Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 15 vs Cheatriots

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Week 15 vs Cheatriots

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    I still think we win this one (or at least come close and lose due to being screwed by the refs). The Panthers were also really strong when they came to Pittsburgh.

Much worse is next week @NO, don't see any shot of winning there.
    Why not, nobody has a good defense in 2018, it's all how much your offense can score. We can potentially outscore anyone if we don't throw in a dogshit quarter or two, even though that's hard to resist.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Why not, nobody has a good defense in 2018, it's all how much your offense can score. We can potentially outscore anyone if we don't throw in a dogshit quarter or two, even though that's hard to resist.
    bears have a good defense. ravens arent too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Zero chance this week and next week. And if we somehow pull off a win against either, they'll get our hopes up only to shit the bed vs Cincy. Yeah I'm that cynical about our team right now.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Zero chance this week and next week. And if we somehow pull off a win against either, they'll get our hopes up only to shit the bed vs Cincy. Yeah I'm that cynical about our team right now.
    This team is just way too fucked up right now in the almost supernatural fashion they manage to lose games. Three games where they had a lead a halftime, and lost all three of them.

Game losing pass intercepted by a fucking Defensive Lineman. Pass deflected in the endzone by two defenders and still manages to be caught by the receiver. Losing a game on a fourth down. Kicker slips on the game tyer. Things aren't lining up well at all for the Steelers to have even the remote possibility of success.

If they somehow don't get smashed and manage to build a lead on New England Sunday, they will manage to blow it somehow someway.

I've come to accept this season as a wash.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

only way to get win is to score in last seconds to win game, and with Boz playing the way he is its going to take years off our lives watching. I think we can hang with them if Ben doesn't turn it over more than once but if pats have a chance on offense with more than 45 seconds left in 4th quarter its a loss. I will be amazed if the D makes a key stop at end of game. Then again I thought no way we lose to Raiders so we are do some good bounces.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

The Steelers have to figure out how to finish a game. The Pats have lost 4 games this year to average to below average teams, Jags, Lions, Titans and Dolphins. I believe that the Steelers will be in this game and possibly have the lead in the 4th quarter. All four phases of the team need to figure out how to finish the game. Don't give up hope guys and gals, the fat lady isn't singing yet.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yep didn't see any defense on Sunday night this past week, or Monday night yesterday. None on that Thursday night Cowboys-Saints game either

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, at least the Chargers have something to play for against the Ravens now, so if we can go 2-1 these last 3 we should still win the division. Would be best to win this weekend as I think the Saints game will be a shootout.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

After watching last night's Chiefs/Chargers, the NFL has pretty much decided that the offense will get all the help it needs through ticky tacky bullshit calls to keep drives alive. It happened to both teams last night and even Troy Aikman an offensive guy called it out during the broadcast.

The PI call to keep the Chargers alive on that final TD was pathetic.

The days of a dominant defense are over until the NFL instructs the officials to "let them play".

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    My guess is we need 30+ points (4 touchdowns and at least one field goal) to have a legitimate shot at winning.

I think the Steelers will need 46 points to win.
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    My guess is we need 30+ points (4 touchdowns and at least one field goal) to have a legitimate shot at winning.

Field goal? By who? Sushi?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Win = play past Dec. 31
    Lose = go home after Dec. 31
    Perspective

Those words were written on the white board at the entrance of the Steelers’ locker room Friday afternoon.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/14/pittsburgh-steelers-new-england-patriots-playoff-mentality/stories/201812140121

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    After watching last night's Chiefs/Chargers, the NFL has pretty much decided that the offense will get all the help it needs through ticky tacky bullshit calls to keep drives alive. It happened to both teams last night and even Troy Aikman an offensive guy called it out during the broadcast.

The PI call to keep the Chargers alive on that final TD was pathetic.

The days of a dominant defense are over until the NFL instructs the officials to "let them play".
    If you are referring to the one in the end zone, I am positive it was a “make-up” call for no call on the head to head on Rivers. But the entire previous scoring drive by the Chiefs was just a gimme TD to them. The rules and reffing are going to continue to ruin this game until nobody watches anymore.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

2011 game against the Cheats is the only time I can remember the Steelers making any significant changes to their defensive game plan. LeBeau actually mixed in some bump and run man coverage, kept Brady under 200 yards for the day. The offense put up about 450 yards and kept them off the field a decent amount. We held them to 17 points and they were never really in the game. Of course, I never saw them run that game plan again....cuz why in the world would you want to have continued success? lol

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I'm preparing to watch Gronk catch the ball, pick up Artie Burns and throw him across his shoulders and carry him across the goal line.
    #herewego #provemewrong

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    2011 game against the Cheats is the only time I can remember the Steelers making any significant changes to their defensive game plan. LeBeau actually mixed in some bump and run man coverage, kept Brady under 200 yards for the day. The offense put up about 450 yards and kept them off the field a decent amount. We held them to 17 points and they were never really in the game. Of course, I never saw them run that game plan again....cuz why in the world would you want to have continued success? lol
    Would require too much common sense for Tomlin and butler to handle

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Last year we switched to mostly press man coverage against the Patriots and actually won that game.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I'm preparing to watch Gronk catch the ball, pick up Artie Burns and throw him across his shoulders and carry him across the goal line.
    #herewego #provemewrong
    I can't see Burns being anywhere near Gronkowski. Burns shies away from contact.

- - - Updated - - -

And didn't Tomlin say something like they wouldn't use that plan again because they didn't want offenses to get used to it.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Let’s see: Brady’s stats against us, Belichik’s record after a loss, Artie Burns back in the lineup, no Conner, special teams doing their thing.....it’s going to be a long afternoon.

Don’t think playing more man, Burns’ supposed strength, will make any difference at all.
    Brady is going to go after him again and again, flags will fly, and eventually he’ll lose his head.

No worries, we have Sensabaugh on the other side.

Steelers throwing everything against the wall to see what might work tomorrow - return of the ColorRush unis - at least they will look stylish for this latest loss to the Pats

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Steelers throwing everything against the wall to see what might work tomorrow - return of the ColorRush unis - at least they will look stylish for this latest loss to the Pats

Hmmm... I thought they were going with the old throwbacks. The ones with the block numbers.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

That's pretty true. At least, it was up until we lost our RB and 3rd receiver. I'm interested in what it's going to look like now.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Last year we switched to mostly press man coverage against the Patriots and actually won that game.
    The Steelers built up a 24-16 lead and picked Brady once. The Patriots were effectively fucked.

If they didn't turtle up on Offense in the fourth quarter to Let the refs dictate the game on Jesse James' GW catch, and Ben isn't a fucking moron, they win that game going away. But alas, Tomlin came up with an inventive way to lose to Belichick again. Just as he's been finding ways to lose this year.

Even for some miracle, Brady doesn't go off and the game is in hand, I have no faith that the team will finish the job.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Istina View Post
    The Steelers have to figure out how to finish a game. The Pats have lost 4 games this year to average to below average teams, Jags, Lions, Titans and Dolphins. I believe that the Steelers will be in this game and possibly have the lead in the 4th quarter. All four phases of the team need to figure out how to finish the game. Don't give up hope guys and gals, the fat lady isn't singing yet.
    Titans and Lions had ex-Cheats who know how to beat them at their own game. Dolphins, in Miami, have had their number for the past couple of years, but even with that it took a last second desperation play to win. Jags? They were good enough to go man-to-man and not let the bastard breathe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Win = play past Dec. 31
    Lose = go home after Dec. 31
    Perspective

Those words were written on the white board at the entrance of the Steelers’ locker room Friday afternoon.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/14/pittsburgh-steelers-new-england-patriots-playoff-mentality/stories/201812140121

Translation: Lose and go home to your million dollar house and relax.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the videos of the Raiders stud players actually crying after a loss to the Steelers? Gone is the passion of yesterday.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Looking at this from the defensive side of things is the wrong way to approach this game, IMO. I believe this game depends on how our offense executes and dominates TOP and scores. I would like to see us run a lot of the jumbo run package. Eat up 3-5 yards per carry and put together 8-15 play scoring drives while keeping Brady and co on the sidelines and out of rhythm. Do not allow the Pats more than 2 possessions per quarter. Try to keep them with one per quarter. I think our offense is much more physical than the Pats D and we can wear them down and run over them if we stick to it. AB will be doubled the entire game. If Conner is out today run it with Nix lead blocking. Bring back the Bettis style offense for today. Our D is going to surrender yards. Just need to stop them in the redzone.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Yeah, we have issues. Even the bengals are handling the raiders right now

and I’m not buying into the crap excuse that it’s lack of talent, I believe it’s lack of coaching, prep, and scheme

I’ll watch the game today but I’m worried this could get ugly fast. I hope the team is fired up and focused,

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fire Butler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Fire Butler
    The CB that was supposed to have the crossing WR should be fired.