Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Does Ben R Think and Do the Rooneys Care?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: What Does Ben R Think and Do the Rooneys Care?

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    So given perdormance in previous week. Does Rudolf get a helmet and Dobbs sees the bench?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    No, I don't think so. Rudolph is still a rookie that hasn't seen any NFL reps and likely still has some mechanics issues that can be improved. Does anybody really think this team can win the SB right now? So they sure aren't going to win it with a backup who's best asset is his running ability and a Rookie that hasn't seen anything more than 4 preseason games. I still am optimistic that Rudolph will emerge from next summer training camp as the backup QB.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I'm not sure you want to hear from a non Steelers fan, but I'll give my .02 anyway.

Ben is a very, very good QB.... probably #4 right now, after Brady, Brees and Rodgers. Personally, I would take him over the other 3. He's big. He's accurate, He's a tough as nails, old school FOOTBALL PLAYER.

I think Steelers fans EXPECT too much from their team and players because of past success. The NFL is full of very good players. It also has other good teams other than the Steelers. I understand the expectations ( I'm a 51 years Raiders fan.... I remember how good they were). There isn't much that separates Superbowl winners from non winners.

Look at it this way........ you have a competitive team almost every year. There are other franchises that aren't competitive most years, let alone every year. You are fans of a special team... enjoy it! It won't last for ever!..... nothing does.
    You are so right, we are a spoiled bunch.
    What I don’t get is this, if you believe Ben may be the fourth best QB in the game today, why would you take him over the three you rank ahead of him?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    You are so right, we are a spoiled bunch.
    What I don’t get is this, if you believe Ben may be the fourth best QB in the game today, why would you take him over the three you rank ahead of him?
    I would take him over the other 3 because he is a more complete player, IMO. Rodgers is probably the most gifted/skilled QB playing right now. That is again just my opinion. Brady plays well in the system he's in. Brees would do well anywhere with protection.

Ben can do what the others can't, IMO. He can extend plays and make something out of nothing. He can take a hit and get up and do it again. He can throw the ball down field accurately most of the time............ I just feel he's more of an old school, tough football player, which appeals to me. He reminds a lot of Stabler.... just bigger.