had to stop the game (which gave us time to change the subpackage). Yet, we didn't lose a timeout. Killer instinct? So, you wanted Ben, who has shown himself to throw bad INTs pretty regularly late in games to throw the ball rather than kill the clock (and by the way, killing the clock in the end won the game). Best WR open? everyone whines and complains that we feed the ball to Brown. How much more if we design the gameplan around Brown when we have JuJu as well? We had four or so r eceivers that all caught about the same number of passes today. Sorry, I just don't buy it. When you have the talent this team has, you let them take out one player with double and triple teams because it opens your almost as talented second receiver. When they take both, you hit your third receiver who, while just coming back, has historically been a very reliable receiver for us. I don't buy this reason at all. As for WRs running free. Yep. Of course, we're going to ignore the Pats* had to pull out every stop in their bag of tricks, and in the end, it still wasn't enough. That was a beautifully designed play on the TD by the Pats*. On the other open receiver, two of our players collided. Seriously (not snarky, really asking the question) have you watched much football outside of the Steelers this year? I've watched a little, but open receivers are more the rule than the exception anymore. It's part of the new NFL.

Talking about spinning it... you're taking perhaps the second or third best-coached game against the Patriots the Steelers have played since Brady and Belicheat* took over and somehow thinking it is a complete disaster because it wasn't perfect. Because they didn't play the way you or I wanted them to (ground out the clock vs. throwing, which I again remind you actually won the game in the end as the Pats had to play with a very short clock, which means rushing their plays and having no timeouts).

Sorry, but no. Last week's game? Sure. Week before that? Sure. Week before that? Yep. I'll even go with the win in Jax. But today? Not even close. You have unreal expectations for today's NFL if you think today's coaching job was horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I'm pretty much in the same camp. I fully expected a loss today.
    Yes. Steelers coaching is horrible. Including today. That game should’ve been won by 10-14 points more. Easily. Yet they can’t get out of their own way. As far as the “challenge” that saved a timeout, it was dumb luck that Tomlin threw a challenge flag on a play that couldn’t be challenged and was called wrong on the field. Lol.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yes. Steelers coaching is horrible. Including today. That game should’ve been won by 10-14 points more. Easily. Yet they can’t get out of their own way. As far as the “challenge” that saved a timeout, it was dumb luck that Tomlin threw a challenge flag on a play that couldn’t be challenged and was called wrong on the field. Lol.
    they could win win the SB and you'd complain that they didn't win by enough.LMAO, how did Tomlin screw today up. Did he throw one of the two pics, did he miss the FG. Gronk normally eats them alive, as well as backs on check downs. Didn't happen today. They gave up 2 big plays to WR's against the GOAT qb. Shit happens. So its Tomlin fault when they give games away, but when they win he's at fault because they didn't win by enough. I admit I went overboard on Ben last week but some of you are impossible to please. Enjoy the win, only one team gets to win the SB anyways. You cant win the SB if your not in the playoffs. Steelers have been consistently in.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a game of inches, Vance non TD because foot out by 3 inches, JUJU's catch ripped away by defender on last drive. Tomlin has no control of that.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The Patriots record not only just dropped, Le'Veon Bell's value did as well. Conner's backup with a monster day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    they could win win the SB and you'd complain that they didn't win by enough.LMAO, how did Tomlin screw today up. Did he throw one of the two pics, did he miss the FG. Gronk normally eats them alive, as well as backs on check downs. Didn't happen today. They gave up 2 big plays to WR's against the GOAT qb. Shit happens. So its Tomlin fault when they give games away, but when they win he's at fault because they didn't win by enough. I admit I went overboard on Ben last week but some of you are impossible to please. Enjoy the win, only one team gets to win the SB anyways. You cant win the SB if your not in the playoffs. Steelers have been consistently in.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a game of inches, Vance non TD because foot out by 3 inches, JUJU's catch ripped away by defender on last drive. Tomlin has no control of that.
    86WARD is cool, just a bit frustrated (as am I). Instead of having the division wrapped up and holding starters out in Week 17 (and out of harm's way from that cheapshotting POS Burfict), they're still going to have to go balls to the wall just to make it in.

Happy for the win today, but still pissed as hell that they shit the bed against the worst team in the league last week.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

You mean Father Time? He did a great job on Gronkowski today from the look of it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

So long TB12:

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

???? Coaching?

Can’t be one of the cool kids unless you bag on coaching no matter what. Anything good is attributed to players and all bad things are charged to coaching.

Also the other team makes mistakes, that is just on them not on anything the Steelers are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You mean Father Time? He did a great job on Gronkowski today from the look of it.
    Well, to be fair, they did actually cover him this time around...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Three dropped passes. Yeah, those hurt, but one of them I think was actually tipped by a Steelers defender although nothing was made of it. The penalties were almost all pre-snap motion penalties because the Steelers were getting off the ball fast. Those are forced errors, IMO, and can be attributed to the defense.
    Plus, on Josh Gordon’s drop, he looked at Sean Davis right before the ball got there. That is the epitome of “hearing footsteps.”

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This. The problem with games like this is that the bad stuff gets masked. I still want a major shakeup in the defensive coaching at the end of the season (at a minimum), and now it probably won't happen.

THIS
    ..................THIS................THIS.................THIS...............THIS
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Jaylen Samuels was a beast ..... was a fan of the pick but he was better today than even I thought he could /would be ...... its 1 game but he looks promising
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Jaylen Samuels was a beast ..... was a fan of the pick but he was better today than even I thought he could /would be ...... its 1 game but he looks promising
    I think he will be even better next year. He needs to go through the patented system that Bell and Conner did of losing weight and remaking his body to retain strength but increase quickness.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

'76 hit the nail on the head.

While it was nice to finally slay the dragon, this is still the very same team that blew three winnable games, including doing it's annual shitting the bed to the Raiders, who was just crushed today.

Butler, Porter and the rest of the Defensive coaching staff need to be let go, and I'm not convinced Mike Tomlin will lead this team to anywhere meaningful in January. Wins like this mask the issues on this team. Ben threw two more terrible picks, Fichtner is still way too pass happy, and the offense underachieved big time outside of Juju and Samuels, and the special teams is still inferior.

Pats Victory Gameballs 'n Goats

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Nah not really. When the coaching is good it’s good. I’ve always been a Tomlin supporter and still am. They aren’t finding much better out there than what they have in Tomlin. He makes some awful calls at times and the coaching today just wasn’t good in my opinion. The OC and more so DC aren’t great. Butler is a disaster. The offense (other than the first drive) looked very sloppy in the pass game and a week in week out they continue to run short button hook routes that are covered. I mean how many plays are actually run the way they are diagramed? The 3rd & 9 play was, again, a total bust but Samuels got loose and Ben found him. They are a better team when the run game is going and they can street ball the pass game. Ben makes great throws, receivers make a great catch...more or less, that’s the offense. Defense is a sieve unless they get pressure in before the QB can throw...how many receivers have we seen wide open in the last three weeks and it continued today. If not for a great play by Haden, could be a totally different outcome.

Danny Smith just sucks all around.

Hopefully this is a launching point for everyone involved on this team to make a serious run, but no one should have the confidence that this could be seriously done.

Would you be surprised if they beat the Saints next week and then lost to the Bengals? Or even lost to the Saints and Bengals? I mean maybe this was the Steelers Super Bowl?

BTW - I was also one of the few who predicted they’d win this game.