Thread: ARTICLE Steelers Vs Raiders Winners/Losers

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

ARTICLE Steelers Vs Raiders Winners/Losers

WINNERS
    JuJu Smith-Schuster: Smith-Schuster was the bright spot offensively, repeatedly coming up with difficult catches along the sideline. He topped things off at the end of the first half, showing ridiculous concentration to make the grab and keep both feet in the back of the end zone for the score. He then wrestled away the ball for the (then) go-ahead score.
    His game continues to evolve and he’s only going to get better.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/st...inners-losers/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

ARTICLE Steelers Vs Raiders Winners/Losers

“Losers” is everyone on the planet that had a vested interest in the Steelers...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: ARTICLE Steelers Vs Raiders Winners/Losers

Jaylen Samuels needs to eat a salad.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

no winners in a loss .....

so winners Raiders ......

Losers Steelers......

Morgan Burnett needs released now ....

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

No winners terrible loss!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Everyone lost, even the Raiders lost, they get a worse pick.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Winners: Baltimore Ravens. They only need 2 more wins to secure the division.

This is honestly the first time ever in my time as a Steeler fan that I hope we don't make the playoffs. This team won't do any damage in the postseason, they're finished. Giving away 2 games in a row, then just getting flat out beat by the Raiders, they are a mess right now.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I would trade the playoffs for Tomlin getting fired. The problem is they can finish on a 6-game skid and Tomlin’s job is secure.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Everyone lost, even the Raiders lost, they get a worse pick.
    Actually, the Niners beat the Broncos to move to 3-10 as well. So at least I don't have to listen to all the idiots here in Denver talk all week about how the Broncos are suddenly in SB contention.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Let’s just stick this right here...lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Let’s just stick this right here...lol

If Mike Hilton breaks up the 4th down pass, no one talks about this.

Only in such an offense oriented era and when no one trust defense does letting your opponent bleed time at the end of the game seem like a terrible decision.

For better or worse, a coach who believes in his defense to make that stop is going to do what Tomlin did. While I disagree, this is what "defense" guys do.

Look at the picture again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If Mike Hilton breaks up the 4th down pass, no one talks about this.

Only in such an offense oriented era and when no one trust defense does letting your opponent bleed time at the end of the game seem like a terrible decision.

For better or worse, a coach who believes in his defense to make that stop is going to do what Tomlin did. While I disagree, this is what "defense" guys do.
    Also to your point. A coach who believes in his offense and not the opposing defense will let the clock run down on his own team.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Coach Noll pulled Bobby Walden and instead of punting ran the ball on 4th down. The Steel Curtain held.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Also to your point. A coach who believes in his offense and not the opposing defense will let the clock run down on his own team.
    I'm not really trying to defend the decision or even say I totally agree with it. But at least I can step back and think through it were I can see where Tomlin was coming from or some aspects of his thought process.

Unlike say Butler's insistence that LJ Fort is good at covering NFL level receivers! Especially because he isn't using Fort in coverage to then run some sort of exotic overload blitz. He's just using Fort in basic nickel and dime coverage...again...and again...and again....

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I'm not really trying to defend the decision or even say I totally agree with it. But at least I can step back and think through it were I can see where Tomlin was coming from or some aspects of his thought process.

Unlike say Butler's insistence that LJ Fort is good at covering NFL level receivers! Especially because he isn't using Fort in coverage to then run some sort of exotic overload blitz. He's just using Fort in basic nickel and dime coverage...again...and again...and again....
    Gotcha.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

JuJu played his heart out.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    JuJu played his heart out.