Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL week 15

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Around the NFL week 15

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    So those 4-5 calls are the same as the 9 that the Chargers got and 3 that directly lead to 17 points being scored. Did the refs make an excuse that our long snapper has moved the ball his whole career so they aren't going to start calling it now? Did they miss a blatant false start that everyone watching the game saw yet they somehow missed it and yet later before the game was over say they blew the call but wasn't anything they could do about it? How bout the block in the back on a return that sprung the return guy for a TD? What were the 4-5 calls that the Steelers got that equal those blatant calls?
    Point is people are saying a Steelers don’t get calls yet they’ve gotten quite a few over the season. The refs have been bad both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Around the NFL week 15

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Likewise, if the Chiefs had won this game (which they were supposed to), they’d have basically locked up the #1 seed.
    I don’t know...division game against the Chargers...that’s not a gimme...just like the Steelers/Ravens isn’t a gimme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    NFL doing whatever it can to give NE the #1 seed
    If that was true the refs would have found something on that end of game Dolphins play to call it back

Consider the possibility all the sketchy calls are because the refs are bad - since Roger Goodell would screw up a one car funeral he cannot organize a conspiracy to benefit the Pats team he screwed over with Deflategate

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Point is people are saying a Steelers don’t get calls yet they’ve gotten quite a few over the season. The refs have been bad both ways...
    Yep. I watched the whole KC/LA game. They were atrocious both ways.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Saying it was a "gifted win" isn't at least strongly implying that?
    yeah Good point I was simply fixing something someone said and did not read that when I replied. I will say they did do everything they can to give that 1ame to them. 17 points directly off non calls is a lot to overcome even for a great team, and I have always said Great teams over come bad officiating. Also the game winner came on a non call as well. Finally I am also only talking about the game against the Chargers not any other game.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The point was not weather or not the Steelers get calls the point was the NFL is giving the Chargers calls. The Chargers got the calls in Cleaveland and it was cause for a ref to be fired. They did it in our game as well and it lead to 17 points. One was the very same call that the ref got fired for in the Cleaveland game. Yes teams get calls and it usually equals out but 17 points directly off non calls and some of those were so blatant that there is no excuse for how they were not called. I have always said the great teams over come bad officiating so we aren't a Great team on that day. I still love the explanation that the long snapper is allowed to move a ball pre-snap because he's been doing it his entire career and they aren't going to start calling it now. That is a new one on me.

As for the game against the chiefs I didn't watch it at all so was completely going on something someone else stated.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Texans barely beat the Jets 29-22. Texans are nothing but a mirage. They are not contenders. If they want to go to the AFC Championship game they better hope for the weakest 6th seed possible then hope for the Chiefs who they may have a chance against. The Pats and Chargers would destroy this team. They are what the Steelers were last year, a byproduct of a weak schedule. Bill O Brien isn't a good coach either, he is a slightly richer and unentertaining version of Marvin Lewis. Worse yet for the Texans, O Brien's job security is probably a little stronger this season. They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl with him as head coach.

Change my mind

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Texans barely beat the Jets 29-22. Texans are nothing but a mirage. They are not contenders. If they want to go to the AFC Championship game they better hope for the weakest 6th seed possible then hope for the Chiefs who they may have a chance against. The Pats and Chargers would destroy this team. They are what the Steelers were last year, a byproduct of a weak schedule. Bill O Brien isn't a good coach either, he is a slightly richer and unentertaining version of Marvin Lewis. Worse yet for the Texans, O Brien's job security is probably a little stronger this season. They aren't sniffing a Super Bowl with him as head coach.

Change my mind
    The spread started at 6.5 then went to seven. They win by 7, on road in December. Good teams find ways to win unlike Steelers lately. You don’t have to play perfect for 16 weeks. With that D line and healthy Watson with Hopkins they coul beat anybody. I don’t see them favored on road but with no mobility Rivers and Marsha could struggle. I have never been enamored by O’Brien as coach but he seems like a great guy, I always root for him due to watching story about his son. I actually think Chiefs would be tougher matchup due to Mahomes mobility.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Never thought I would route for the browns but fuck the donkeys

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    The spread started at 6.5 then went to seven. They win by 7, on road in December. Good teams find ways to win unlike Steelers lately. You don’t have to play perfect for 16 weeks. With that D line and healthy Watson with Hopkins they coul beat anybody. I don’t see them favored on road but with no mobility Rivers and Marsha could struggle. I have never been enamored by O’Brien as coach but he seems like a great guy, I always root for him due to watching story about his son. I actually think Chiefs would be tougher matchup due to Mahomes mobility.
    Steelers found a way to win the close games last year against the inferior teams, and look what happened. High end talent can only get you so far as we should all know by watching our own team. The Texans can't beat New England or any truly elite team when it matters and Big Brother Watt routinely disappears like clockwork in the biggest games

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m rooting for the Chiefs and Texans to get the #1 and #2 seeds (since the Steelers likely won’t get either spot). I do NOT want the Taperiots getting more than the #3 seed. That extra game is one more chance for an upset.

The Taperiots haven’t made it to the Super Bowl without being the #1 or #2 seed... since those tapes got destroyed.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Home field is a HUGE advantage in playoff football. With the Steelers being an exception? I think we seem to play better with our backs against it.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Looking forward to watching AP vs the Jag's D this week.

Packers/Bears week with very little hype. Still going to be a great game.

Buccs need to find a way to score against the Ravens. Healthy Flacco scratch is intriguing.

Pats fall to the Steelers today. And it's not even going to be close. Steelers win by 21.

Cowboys vs Colts will be a fun game to watch too I think.

Saints/Panthers is another rivalry game to keep an eye on.

The sad sack Bengals are capable of kicking the sorry Raiders asses to the tune of a 14-0 lead, but genius Tomlin can't beat them. LOL

Ravens give up another big play on 3rd and 20. 1st down Buccs.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Ravens give up another big play on 3rd and 20. 1st down Buccs.
    Lamar has thrown some awful passes in this game. Bucs are giving them a game. I could see Chargers beating them as well as the Browns. Lots of football left.

Ravens up 10-9 at half. Get the ball to start 2nd half. Need Buccs to pick it up some 2nd half.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m rooting for the Chiefs and Texans to get the #1 and #2 seeds (since the Steelers likely won’t get either spot). I do NOT want the Taperiots getting more than the #3 seed. That extra game is one more chance for an upset.

The Taperiots haven’t made it to the Super Bowl without being the #1 or #2 seed... since those tapes got destroyed.
    This^^^^^

Merry Christmas

Bengals about to beat the Raiders, wow even Marvin Lewis with a backup QB can find a way to get it done

Merry Christmas

Damn Bucs couldn't get it done, Raven offense as is , is not going very far. Third defense best keep them in games

Merry Christmas

Bengals have the Raiders at home and still struggling. 7pt game with 5mins to go. Not exactly a dominant performance.

Bengals have the Raiders at home and still struggling. 7pt game with 5mins to go. Not exactly a dominant performance.
    doing it with a back up QB and a back up RB without star WR, yeah not dominant.

I'd like to think we could have beat the raiders at hienz, but I have my doubts

Merry Christmas

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Bungals 30
    Raiders 16

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bad day for Steelers so far for reasons other than the Ravens win

Colts beat Cowboys and Titans beat Giants - both go to 8-6

Colts at home to Giants and Titans at home to Washington next week before Colts @ Titans in week 17

One of those teams is very likely to go 10-6 so if Steelers win 2 of final 3 to finish 9-6-1 that likely will not get a wild card

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

After losing to the worst team in the league last week, the Steelers don't deserve to go to the postseason. Besides, missing the playoffs will hopefully force some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    After losing to the worst team in the league last week, the Steelers don't deserve to go to the postseason.
    Agreed - that Raiders loss probably and deservedly is going to get some coaches fired

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    doing it with a back up QB and a back up RB without star WR, yeah not dominant.

I'd like to think we could have beat the raiders at hienz, but I have my doubts

Are you saying you would rather have Marvin Lewis over Mike Tomlin? Because that's what your post seems to indicate.

"Bengals about to beat the Raiders, wow even Marvin Lewis with a backup QB can find a way to get it done"

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agreed - that Raiders loss probably and deservedly is going to get some coaches fired
    Hope so. Maintaining the status quo won't cut it.

They just said the Raiders don't have a home for next season yet. I thought the move to Vegas was a done deal.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

They just said the Raiders don't have a home for next season yet. I thought the move to Vegas was a done deal.

Stadium wont be complete until 2020