Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers to hold open kicker tryouts

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Steelers to hold open kicker tryouts

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Kai Forbath was ousted in Minnesota. Let’s give him a shot...
    Someone making those decisions agrees

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Garo!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Everyone available right now is going to come with his share of concerns ... but of course, remember the initial reaction to Boswell's signing, it was pretty much a big WTF because he looked like a downgrade if anything over where we were before.

Right now we are at Kris Brown / Todd Peterson levels of performance, and that's not going to work.

As far as I know, Shaun Suisham isn't doing anything these days - is he not able to kick anymore after his injury, or just nobody thought of him?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Everyone available right now is going to come with his share of concerns ... but of course, remember the initial reaction to Boswell's signing, it was pretty much a big WTF because he looked like a downgrade if anything over where we were before.

Right now we are at Kris Brown / Todd Peterson levels of performance, and that's not going to work.

As far as I know, Shaun Suisham isn't doing anything these days - is he not able to kick anymore after his injury, or just nobody thought of him?
    I think Sushi's injury was a career ender.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...back-with-knee

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m surprised that Jeff Reed hasn’t weighed in. Really. He likes to troll Steelers kickers whenever they hit a slump...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Can we have DC tryouts?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No point in replacing a mess
    With a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Can we have DC tryouts?
    I"M gonna try out in that case. All my play calls will come crowd sourced from Steelers Universe! lol

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    I"M gonna try out in that case. All my play calls will come crowd sourced from Steelers Universe! lol

We would have to start a Fire Pepsyman thread then.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

wish they would have brought this kid in ....

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

wish they would have brought this kid in ....

Nothing there.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Can we have DC tryouts?
    why stop there, why let Tomlin and Smith think their shit doesn't stink.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Nothing there.

https://vimeo.com/283785729

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Boz is shattered - no way Tomlin can send him back out and expect him to make a kick

“It’s mechanical, it’s mental, it’s a mixture of everything,” Boswell said. “You’ve just got to figure it out as you go and find something that works for you. Something that works for me, won’t be something that works for somebody else. So, it’s just kind of figure myself out and coming back from this.”...

“I came here off the street. I was cut many times before that and I’ve always kind of had my back against the wall since coming out of college. So, that’s the position I’m in right now and we’ll just see what happens from here.”

But it will not be that bad a cap hit to let him go, which is soon where this sad story will end up

Cutting Boswell now would result in a $4.8 million dead money salary cap charge in 2019. However, the Steelers would only essentially lose just $600,000 in salary cap space next season by cutting Boswell now as he is currently scheduled to count $4.2 million against the cap in 2019.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/bo...of-everything/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

We wasted far more on Burnett.

Steelers to hold open kicker tryouts

Kai Forbath is on hold and practicing with the team on Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    We would have to start a Fire Pepsyman thread then.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Boz is shattered - no way Tomlin can send him back out and expect him to make a kick

“It’s mechanical, it’s mental, it’s a mixture of everything,” Boswell said. “You’ve just got to figure it out as you go and find something that works for you. Something that works for me, won’t be something that works for somebody else. So, it’s just kind of figure myself out and coming back from this.”...

“I came here off the street. I was cut many times before that and I’ve always kind of had my back against the wall since coming out of college. So, that’s the position I’m in right now and we’ll just see what happens from here.”

But it will not be that bad a cap hit to let him go, which is soon where this sad story will end up

Cutting Boswell now would result in a $4.8 million dead money salary cap charge in 2019. However, the Steelers would only essentially lose just $600,000 in salary cap space next season by cutting Boswell now as he is currently scheduled to count $4.2 million against the cap in 2019.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/bo...of-everything/
    Sounds about right, Boz is shattered and Tomlin can’t play him but it’s looking like he may play Artie Burnt Burns. Talk about mechanical and mental! Good plan, fix a few 3 and extra point problems and give up 7 points or PI’s on nearly every series.
    Last edited by Shoes; 12-13-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I told my brother to drop Boswell from his FF team in week 2. A kicker without confidence is as good as trash

I wonder if Boswell might become the first player to ever get voted to the pro bowl and cut by his team in the same year

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Someone thought of him

Those who can kick - those who can’t come back to coach the kicker

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Someone thought of him

Those who can kick - those who can’t come back to coach the kicker

Is he going to chew extra gum in Bos' face??

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Can't post a tweet right now but the Steelers are bringing in Shaun Suisham to work with Boswell.

Suisham is gonna teach Boz proper tackling technique so we can hire a new kicker soon

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Can't post a tweet right now but the Steelers are bringing in Shaun Suisham to work with Boswell.
    Hire Suisham as the ST coach.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

If nothing else, this season has been entertaining.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

AJRII must be wondering why he is paying coaching salaries when he has to bring in Suisham to help Boz (anyone see Danny Smith?) and a former Giant, Jet, Colt LB coach Herrmann to help Tomlin and Butler.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    AJRII must be wondering why he is paying coaching salaries when he has to bring in Suisham to help Boz (anyone see Danny Smith?) and a former Giant, Jet, Colt LB coach Herrmann to help Tomlin and Butler.
    Time for changes on the staff.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

I'm still surprised Kickalicious Harvard Rugland never got a real shot with anyone. Never missed in any of the preseason games he played for Detroit. Never played in regular season. Never figured out why.