Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winds of change ...........

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: winds of change ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    its looking like Mike Hilton has been demoted to scout team reps and Cam Sutton is moving to the slot .... this is the answer from Butler and Tomlin on our defensive woes Bench the guy whom has been the best cover man for most of the season ( 2 poor games last 2 weeks ) but over all still the best cover guy on the team .....

I do not see this ending well
    I’m sure it will be based on “game flow.”
    Last edited by DesertSteel; 12-13-2018 at 05:32 AM.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Since it may be his last performance for a full house at Heinz I guess Butler is going to play all of his greatest hits on defense

Maybe they can bring back Antwon Blake and Brandon Boykin as well to get the whole band of misfits together one last time

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Lmao! Artie Burns! Tom Brady approves this move. Go coach Tomlin & Butler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

if this does not prove this coaching staff is fucking clueless nothing does
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Replacing who? Sensabaugh? I mean both of them suck but Sensabaugh isn't a head case like Artie Burnt.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

If Burns is going to play it means the Steelers are already looking ahead to the draft and next season.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Burns Sutton and SenasBaugh should be cut. I’d rather see three street free agents Out there than that trash.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

eh burns or senselessbaugh, both of them suck

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

This reeks of panic and desperation. If Burns is a liability on Sunday the Steelers have clearly admitted that they have no answers on defense. There will a coach or two looking for work in January.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Might as well spot the pats 7 points if Artie is playing. That is a guaranteed 50 yard PI call waiting to happen.

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Might as well spot the pats 7 points if Artie is playing. That is a guaranteed 50 yard PI call waiting to happen.
    7 might be a tad short.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Tomlin said in the presser that changes would be made and most folks probably wouldn't even notice...

If Artie Burns is the "tweak", I'm pretty sure everyone's gonna see that. Brady already scripted 10 plays today... [same call]

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
    7 might be a tad short.

Way short. 17 minimum if Burns is playing a full game. 2 major PIs and whatever he gives up not defending passes...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

if this does not prove this coaching staff is fucking clueless nothing does
    At this point all they can do is throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks.

It's late in the season, they are who they are.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

At this point all they can do is throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks.

It's late in the season, they are who they are.
    Shit on the wall... shit on the field. Nice analogy. I approve this message.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Shit on the wall... shit on the field. Nice analogy. I approve this message.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Brady is going to have a field day on Burnt Burns. Here's how it will go for 4quaters holding, PI, TD, PI, holding, TD,TD PI, holding. Game over, Pats win. Next NO. Maybe Tomlin can run out on the field and trip Gronkowski

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Brady picks apart the zone.

People want man coverage.

We draft Burns, because he can play man. You know who else is really good at man: Sutton. I’m guessing that we are actually going to see man coverage (just like everyone has been asking for).

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

We draft Burns, because he can play man. You know who else is really good at man: Sutton. I’m guessing that we are actually going to see man coverage (just like everyone has been asking for).
    ya know what? I don't need to see man coverage all the time. I know this defense is built around zone coverage schemes, BUT they've got to be able to play SOME man to be able to disrupt the rhythm of ANY QB that understands this defense. ON TOP of that, it's not just man coverage but being able to jam receivers at the line on some plays. THIS is what they don't do and the reason that regardless of how good our pass rush is, it never makes a difference to Brady. We rush, we blitz, whatever. Brady takes a 3 step drop, hits a receiver that's open the moment the play starts and bam...they're 7-10 yards down the field and we do the same thing again...or more aggravating, he throws to a WR who's been given a 10-12 yard cushion at the line (even on 3rd and 5) who runs 6-7 yards stops and is wide open. They've got to be able to switch it up. It doesn't have to be every play, but it has to happen enough that they cause some doubt and hesitation.

Along with man coverage, you have to get pressure in Brady’s face. No pressure and man coverage will fail...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Seems the Steelers have accepted this season as a shitshow and are just doing whatever they can do at this point to minimize the bleeding.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    ya know what? I don't need to see man coverage all the time. I know this defense is built around zone coverage schemes, BUT they've got to be able to play SOME man to be able to disrupt the rhythm of ANY QB that understands this defense. ON TOP of that, it's not just man coverage but being able to jam receivers at the line on some plays. THIS is what they don't do and the reason that regardless of how good our pass rush is, it never makes a difference to Brady. We rush, we blitz, whatever. Brady takes a 3 step drop, hits a receiver that's open the moment the play starts and bam...they're 7-10 yards down the field and we do the same thing again...or more aggravating, he throws to a WR who's been given a 10-12 yard cushion at the line (even on 3rd and 5) who runs 6-7 yards stops and is wide open. They've got to be able to switch it up. It doesn't have to be every play, but it has to happen enough that they cause some doubt and hesitation.
    True
    Just like the Taperiots disrupted the Colts receivers in 2003 (bringing about a rule change). It threw Manning off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Along with man coverage, you have to get pressure in Brady’s face. No pressure and man coverage will fail...
    That’s actually the ONLY important factor. Brady eats up zone and man; he can beat blitzes; but, pressure in his face is his Achilles heel.

Javon Hargrave has been so, so close to making some game-changing plays recently. He’s on the cusp of breaking out... but, not being greedy, I’d settle for a well-timed sack (or three).

True
    Just like the Taperiots disrupted the Colts receivers in 2003 (bringing about a rule change). It threw Manning off.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s actually the ONLY important factor. Brady eats up zone and man; he can beat blitzes; but, pressure in his face is his Achilles heel.

Javon Hargrave has been so, so close to making some game-changing plays recently. He’s on the cusp of breaking out... but, not being greedy, I’d settle for a well-timed sack (or three).
    They are going to win Sunday...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

So implant the team's worst CB into the starting lineup against a team that effortlessly passes against us every season? Classic Tomlin move.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    So implant the team's worst CB into the starting lineup against a team that effortlessly passes against us every season? Classic Tomlin move.
    You don't see this as the perfect solution to our coverage woes?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Unless, of course, they are going to do what we've all been crying for the last few years and play man coverage—the only coverage pretty much everyone agrees Burns can play.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Unless, of course, they are going to do what we've all been crying for the last few years and play man coverage—the only coverage pretty much everyone agrees Burns can play.
    Has to be and no other reason to put that moron on the field. Tomlin is unleashing hell on the Pats! Playing Burns and Sutton!