Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Thing I know I will Be Doing . . .

One Thing I know I will Be Doing . . .

I think a bit of levity would be nice this week. So, what is something you know you will be doing when it comes to Steelers football for the rest of the season?

I KNOW I WILL BE . . .

Not watching the game live. My heart can't take it. NFL Gamepass is my friend.

(EDIT: Oops, mods, could you change the title to One thing... Sorry).

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Re: One Thing I know I will Be Doing . . .

I know I will be marketing some "Cardiac Cant's" merch for this years team

Last year we won the games that went down to the wire...this year not so much.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Watching the games. I can't help it. I have to...Yes I'm a glutton for punishment.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I couldn't see not watching it live and enjoy my 3 hours of entertainment a week and treat it like a WWE PPV.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I'm going to watch our last three games this year live. I really don't think we're going to make the playoffs at 8-7-1.

I fully expect to lose this week, so anything else will be a pleasant surprise. Let's face it will a middle of the pack team with this defense and coaching staff.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I'm going to watch our last three games this year live. I really don't think we're going to make the playoffs at 8-7-1.

I fully expect to lose this week, so anything else will be a pleasant surprise. Let's face it will a middle of the pack team with this defense and coaching staff.
    Been my thoughts for a while. I'll take any win but won't expect it. Makes my BP stay normal LOL

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

My father is the same way. So stressed. I’m not sure that he actually enjoys watching the games. (So, I get it, Craic.)

I live for the thrill of the unknown; it’s what makes sports so exciting. Win or lose, I love every minute of my Steelers games.

And, where my father goes from “even-keeled to angry” my emotional range is the opposite; I go from “even-keeled to joyous”. It’s not that I don’t expect the Steelers to win (I actually expect them to win every game); it’s just that I take bad plays (and bad games) in stride. I don’t know why; it’s the way I go about the rest of my life, as well... Like, if I were to step in dog poop, I’d see the positive as being: “I know I’ll take care of it and not track it into the house... whereas, if someone else had stepped in it, they might not have been so careful in cleaning it up.”

15 years ago, a Steelers fan on a long-gone site used to refer to me as “puppies & rainbows.” I still email him every week, and at some point, he will make a reference to my outlook on life.

#epitomeofoptimist
    #glassishalffull
    #justhappyforhavingaglassatall

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Watching the games, recording them and probably re watching some plays that impress me with whatever blocking, backpedaling, hand placement, block protection that catches my eye.

I have been a Steeler fan for almost 40 years and while I am passionate about the team and the game of football....its just a game and I have a lot more important things going on in life to do than get stressed out about why Keith Butler wants to cover WR's with ILB's, or Randy Fichtner wants to abandon the run game against poor run defenses.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Oh I'll watch, I have no expectations though. I don't expect this team to even make the playoffs but it'd be awesome if they could win against the pats to spoil their 1st round bye.

Sad that my expectations this year turned from championship to spoilers but eh lol. Knowing this year's Steelers, we will win either vs NE or NO to get our hopes up a lil just to wet the bed vs Cincy

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’ll be watching them all...miserable as I have been for they other 13 games...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I have new tile to be laid on the fireplace hearth ... Sunday is as good a day as any ..

its been put off long enough anyways lol
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

if weather is nice I will record game and play golf. If they win I will watch. I was pissed I wasted last sunday by watching Ravens/Chiefs then Steelers game while it was 64 and sunny and passed on day of golf and drinking some cold ones. although I still drank the coldies.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Can’t not watch the Steelers and patsies

want to see if this team has any fight left in them. A victory over the pats would be sweet. Would hate to miss that.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Can’t not watch the Steelers and patsies

want to see if this team has any fight left in them. A victory over the pats would be sweet. Would hate to miss that.
    We are blessed to be so spoiled.

Imagine how the Browns fans would feel if their team was leading the AFC North right now.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

There is a line from a baseball movie(The Rookie, maybe) that strikes a chord in this conversation to me. His team mates are grumbling and complaining about how bad the season is going and the main character stands up and says something along the lines of, "C'mon guys, we get to play baseball today". As El Gonzo and Teegre have said, this is a game. That's all it is. If you are truly stressing about this to the point of it's making life miserable, it's time to take a break and re-evaluate.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

To those who are going to watch the game on Sunday, please make a list of events where the Steelers get out coached.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    There is a line from a baseball movie(The Rookie, maybe) that strikes a chord in this conversation to me. His team mates are grumbling and complaining about how bad the season is going and the main character stands up and says something along the lines of, "C'mon guys, we get to play baseball today". As El Gonzo and Teegre have said, this is a game. That's all it is. If you are truly stressing about this to the point of it's making life miserable, it's time to take a break and re-evaluate.
    What I don't get! What fun is it watching it after you know the outcome ? To each their own though!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    What I don't get! What fun is it watching it after you know the outcome ? To each their own though!
    I don't understand your question I guess. Are you talking about rewatching the Raiders game? (I wouldn't enjoy that either) Or watching the game this week? (Nobody KNOWS the outcome, that is the enjoyment) The point is it's just a game. Watch it and enjoy the day. Believe it or not, nothing is forever and this NFL will one day be gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't understand your question I guess. Are you talking about rewatching the Raiders game? (I wouldn't enjoy that either) Or watching the game this week? (Nobody KNOWS the outcome, that is the enjoyment) The point is it's just a game. Watch it and enjoy the day. Believe it or not, nothing is forever and this NFL will one day be gone too.
    My point is why would you want to watch it for the first time, not live after you know the outcome ? I use to flip out over games many years back and now just enjoy the entertainment each week win or lose. I'll bitch for a few minutes if they lose but then I'm fine 15 minutes later. It is just a game and this scene is how I take it .

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I'll likely be shoveling horse shit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I know it sounds strange but Ive done it before and if you watch a game knowing you won there is no stress. Ive been so pissed the last 3 weeks and just don't want to go through it again. If Im driving home from golf course and see they won I will be in the best mood possible and will sit down with cocktails and enjoy watching the cheaters go down. It will be three hours, because I will listen to commentary of enjoyment. If they lose I will watch UFC and get geared up for college bowls and future draft prospects. I will never give up hope until they are eliminated but this year being realistic just don't see how they get by Marsha or Brees with our secondary. Like a lot of you on here, when Steelers lose my home life is effected as pathetic as that sounds.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I used to stress over the games big time. That all stopped in 2001, I think it was. We had just lost to the *s in the AFC championship game. I was heart broken. I felt as if someone I loved had just died. Then I looked back to the T.V. and there was Bettis and Ward yucking it up with a few * players. I couldn't believe it. That loss hurt me more than it did the team. From then on it was just a game.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

My point is why would you want to watch it for the first time, not live after you know the outcome ? I use to flip out over games many years back and now just enjoy the entertainment each week win or lose. I'll bitch for a few minutes if they lose but then I'm fine 15 minutes later. It is just a game and this scene is how I take it .
    I love that movie.

The scene that I always reference is where the kid owes him $20. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I love that movie.

The scene that I always reference is where the kid owes him $20. Brilliant.
    Yep great advice was given about the $20! Shame the older kid, pretty much the star in the movie became a Wannabe gangster in real life and murder someone.

I don't know the outcome. I am able to stay away from the scores and talk of the game until I go to gamepass and watch it. Why gamepass? Because what drives me up the proverbial wall is the Steelers being in a third and twenty with 03:20 left in the game and the Steelers down 10 points but on the other team's 30 yard line, and then I have to sit through 3 minutes of commercials because Ben calls a time out.

I just watch the game with all dead time cut. This way, it's play. Play. Play. Penalty. Play. and so on and 38 minutes of sports isn't dragged on for 2.5 hours. If the Steelers are up by 24 and their defense is playing well, I don't mind it. But the way they're playing now? No thank you. Get the suspense over with and show me the collapse or near collapse as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't know the outcome. I am able to stay away from the scores and talk of the game until I go to gamepass and watch it. Why gamepass? Because what drives me up the proverbial wall is the Steelers being in a third and twenty with 03:20 left in the game and the Steelers down 10 points but on the other team's 30 yard line, and then I have to sit through 3 minutes of commercials because Ben calls a time out.

I just watch the game with all dead time cut. This way, it's play. Play. Play. Penalty. Play. and so on and 38 minutes of sports isn't dragged on for 2.5 hours. If the Steelers are up by 24 and their defense is playing well, I don't mind it. But the way they're playing now? No thank you. Get the suspense over with and show me the collapse or near collapse as soon as possible.
    Cool but very hard not to hear the final score after the game unless you live in a isolated booth.. Me I prefer the watching it live performance no matter the outcome. I enjoy the three hours and commercial breaks between the drama of the game. Again to each and their own but I'll always watch the games live. No matter the status of the teams record.

Ps. I also like watching the game live and BS with others on here in the Game Day Thread at times. Point being guess we are all different and as long as we enjoy watching Steelers games is all that matters!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    My father is the same way. So stressed. I’m not sure that he actually enjoys watching the games. (So, I get it, Craic.)

I live for the thrill of the unknown; it’s what makes sports so exciting. Win or lose, I love every minute of my Steelers games.

And, where my father goes from “even-keeled to angry” my emotional range is the opposite; I go from “even-keeled to joyous”. It’s not that I don’t expect the Steelers to win (I actually expect them to win every game); it’s just that I take bad plays (and bad games) in stride. I don’t know why; it’s the way I go about the rest of my life, as well... Like, if I were to step in dog poop, I’d see the positive as being: “I know I’ll take care of it and not track it into the house... whereas, if someone else had stepped in it, they might not have been so careful in cleaning it up.”

15 years ago, a Steelers fan on a long-gone site used to refer to me as “puppies & rainbows.” I still email him every week, and at some point, he will make a reference to my outlook on life.

#epitomeofoptimist
    #glassishalffull
    #justhappyforhavingaglassatall
    LOL I love this and I find myself kind of in the middle. I too expect them to win every game, but have to admit that I take some losses a bit harder than others.

As for me the one thing I will be doing...I will make sure the defibrillator is in good working condition and strap my seat belt on and make sure I keep my hands inside the ride at all times. Hopefully I won't get sick on the roller coaster ride this time. I know my heart will be beating out of my chest, but isn't that the life of being a Steelers fan.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Not getting my hopes up...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    LOL I love this and I find myself kind of in the middle. I too expect them to win every game, but have to admit that I take some losses a bit harder than others.

As for me the one thing I will be doing...I will make sure the defibrillator is in good working condition and strap my seat belt on and make sure I keep my hands inside the ride at all times. Hopefully I won't get sick on the roller coaster ride this time. I know my heart will be beating out of my chest, but isn't that the life of being a Steelers fan.
    It’s a bigger adrenaline rush than skydiving!!!