Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answer me this...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Answer me this...

Who is going to cover Gronk?

Take your time. I know this is a real head scratcher.

Re: Answer me this...

We don't live in our fears nor do we live in our yesterdays. Our coverage will be a next-man-up coverage based on what Butler understands of the process.

I . . . what? Gronk? We have plenty of LBs that can cover him.

Good, because I sure as anything can't do it.

What? Our LBs? Oh, bloody hell. Here we go again.

*In a sing-song voice* You can't blame this one on me-e-e-e You can't blame this one on me-e-e-e.

================================================== ==================
    Last edited by Craic; 12-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

N. Body can cover Gronk.

We'll stick double Linebacker coverage on Julian Edelman though.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

42-17 final.

Gronk 187 yards, 2 TD's.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Right Gronk will have a big like usual wide open in the middle of the field.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Let's fool the Patriots and put no one on him... Oh that's right, that's the usual plan.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Likely LJ Fort and Jon Bostic.

Its becoming apparent that the gameplan is to put an ILB on the teams most impactful receiver if they lineup in the slot. Should take the Buttler meter well beyond Jeeves level 9.

I would try and bracket him in zone with somebody like Watt underneath and Davis/Edmunds/Burnett over top. In Man coverage I would again go with a safety like Davis or Edmunds and have help shaded his way. Problem is that Edelman should be able to be productive if you double Bro.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Good news is that Gronk isn’t as good as he once was...but these are the kinds of games that can get him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

How to cover a physical pass-catching tight end? Whatever you do, don't put an extra safety in the game specifically to deal with him. No, that would never work. I mean, it's not like safeties tend to be better at coverage than linebackers but more physical than an extra CB. Nope, that's not how that works at all. And in any case, it's not like we have three safeties on the roster who are supposed to be starter-caliber players. Geez, whoever would suggest such a thing must clearly be out of their minds. Better just use Bostic and hope he suddenly learns how to run twice as fast. That's the winning strategy for sure.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Leave him open like the previous games.

Duh.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Maybe Gronk will be out with an injury. I say we plan for that.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Another question would be what are the Patriots going to do with Gronk? Playing him at free safety didn't seem to work.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Another question would be what are the Patriots going to do with Gronk? Playing him at free safety didn't seem to work.
    Has worked better than Morgan Burnett at Safety or Artie Burns at CB.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Good news is that Gronk isn’t as good as he once was...but these are the kinds of games that can get him back on track.
    He looked old and slow trying to tackle the Miami guy on the last play.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’d bracket Gronk with Dupree and a DB. Dupree is the only LB althetic enough to cover Gronk. Dupree might not be able to rush the passer very well, but he’s the type of physical freak that can cover that other physical freak.

Note: Watt is athletic enough, but I want him doing his normal stuff.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

He will get his catches and Steelers offense just need to be on their game. Would be nice to hand them a loss and knock their chances out of the number 2 seed. How many times have we seen The Pats make the SB without being the 1 or 2 seed ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    he's looked old and slow all season.

- - - Updated - - -

He will get his catches and Steelers offense just need to be on their game. Would be nice to hand them a loss and knock their chances out of the number 2 seed. How many times have we seen The Pats make the SB without being the 1 or 2 seed ?
    They've never gone to the Super Bowl having to win on the road in the playoffs.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

if it isnt gronk it will be hogan/edelman killing us like allen did

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I think he at too many Tide pods at halftime.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I think he at too many Tide pods at halftime.

Damn!!! I hate that stupid commercial

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

They've never gone to the Super Bowl having to win on the road in the playoffs.
    I was at the 2004 AFCCG at Heinz Field where they cheated their way into the Super Bowl. Fuckin frozen beer and everything, the only thing we had that we could still drink was Jagermeister and Rumplemintz. Really added to the general mood for that game.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I was at the 2004 AFCCG at Heinz Field where they cheated their way into the Super Bowl. Fuckin frozen beer and everything, the only thing we had that we could still drink was Jagermeister and Rumplemintz. Really added to the general mood for that game.
    lol...I forgot about that...kinda blocked it out of memory...

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

On 1st and 2nd down I wouldn't do anything special but on the get off downs, I'd double him in some fashion and force Brady to go to his 2nd or 3rd option. If the defensive line can get some pressure in Brady's face that will go a long way to defending Gronk and the Patriots in general. Brady and Gronk are going to get some yards and catches, Ben and his group are going to have to score TDs, FGs won't be good enough. The defense at some point will have to make a big play on 3rd or 4th down, INT, fumble, something to have an impact. The game is at home and that's a plus.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Right, in six games against the Steelers Gronkowski has caught 40 passes for 664 yards and 8 touchdowns. Yep on track real fast.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Istina View Post
    On 1st and 2nd down I wouldn't do anything special but on the get off downs, I'd double him in some fashion and force Brady to go to his 2nd or 3rd option. If the defensive line can get some pressure in Brady's face that will go a long way to defending Gronk and the Patriots in general. Brady and Gronk are going to get some yards and catches, Ben and his group are going to have to score TDs, FGs won't be good enough. The defense at some point will have to make a big play on 3rd or 4th down, INT, fumble, something to have an impact. The game is at home and that's a plus.
    That is how you beat Brady. Outside pass-rush doesn’t really faze him, but pass-rush right up the middle is his Achilles heel. Javon Hargrave has been on the brink of making a game-changing play... maybe this is the game where he breaks out. Heck, I’ll take a well-timed sack.

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

This game will end with us losing by 1.

So many ways this game can play depending on which Steelers team shows up.

Up by 9 at the half or down by 13.

Win the game by 17 or lose by 1 via field goal in the final seconds by the Putz.

Each game we have played thus far has been a roller coaster.

I love my Steelers, but I am absolutely over the roller coaster ride.

Would love if the Steelers who played Carolina shows up each game for the next 6 games, but I'm a realist and know we have a greater ability (yes correct word) of losing the next 3 than winning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

This is one of the weakest Patriots teams the Steelers have faced in years and they've, the Pats, have lost 4 road games. Further, Gronk is no longer Gronk, while Edleman looked better against Miami he still dropped a couple of passes. Further still, Brady's age is finally showing, or he's hiding an injury. Hard to tell which, but something isn't right.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    This is one of the weakest Patriots teams the Steelers have faced in years and they've, the Pats, have lost 4 road games. Further, Gronk is no longer Gronk, while Edleman looked better against Miami he still dropped a couple of passes. Further still, Brady's age is finally showing, or he's hiding an injury. Hard to tell which, but something isn't right.

Yes and the Steelers have just lost to the Raiders again

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    42-17 final.

Gronk 187 yards, 2 TD's.
    Almost identical to my pick of 41-20

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk