Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben should turn in his man card!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Ben should turn in his man card!

May the jury please disregard the comment about game flow. Sorry but you can’t unring a bell.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    May the jury please disregard the comment about game flow. Sorry but you can’t unring a bell.
    LOL - Tomlin will not blame the Raiders turf for the Boswell miss but will blame the Raiders medical equipment for contributing to the Ben situation

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Funny how things work when your ass is on the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I'm kinda shocked I haven't read anyone questioning the prima donna. I haven't watched any morning football analysis yet either. Could you imagine Romo, Rodgers, Leftwich, or D Watson standing on sidelines watching offense for 4 possessions of crap. Tomlin and Ben are accountable, Ben should have been begging to come in and Tomlin should have inspired him to get in. I wonder if teammates question his heart, especially after calling out players and being a leader wearing a C on his jersey. If he has cracked ribs I will be the first to eat crow.

Clearly, any quarterback that goes 25/29 for 282 yards and 2 TDs in just over two quarters.....gets injured and came into the game late to lead them to a go ahead touchdown.....and then moved the team 45 yards in less than 15 seconds to move them into field goal range to try to tie the game with 5 seconds left is holding this team back.

The crap that gets posted on this message board is ridiculous.

If you want to bash him when he has a bad game or throws a bunch of interceptions...I get it. When stuff like this comes up when he was one of the reasons they were in the game at all and he gave the team a chance to win twice in just a few minutes at the end of a game....it's nonsense.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Clearly, any quarterback that goes 25/29 for 282 yards and 2 TDs in just over two quarters.....gets injured and came into the game late to lead them to a go ahead touchdown.....and then moved the team 45 yards in less than 15 seconds to move them into field goal range to try to tie the game with 5 seconds left is holding this team back.

The crap that gets posted on this message board is ridiculous.

If you want to bash him when he has a bad game or throws a bunch of interceptions...I get it. When stuff like this comes up when he was one of the reasons they were in the game at all and he gave the team a chance to win twice in just a few minutes at the end of a game....it's nonsense.
    I get Ben is best player on team and zero chance to win without him. Even if Ben has perfect qb rating it’s possible with this team to still lose. But as I sat and watched the game slip away with Dobbs unable to move team I saw Ben standing there like a bystander. You’re saying it’s nonsense fine, IMO many other qb’s would have been fighting harder to get back in. I thought it was disappointing for a self proclaimed leader of team. Tomlin should not get 100 percent blame, if Ben was hurt enough to sit out 4-5 series he would’ve showed signs of the injury, which I didn’t see. Ben was not holding us back,the lack of Ben was.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I’m guessing Ben was out about the amount of time the cocktail of pharmaceuticals they gave him took time to take effect.

Even if his ribs were just bruised, it may have been a difficult task to raise his harms much less zip a football 20 yards. Until the cool modern drugs kicked in. Then he probably could’ve ripped an arm off and not noticed.

We don’t have to like it or agree with it but there is a chain of logic here. It took 3 days to come out and may be a load of crap, but it’s there.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I get Ben is best player on team and zero chance to win without him. Even if Ben has perfect qb rating it’s possible with this team to still lose. But as I sat and watched the game slip away with Dobbs unable to move team I saw Ben standing there like a bystander. You’re saying it’s nonsense fine, IMO many other qb’s would have been fighting harder to get back in. I thought it was disappointing for a self proclaimed leader of team. Tomlin should not get 100 percent blame, if Ben was hurt enough to sit out 4-5 series he would’ve showed signs of the injury, which I didn’t see. Ben was not holding us back,the lack of Ben was.
    What QB have you seen fighting to come back into the game after suffering a rib injury? Ben has played hurt more times than I can count. Punched in the nose he comes to the sidelines then comes right back in. Earlier this year he was hurt in Baltimore and came back after missing 1 play and won the game. What would this board be saying if Dobbs had gotten sacked in the endzone for a safety and we lost that game? I can just imagine how some would be laying that at Ben's feet for being a drama queen. Hell even in a win he's called a drama queen. I heard a guy saying we needed to put in Dobbs during the Jax game and he was serious basing his opinion off one pass in Baltimore the week prior. From what I hear there were some on this very board doing the same thing. If it's not what he says it's how he says it or if it's not what he does it's what he didn't do.

It was a decision by Tomlin that could not be defended and was made worse by the multiple attempts to explain what he was basing it on.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Let's go get a real leader and win 5 games a year.

When he was going to Super Bowls and winning, it was good enough. Now he can play a perfect game and he still gets shit on.

When he came off the field and his nose was pointing east, and he got it straightened out and ran back on the field....was that tough enough. We've all seen him play when he could barely walk or maybe in a condition that others wouldn't attempt to play. But now suddenly is everything in question because they lose a couple games? And people talk about Ben Roethlisberger apologists.

I know that fans get emotional, but how do you not read what you've been posting and think....maybe I went too far?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

The gamble on holding Ben out unless the Raiders took the lead worked - Ben came in and the Steelers retook the lead with less than 4 minutes left

The gamble that failed, once again, was hoping the pass defense could be fixed through on the cheap actions like signing Morgan Burnett and that this defense could hold anyone in the final 5 minutes of a game (as reflected by Tomlin not stopping the clock quickly when the Raiders got inside the 10 on their final drive since he preferred to assume the Steelers could run out the clock after his defense stopped the Raiders rather than need time for a miracle drive)

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Let's go get a real leader and win 5 games a year.

When he was going to Super Bowls and winning, it was good enough. Now he can play a perfect game and he still gets shit on.

When he came off the field and his nose was pointing east, and he got it straightened out and ran back on the field....was that tough enough. We've all seen him play when he could barely walk or maybe in a condition that others wouldn't attempt to play. But now suddenly is everything in question because they lose a couple games? And people talk about Ben Roethlisberger apologists.

I know that fans get emotional, but how do you not read what you've been posting and think....maybe I went too far?
    Ive read many posts through the years that have gone to far and for sure have written a few.Even if I went too far its how I felt watching. They are all just opinions from fans,some like Tomlin some don't. Some hated Arians some don't. Some think Ben is a great QB but is a douche, some think great leader . As I stated before I don't know exactly what transpired, but as a fan I was disappointed to see Ben standing on sideline so long when he appeared fine on last series. The gamble on holding Ben out didn't work, he was out we 4 series where we passed on points. Since you asked I will answer, Rivers, Romo, non QB Jordy Nelson I recall playing with bruised or cracked ribs and Andrew Luck played with hairline fracture to ribs. It is very possible that my emotions took over though, because Im still irritated at the last 3 weeks.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    This has been inferred by a Steeler reporter. Ben was treated in the locker room and cleared to play as soon as he returned to the field. Tomlin more or less informed Ben in the locker room that he would play or not play according to game situation.That's why Ben put on the baseball cap instead of his helmet when he returned. Not sure if that was based on Tomlin's understanding on the severity of his injury or his desire to see Dobbs in actual game situation or a little of both. Ben warmed up and threw passes on the sideline a couple series prior to be reinserted to the game without showing signs of discomfort. This I think was done to let Tomlin know he was ready. In the end I think Tomlin actually believed Dobbs and the defense were going to be able to deliver the win and he would save Ben from further damage going into next weeks game.

He was wrong and our season is on the line as a result. Don't blame Ben.

Agreed, and he pushed all his chips to the middle too. Going on 4th and short, chancing that field position with only a single possession lead... F@&#in Poker moves. Too cute.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Ive read many posts through the years that have gone to far and for sure have written a few.Even if I went too far its how I felt watching. They are all just opinions from fans,some like Tomlin some don't. Some hated Arians some don't. Some think Ben is a great QB but is a douche, some think great leader . As I stated before I don't know exactly what transpired, but as a fan I was disappointed to see Ben standing on sideline so long when he appeared fine on last series. The gamble on holding Ben out didn't work, he was out we 4 series where we passed on points. Since you asked I will answer, Rivers, Romo, non QB Jordy Nelson I recall playing with bruised or cracked ribs and Andrew Luck played with hairline fracture to ribs. It is very possible that my emotions took over though, because Im still irritated at the last 3 weeks.
    Ok they played but that's not all of the question. Did these guys have to demand from their coaches to be put back into the game or were they simply put back in as to help with the flow of the game? The reason I ask is because to me this was simply a Tomlin decision and was another example of him being not evaluating the situation properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Ok they played but that's not all of the question. Did these guys have to demand from their coaches to be put back into the game or were they simply put back in as to help with the flow of the game? The reason I ask is because to me this was simply a Tomlin decision and was another example of him being not evaluating the situation properly.
    The more time that goes by I actually do blame Tomlin more. My initial reaction was “ Ben get your ass in there” and quit dicking around on sideline you prima Donna. I still think no way Brady or Rogers sits idle on sidelines, but maybe it’s because their head coaches would be on top of things and not get caught up in the flow.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Reporting today confirms ribs are broken. I think we can all get off the ledge.

Tried to win without further damaging the key to the season. When that wasn't possible, he went back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Ben gets his man card back, actually he actually didn’t lose it. One big hit with 300 lb lineman and Dobbs is going to have to lead team. This game just got more stressful if that’s possible. We need Tampa Bay to step up.