Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben should turn in his man card!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Ben should turn in his man card!

I'm kinda shocked I haven't read anyone questioning the prima donna. I haven't watched any morning football analysis yet either. Could you imagine Romo, Rodgers, Leftwich, or D Watson standing on sidelines watching offense for 4 possessions of crap. Tomlin and Ben are accountable, Ben should have been begging to come in and Tomlin should have inspired him to get in. I wonder if teammates question his heart, especially after calling out players and being a leader wearing a C on his jersey. If he has cracked ribs I will be the first to eat crow.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Ben should turn in his man card!

Thing is that the Steelers arent relevant enough to warrant being the prime topic on any morning football shows. They might likely lose the division title to the Ravens and miss the playoffs.

Also, Ben talking a big game and then following it up with a loss to the underwhelming Raiders isnt news either. Its a regular occurance. I have enjoyed his time as a Steeler QB, but its winding to an end and the Steelers will have to look at somebody else to direct them towards a Super Bowl win. Ben just isnt that QB any longer.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

That's 100% on our "coach". I'm sure Ben told him he was good to go plenty of times. Ultimately Tomlin has to make that call.

I mean what do you want? Ben came in led, them right down the field and gave them a lead. How about our defense stop a 2-10 team from driving 75 yards and taking it right back?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    That's 100% on our "coach". I'm sure Ben told him he was good to go plenty of times. Ultimately Tomlin has to make that call.

I mean what do you want? Ben came in led, them right down the field and gave them a lead. How about our defense stop a 2-10 team from driving 75 yards and taking it right back?
    I agree some of it is on Tomlin, just saying there is no way Aaron Rodgers isn't yelling at his coach to get in game. The fact that Ben looked fine and led them to perfect drive is what pisses me off more, had he not missed 4 or whatever drives we would have won my 14. I couldn't tell he was injured at all. I didn't see any urgency out of Ben to get back in game, and especially after him talking about leadership the last few weeks I think he blew it. This team cannot win without Ben, it can barely win with Ben.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Tomlin was treating this like a preseason game. It was Tomlins decision to keep Ben on the sideline with the playoffs on the line. Let that sink in.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I'm kinda shocked I haven't read anyone questioning the prima donna. I haven't watched any morning football analysis yet either. Could you imagine Romo, Rodgers, Leftwich, or D Watson standing on sidelines watching offense for 4 possessions of crap. Tomlin and Ben are accountable, Ben should have been begging to come in and Tomlin should have inspired him to get in. I wonder if teammates question his heart, especially after calling out players and being a leader wearing a C on his jersey. If he has cracked ribs I will be the first to eat crow.
    I was with you till Leftwich .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I agree some of it is on Tomlin, just saying there is no way Aaron Rodgers isn't yelling at his coach to get in game. The fact that Ben looked fine and led them to perfect drive is what pisses me off more, had he not missed 4 or whatever drives we would have won my 14. I couldn't tell he was injured at all. I didn't see any urgency out of Ben to get back in game, and especially after him talking about leadership the last few weeks I think he blew it. This team cannot win without Ben, it can barely win with Ben.
    I’m not sure that Rodgers is a fine example of leadership.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I was with you till Leftwich .....
    Seriously? You know nothing about Byron then. The dude came back in the second half with a broken leg and had his OL carry him down the field.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Also, Ben talking a big game and then following it up with a loss to the underwhelming Raiders isnt news either. Its a regular occurance. I have enjoyed his time as a Steeler QB, but its winding to an end and the Steelers will have to look at somebody else to direct them towards a Super Bowl win. Ben just isnt that QB any longer.
    Ben is the LEAST of this team's problems.

You might want to go back and watch the 4 possessions Dobbs was in there again, because that's what the post-Ben future is more than likely going to look like. Hopefully, it won't last for 20+ years like last time.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I’m not sure that Rodgers is a fine example of leadership.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? You know nothing about Byron then. The dude came back in the second half with a broken leg and had his OL carry him down the field.
    Exactly, my point was not the qb’s mentioned were better players but certainly would have made there way back to game with sore ribs. I would like to know whole story though.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tomlin held Ben out. During his presser he said Ben could’ve went into the game earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Ben is the LEAST of this team's problems.

You might want to go back and watch the 4 possessions Dobbs was in there again, because that's what the post-Ben future is more than likely going to look like. Hopefully, it won't last for 20+ years like last time.
    Nothing surprised me about Dobbs inability to complete passes to WR's downfield. He isn't the post-Ben future.

But let us just look objectively and we all know that neither Ben, Eli, Rivers is going to lead their respective teams to a Lombardi trophy from here on out.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

As long as it's not brady i don't really care. lol

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

True, Lefty was a tough dude, but in the NFL he was an INT machine and Dwins might be remembering that or something else about him and not his toughness.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Garbage thread...

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Clearly Tomlin (and maybe Ben by his lack of protest) were taking the win against the Raiders for granted. A frequent mistake by Tomlin against big underdogs.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin held Ben out. During his presser he said Ben could’ve went into the game earlier.
    It is what it is, obviously the standard is the standard and we're not going to make excuses. It was Next Man Up and we're not going to live in our fears.We're in the business of winning football games and we now know more about ourselves. Such is life in the National Football League...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

IF Ben had made a protest on the sidelines people would complain about that. With some on this board no matter what Ben says or does he's wrong.

As vasteeler stated "This is a garbage thread".

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    IF Ben had made a protest on the sidelines people would complain about that. With some on this board no matter what Ben says or does he's wrong.

As vasteeler stated "This is a garbage thread".
    It is a garbage thread but I highly doubt anyone would’ve complained if Ben protested to go back in, with the way the offense was playing.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

If anyone should turn in their man card, it's this guy...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If I were Rooney ... I would click that sound bite and use it as I was firing him.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    If I were Rooney ... I would click that sound bite and use it as I was firing him.
    Thank God you're not Rooney.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

This one is on Tomlin no doubt Ben was ready to come in probably the start of the Fourth Quarter total mismanagement.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

This has been inferred by a Steeler reporter. Ben was treated in the locker room and cleared to play as soon as he returned to the field. Tomlin more or less informed Ben in the locker room that he would play or not play according to game situation.That's why Ben put on the baseball cap instead of his helmet when he returned. Not sure if that was based on Tomlin's understanding on the severity of his injury or his desire to see Dobbs in actual game situation or a little of both. Ben warmed up and threw passes on the sideline a couple series prior to be reinserted to the game without showing signs of discomfort. This I think was done to let Tomlin know he was ready. In the end I think Tomlin actually believed Dobbs and the defense were going to be able to deliver the win and he would save Ben from further damage going into next weeks game.

He was wrong and our season is on the line as a result. Don't blame Ben.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    If anyone should turn in their man card, it's this guy...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That is actually totally consistent and logical once you filter for Tomlin being a football coach and not being adept at describing medical stuff.

I fell on my left side two summers ago and broke 1 rib. No way I could've played NFL football without the aid of SERIOUS painkillers. Maybe heroin.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Steelers need to upgrade their X-ray machine.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Steelers need to upgrade their X-ray machine.

The detours this team takes during a season never cease to amaze

He may have a broken rib - but maybe not - we are in Oakland where the medical equipment as good as the groundskeeping

But they didn't "know" if a rib was broken due to the allegedly shabby x-ray film - they apparently did not know until Ben received a MRI in Pittsburgh

So they would only risk playing him with a possible broken rib if they fall behind

A fairly cold blooded cost-benefit analysis but what apparently occurred here

Safety first!
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 12-11-2018 at 05:36 PM.