Thread: Official FIRE BUTLER thread

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Official FIRE BUTLER thread

Just get it over with already.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Official FIRE BUTLER thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Just get it over with already.
    Tomlin would still be the HC so that wouldn't really solve the problem.
    Hater = Realist

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think it's time for every damn coach not named "Munchak" to start packing their bags.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I think it's time for every damn coach not named "Munchak" to start packing their bags.
    Exactly
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Butler never should have been gifted the position. That decision for him to be the DC was done long before Tomlin took over.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Official FIRE BUTLER thread

I’d have to agree.

This team doesn’t make adjustments and I’m not convinced they look at opposing game films. Week in and week out they run a game plan and it looks almost identical to the week before and at no point do they make adjustments or try to exploit the other teams weakness. Yet they still run the same dopey unsuccessful plays they ran the week before and wind up trash on offense. They make an “adjustment” by letting Ben run no huddle offense and that’s it.

Then the same thing happens on defense...I mean they’re STILL covering WRs with LJ Fort. I get that there’s mismatches and they will occur on occasion but the LJ Fort on WR mismatch...happens all game every week...lol. Anything thrown between the hash marks and numbers is wide open...all day every day. They have no answer for TEs, Slot Receivers or RBs out of the backfield. If the pressure is not there, it’s going to most likely be completed.

Then there’s just little details like the wrong cleats...all game the cleats are an issue and on the final play of the game, it becomes an issue that costs them a chance at a W. Those little details slipping through the cracks means there’s larger ones slipping as well.

The Rooney family needs to wake the fuck up and start making someone accountable. Because this horse shit coaching staff is dragging the talent on this team down with them. They already have shit for talent on defense and throw in a crappy coaching staff and you lose to the Raiders...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

This .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Can't fire Butler yet, Tomlin would lose his scapegoat.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Butler never should have been gifted the position. That decision for him to be the DC was done long before Tomlin took over.
    Yeah, it makes you wonder, what the hell did they see in him as a LB coach to fixate on him without considering others for the position.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Yeah, it makes you wonder, what the hell did they see in him as a LB coach to fixate on him without considering others for the position.
    I honestly think it was because good players made him look better than he was (kind of like King Lebeau).

I remember hearing about him being slotted for the job after the 2005 Super Bowl win, among the mild speculation that maybe Lebeau would retire at that time. It might have been the 2008 super bowl. After so many Steelers game heart attacks, my memory escapes me sometimes.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Can't fire Butler yet, Tomlin would lose his scapegoat.
    thats the plan for the off season

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

The only good things Butler did was allow the defensive linemen to attack the quarterback instead of just eating up offensive linemen and helping the defense lead in sacks last year and this year. Other than that, he's done nothing good. Watching linebackers cover wide receivers time and time again is the latest boneheaded thing he's come up with. He needs to go.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

If (when?) Butler goes as DC I assume AJRII will insist the replacement be an outsider after the failed internal promotion of Butler - that was how it worked when AJRII forced Arians out

Working under Tomlin might not be seen as the best career move for a young position coach considering alternatives as staffs are assembled by new HCs in Green Bay, Cleveland and wherever else (Jets for sure) the HC is canned.

Tomlin is very involved in the defense post-LeBeau and, unlike Cowher’s assistants who repeatedly went on to HC jobs, the only Tomlin assistant I recall subsequently becoming a HC was the one who was fired - Arians. So the Steelers may not be the first preference for young assistant coaches.

Also will be interesting to see if the new DC gets to work with new position coaches to replace deadwood such as Porter.

Since missing the playoffs after the one and done playoff debacle last season will put serious heat on Tomlin for the first time this will be a significant offseason for the future of what remains of the Tomlin era.