Thread: Rocky Bleier Lays it out there

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Rocky Bleier Lays it out there

when Rocky speaks people listen and the powers that be would be wise to listen

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Rocky Bleier Lays it out there

facts

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

God damn right Rock! Accountability! Who is going to step up and show a pair of balls?! Changes need to happen, stop shrugging it off and brushing it under the rug! C’mon Art wake up and lay down the law!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Wow how dare Rocky for calling out the Steelers in public like that.

All sarcasm aside way to go Rocky, and well stated. That last statement is exactly how I am feeling right now.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That was actually more reasonable than I was expecting. But still light on reasons and analysis.

Every "critique" I see, hear, read, etc on the Steelers centers around the idea that they just have such a talent imbalance that they should blow teams off the field. Since they aren't doing that, someone needs to go.

I don't totally disagree, but the last handful of years (especially 2017 and 2018) have a Manning era Colts feel. Sure they can score points. Sure they can rush the passer. But what if the game doesn't go that way? What if you don't get up 2+ scores early and then sack the other team into oblivion? Well, you get beat in a close game or you win a close game? Sound familiar?

There isn't some magic coaching tactic, motivational ploy, or mental exercise that gets this team over the hump. They need a teardown and re-think on defense -- along with an infusion of playmaking talent. Just like the Manning era Colts did.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Tomlin! How dare Bleier speak against that holy name! Ban him!! Tomlin apologists on this forum rise up with your pitch forks!

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Tomlin! How dare Bleier speak against that holy name! Ban him!! Tomlin apologists on this forum rise up with your pitch forks!
    I demand a "Like" button be added on this forum so I can Like this post!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

rocky speaks the truth. i know they're gonna lose the next 2 weeks. they can never beat the pats and saints O is too good

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That was actually more reasonable than I was expecting. But still light on reasons and analysis.

Every "critique" I see, hear, read, etc on the Steelers centers around the idea that they just have such a talent imbalance that they should blow teams off the field. Since they aren't doing that, someone needs to go.

I don't totally disagree, but the last handful of years (especially 2017 and 2018) have a Manning era Colts feel. Sure they can score points. Sure they can rush the passer. But what if the game doesn't go that way? What if you don't get up 2+ scores early and then sack the other team into oblivion? Well, you get beat in a close game or you win a close game? Sound familiar?

There isn't some magic coaching tactic, motivational ploy, or mental exercise that gets this team over the hump. They need a teardown and re-think on defense -- along with an infusion of playmaking talent. Just like the Manning era Colts did.
    It is hard to win games in the NFL. PERIOD. Not playing together as a team all on the same page makes it even harder. I put most of the blame on the players. I give the credit to the players when the Steelers are winning. Need more 'football players' to step up these last 3 games.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Rocky forgot about the dunce that coaches STs. How long until somebody calls him a racist?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

fairweather ass fan! oh wait thats a steelers legend, nevermind

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Yep Mr. Negative, travels the country giving negative motivational speeches. Hell we know more about the Steelers here at SU. I mean how dare this guy call out two coaches and only one player. Probably why this thread sunk to the bottom so fast.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    It is hard to win games in the NFL. PERIOD. Not playing together as a team all on the same page makes it even harder. I put most of the blame on the players. I give the credit to the players when the Steelers are winning. Need more 'football players' to step up these last 3 games.
    I agree. The defense isn't winning the LOS battle, so Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, etc need to be better IMO. The offense could be winning the battle on the line, but most of the time they are left to be the nail in pass protection, rather than the hammer in the run game. I put that on gameplanning and play calling. The Steelers O line has some ballers on it and they should be given the opportunity to be physical on offense IMO.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

No leader on defense hurts. There really isn't a leader on the entire team. I doubt most of the punks on the team would want someone to keep them focused. It would interfere with posing and dance time.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No leader on defense hurts. There really isn't a leader on the entire team. I doubt most of the punks on the team would want someone to keep them focused. It would interfere with posing and dance time.
    The defense was similar before they got James Harrison back in his most recent stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Who is "we" Radio Free Ben? Yes, we wish Rocky wouldn't tell the truth in public.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Cage match!!!

Radio-Free Ben vs. Rocky the Curmudgeon

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

People complain when athletes give the company line and then blast the athletes when they keep it real...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Cage match!!!

Radio-Free Ben vs. Rocky the Curmudgeon
    That is priceless. One guy yells "get off my lawn!", while the other does donuts on his lawn in a golf cart and blames it on Miller for making natty lite.