Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Thing I know I will Be Doing . . .

Re: One Thing I know I will Be Doing . . .

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It’s a bigger adrenaline rush than skydiving!!!
    True. However, I just don't like the rides that go fast for a few minutes. Then stop for two or three minutes. Then go fast for a few more minutes. Then stop and wait while the track workers determine if someone did something wrong and needs to be admonished before they let the car roll down the tracks again.

I prefer to go on an all-out forty-minute balls-to-the-wall roller coaster that doesn't let you catch your breath until it's over.

(BTW - anyone know what "balls to the wall" references? It's military slang for pushing planes to full throttle and beyond. ball of the stick gets pushed all the way forward until it hits the bulkhead).

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    True. However, I just don't like the rides that go fast for a few minutes. Then stop for two or three minutes. Then go fast for a few more minutes. Then stop and wait while the track workers determine if someone did something wrong and needs to be admonished before they let the car roll down the tracks again.

I prefer to go on an all-out forty-minute balls-to-the-wall roller coaster that doesn't let you catch your breath until it's over.

(BTW - anyone know what "balls to the wall" references? It's military slang for pushing planes to full throttle and beyond. ball of the stick gets pushed all the way forward until it hits the bulkhead).
    My buddy used to DVR games, and start them an hour in... and, like you, he’s speed through the game. It was a different way to watch games: play, play, play... not my favorite way, but interesting nonetheless.

As as far as “balls to the wall” goes. Whew!!!... I was afraid it was a lemon party reference.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    My buddy used to DVR games, and start them an hour in... and, like you, he’s speed through the game. It was a different way to watch games: play, play, play... not my favorite way, but interesting nonetheless.

As as far as “balls to the wall” goes. Whew!!!... I was afraid it was a lemon party reference.
    Actually, that's exactly what I used to do as well. DVR the game, then speed through all the commercials and the like. I'd even hit the +30 second jump at the end of plays. It's one of the few things that sucked about the Steelers going away from the three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-mediocrity football. At least then they'd use it the entire play clock, which gave me a few seconds of leeway!

Lemon Party. You, sir, are in need of serious help!

So, as it turns out the game is being aired locally. So, I'm going to end up watching the stupid thing live!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

More than one thing: watching the game, shouting loud enough to send the cat running out of the room, berating players for dumb mistakes, expecting Brady to carve us up, keeping up with the comments on game day, and having a vodka or two to ease the pain.

Hey, maybe a Christmas or Festivus Miracle will happen.