Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers to hold open kicker tryouts

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers to hold open kicker tryouts

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Hire Suisham as the ST coach.
    I’d do it in a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Hire Suisham as the ST coach.
    Please stop....kickers aren't even football players, they are kickers. If you aren't a football player then you really aren't a coach.

A kicker could IMO consult on technique to kick a football, but I cant recall any of them that I think would be able to coach kickoff coverage schemes, returns, blocks, fake kick assignments, technique of defeating block on coverages, etc.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Please stop....kickers aren't even football players, they are kickers. If you aren't a football player then you really aren't a coach.

A kicker could IMO consult on technique to kick a football, but I cant recall any of them that I think would be able to coach kickoff coverage schemes, returns, blocks, fake kick assignments, technique of defeating block on coverages, etc.

Sheesh, I was kidding!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Danny Smith isn’t a good special teams coach either.

Chris Boniol and Shayne Graham have been involved with coaching special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    We would have to start a Fire Pepsyman thread then.
    THAT would guarantee me employment for AT LEAST four seasons!