Thread: The Browns . . . Have Playoff Hopes?

The Browns . . . Have Playoff Hopes?

Currently, there's just a few minutes left in the Browns' game and they are looking as though they just might beat the Broncos. If they do, they have a path to the playoffs. It's a bit obscure, but not as bad as some. They have to in out. Of course. The Chargers need to beat the Broncos in week 16. Miami has to lose two games. The Titans have to lose two games and then beat the Colts who also lose one of their next two games.
    Of course, the Ravens have to lose, but they play the Browns and the Chargers before that.

Wouldn't be interesting if they actually made it. When was the last time the Browns were playing significant games in December (even if their chances are slim)?

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: The Browns . . . Have Playoff Hopes?

Stupid Browns should have kick the field goal

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Stupid Browns should have kick the field goal
    Naa, I think it was a good call. Team is deep in their own end with no time outs and under 2 minutes to play. How often have we seen a kickoff return change the game or give good field position? Go for it and put the game away. If you don't, it's still a very long field to drive.

AND . . . they won. Wow. Browns' hopes are still alive!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Never thought I'd root for rh browns.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Naa, I think it was a good call. Team is deep in their own end with no time outs and under 2 minutes to play. How often have we seen a kickoff return change the game or give good field position? Go for it and put the game away. If you don't, it's still a very long field to drive.

AND . . . they won. Wow. Browns' hopes are still alive!
    Yep, worked out for them. I still think I would have kicked the FG. I'm no coach though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Never thought I'd root for rh browns.

Yeah, me too. I really hope they get good again. I can't wait to hate them again instead of just pity them.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Browns win out. Steelers lose remaining three...quite possible. Ravens lose remaining three...possible and very possible if they lose to Tampa. Browns win AFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Had the Browns not messed up game-winning kicks against the Saints and the Raidahs, and if the refs hadn’t given the Chargers a W against them, the Browns would be 9-4-1... and leading the AFC North.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Had the Browns not messed up game-winning kicks against the Saints and the Raidahs, and if the refs hadn’t given the Chargers a W against them, the Browns would be 9-4-1... and leading the AFC North.
    Yes a few things they could be easily leading division.

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, NOW the Browns are officially eliminated from the playoffs

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

All hopes have been flushed down with the brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

LOLing at Elway for not even trying to make a play for Mayfield and overpaying Keenum.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...ng-after-draft

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Jesus Christ never mind, they are STILL alive. The division is just out of reach

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/...5-cb50c5f836c9

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

One more win and they're at .500, the Brahhns!

Though to be totally honest they'd be a team I'd totally hate to play right now. Their arrow is definitely pointing up and they won't be a cake walk game any more. They seem to have found their franchise QB

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    One more win and they're at .500, the Brahhns!

Though to be totally honest they'd be a team I'd totally hate to play right now. Their arrow is definitely pointing up and they won't be a cake walk game any more. They seem to have found their franchise QB
    Until the next staph infection, or the next coach gets fired, or one of their up and coming stars gets banned for a year or more for drugs, or . . . . A Cleveland Browns' fan is a true diehard football fan. How else can they put up with all the abuse and heartbreak?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Well, NOW the Browns are officially eliminated from the playoffs
    They are still alive.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Until the next staph infection, or the next coach gets fired, or one of their up and coming stars gets banned for a year or more for drugs, or . . . . A Cleveland Browns' fan is a true diehard football fan. How else can they put up with all the abuse and heartbreak?
    They're definitely moving in the right direction. If the coaching is reasonable, they've got solid talent and more draft picks coming. It's a good situation for someone. I think the Bengals will continue to go downhill and they Browns will move up into respectability.